PGT: Game 6: Sweden 5 - Slovakia 2

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
It is a possible. Sweden dont have here such a good team like usually. Slovaks are stronger this year than in the past. Definitely could beat them and scored 4 goals.

Sky is the limit. :thumbu:

For my national team, this game is a best chance to avoid Canada in the QF. Finnland and USA are too strong. With Tre Kronor, I believe we could make this one.

Nope

Reactions: Slimmy

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
it's easy to be wise after the event
Well....
Its actually pretty sad how bad the situation is in Slovakia atm. I still remember when they produced players like Bondra, Palffy, Stumpel, Hossa, Dimitra, Visnovsky, Satan, Gaborik etc. Guess they were ”produced” during the Czechslovakia-years?

Feharvary looked good though. They should continue sending their prospects up north for some development

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Well....
Its actually pretty sad how bad the situation is in Slovakia atm. I still remember when they produced players like Bondra, Palffy, Stumpel, Hossa, Dimitra, Visnovsky, Satan, Gaborik etc. Guess they were ”produced” during the Czechslovakia-years?

Feharvary looked good though. They should continue sending their prospects up north for some development
Situation is really bad, that is true, but nowadays it is still better and better. You watched the game, though? This team is quite good. I would say that we were clearly better in second period and than it was 50/50. We did not say the last word yet. You will see.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I have to say that I was really impressed by Sweden. Lack of any super talent in the offense might actually help them. I am pretty sure Sweden will go past quarterfinals

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I first replied before the game. If Finland only managed to score only one on Sweden, then Sweden have a strong defense and forecheck.
Yeah, but thats it. You have lack of quality in the offense and I think that you will pay for it later. With someone who is stronger than us, like Czechs or Russian team.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
You mean like the Finnish team? :sarcasm:
Finland have best team here, so far. Kupari, Kakko, Tolvanen or Heponiemi + best D Jokiharju, G Luukonen. Man, those are names. Sweden definitely dont have such a talent on their squad.

Yeah, I know. You beat them, but even Barcelona(Football) cannot win every game, am I right?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Finland have best team here, so far. Kupari, Kakko, Tolvanen or Heponiemi + best D Jokiharju, G Luukonen. Man, those are names. Sweden definitely dont have such a talent on their squad.

Yeah, I know. You beat them, but even Barcelona(Football) cannot win every game, am I right?
Are you trolling right now, or are you just oblivious?

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Sure, you can say our forwards aren't up to par, but if you say the same about our Dmen and "Sweden definitely dont have such a talent on their squad." then you're simply nuts.
You misunderstood. I was talking about total strength. I didnt say that Finland have better defence(but maybe they have, Jokiharju is best D in tournament).

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Brännström >= Jokiharju atleast.

Sweden might lack the top talent that Finland have on forwards this year. But Sweden bottom 6 > Finland bottom 6. Also I'd take our D core any day.
Jokiharju plays in NHL. Brannstrom plays in AHL. I dont need to say more...

Last edited:

Snuuzi

Nov 3, 2017

Lets be honest though, finnish juniors have been pretty overrated the last few years. I guess finnish fans and media thinks their players will gain confidence and play better if their a little overhyped?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, but thats it. You have lack of quality in the offense and I think that you will pay for it later. With someone who is stronger than us, like Czechs or Russian team.
Doesn’t matter if we lack the offensive quality if what we need is to prevent Slovakia from scoring four.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017

Uh, you are comparing Finland whit Barcelona (?) while this was the 45th (or 46th?) straight win for Sweden at the group-stage of the WJC. SWE hasn't lost one single game since 2006.. Get your head around that fact and then comback whit the comparison of who is the Barcelona here.. If anyone is known for its "Tiki-taka-hockey" at the junior and senior levels, its Sweden

Reactions: stastny12

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

While it was still a game, sweden was a tier above finland. With that said finland has more intresting talents than sweden in this WJC going forward to becoming senior players, even if sweden has some as well, like Brannstrom, Broberg, Boqvist, Sandin, Elvenes, Bemstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad