GDT: Game #6/ Red Wings @ Oilers/ 9:30 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
We have arrived. The boys take on Edmonton tomorrow night. ‪#‎internationalbusinesstrip‬ ‪#‎lgrw‬
10552447_10153346808484139_1115607175843969201_n.jpg

Lines:

Larkin- Z- Abbie
Tatar- Sheahan- Gus
Helm- Richards- Pulkkinen
Miller- Glendening- Ferraro

Kronwall- Ericsson
DeKeyser- Green
Quincey- Kindl

Mrazek

Moving Richards to the 3rd line is a great move. He hasn't been bad but not terrific either, I think Riley can better spark Gus and Tats. Both lines have potential, I like the feel of this lineup. Poor Smith played himself out of the lineups. Can't believe Kindl stole the spot but good for him do something with it.

1st 5 games are done this should be a welcome 6 day road trip out of the Eastern Conference. I'm interested to see how Detroit stacks up vs. Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. This western road swing always proves to be entertaining hockey.

Some Wings fans will get their first look at Connor McDavid I trust you won't be disappointed. I got to see him a few times in the OHL- as a rookie and last season before the PO's. He is all that! A special player who stood out FAR above his peers in junior and after a few games we're starting to see that in the NHL.

Oilers seem sketchy as usual, never know what you'll get from them, but it should be a fun and fast game.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Hopefully the wings win 4 to 2 or 3 to 1. Mcdavid gets a point.

Im gonna be salty if we dont win this one.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Everyone should be excited to watch Connor. He's visibly the best Oiler by a big stretch (RNH possibly second), he really stands out as being a special player.

With that said, if you're tuning into an Oil game just to watch him it can be hard at times, as they aren't exactly a puck possession team. So, sometimes there's nothing impressive going on aside from noticing his speed on a back check, minor things. But his speed and vision at 18 years old is the best I've seen.

Hoping for a Wings win.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
A game?? Omg.

Wishlist:

* Don't get outshot
* Keep the Oilers to <30 SOG
* Get >25 SOG
* Take less than 5 penalties
* A goal from at least one of Tatar/Richards

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Tatar NEEDS a goal tonight. I also think it's going to be crucial for the Wings to control the play and outshoot the Oilers in the first period. I'd like to see more of a line shakeup, put Larkin out there centering his own line.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think Tatar will get going on this trip. 3-4 goals. EDM probably feel rather good coming off a few wins.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
If his vision is so great then I guess he must have been purposely trying to injure that guy he boarded the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
A game?? Omg.

Wishlist:

* Don't get outshot
* Keep the Oilers to <30 SOG
* Get >25 SOG
* Take less than 5 penalties
* A goal from at least one of Tatar/Richards

shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots

Everybody!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yes.

But I was also -6 years old when the original came out. Which means I never got to see it on the big screen.

A local theater is airing it tonight in honor of the day Marty traveled into the future.

Had older siblings, so that was a family favorite on VHS. And the Goonies, obviously. Would be cool to see it on the big screen.

Actual Thought*

I just hope for a good showing. Maybe have the puck sometimes? That would be good.:laugh:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Tatar NEEDS a goal tonight. I also think it's going to be crucial for the Wings to control the play and outshoot the Oilers in the first period. I'd like to see more of a line shakeup, put Larkin out there centering his own line.

spot on :handclap:

during preseason Larkin was like master yoda
playing as center -> Bertuzzi-Larkin-Pulkkinen
was no doubt, the best line in the entire preseason
all teams counted for

now, who would take Bertuzzi's spot? i dunno
maybe Tatar?, Tatar-Larkin-Pulkkinen

1. Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist
2. Tatar-Larkin-Pulkkinen
3. Helm-Richards-Sheahan
4. Miller-Glendening-Ferraro

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Let's not get out shot this time.

I would even take a loss as long as we dominate the puck tonight. Play the right way, in the long run you will win out.

Poor Smith played himself out of the lineups. Can't believe Kindl stole the spot but good for him do something with it.
I'm just glad it's at least partly because Kindl looks okay out there and not just because Smith has really crapped it up.

I too want to see Larkin centering his own line. I think he's better than Sheahan right now. Give him some 2C time from the start and not just after 2 periods of suck. Other things I want to see tonight

-Tatar with a goal dammit.
-Richards too.
-Larkin continues point streak.
-SOME SUSTAINED OFFENSIVE PRESSURE PLS.

Even if it's just against the Oilers I will take it. I need to see the Wings play well at least once every 5 games.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I would even take a loss as long as we dominate the puck tonight. Play the right way, in the long run you will win out.

I'd rather have one shot on net and win 1-0. We don't get points out of losses, no matter how pretty the loss was.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I too want to see Larkin centering his own line. I think he's better than Sheahan right now. Give him some 2C time from the start and not just after 2 periods of suck. Other things I want to see tonight
Patience. I see no rush to get Larkin into the middle. Playing with Z is a great position for him currently.

I'd rather have one shot on net and win 1-0. We don't get points out of losses, no matter how pretty the loss was.
I remember a lot of Toronto fans saying things like that the same year they collapsed late in the season and missed the playoffs. Bad play usually catches up to you. This team needs to get into good habits, not hope for fluke wins because of Mrazek standing on his head or Zetterberg beasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad