Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Rangers @ Flyers. "Hannibal Lecter" Killer Instinct Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Well SoftEuro you were right last time ;).

Well, predicting a Nash PO goal is even more of a reach than predicting a goal by Boyle :laugh:. If he scores I'll no doubt knight myself on this site and go by "Sir SoftEuro4thLiner" from then.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Pittsburgh wants to play the Rangers. The Flyers always unnerve the Penguins. They lose their cool and composure. Neal always loses his mind when the Penguins play the Flyers. The Rangers aren't that type of team. The Flyers have tried to get the Rangers into that type of game but the Rangers aren't built for that. Pittsburgh can just play their game against the Rangers.

The Rangers will lose tonight and win tomorrow night. The Rangers will play well enough to lose. Mason will make some key stops. It will be another weird game. The Rangers will seem to be in complete control but something will happen.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
No doubt tonight is tough to win. The Rangers should be challenged to play their best
game to finish them off. If the rangers can get off to an early lead again, hold it and build on it, they can keep the Flyers chasing them all game until its over.

Do it. End it.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Pittsburgh wants to play the Rangers. The Flyers always unnerve the Penguins. They lose their cool and composure. Neal always loses his mind when the Penguins play the Flyers. The Rangers aren't that type of team. The Flyers have tried to get the Rangers into that type of game but the Rangers aren't built for that. Pittsburgh can just play their game against the Rangers.

The Rangers will lose tonight and win tomorrow night. The Rangers will play well enough to lose. Mason will make some key stops. It will be another weird game. The Rangers will seem to be in complete control but something will happen.

Something will be some more questionable officiating.

It benefits everyone but the team itself and Ranger fans for this game to be tight and the series to go 7. Even Dolan is probably a Flyers fan tonight banking the Rangers win at home tomorrow. The refs are likely going to be controlling the pace tonight. Just short of the Rangers dominating like they should and blowing the Flyers out, this has bad ending written all over it.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
If the officiating is as bad as last game we still have a good chance to win. I think Hank will have to shine tonight. The pressure is on the Flyers. Lets hope they crack

A big game from Nash tonight can puy this series to bed.

AHB*

Pittsburgh would probably prefer to play us, but the Rangers D can match up against their offense. CBJ has a worse defense then us and held their top guns in check for nearly the entire series. I like our depth a lot more then there's if that's what the series comes down to.

First thing's first though, let's end this tonight.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
The Zucc-Brassard-Poo line way overdue to score tonight. Need points from them.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
tumblr_static_tumblr_inline_mm3nmfw8r21qz4rgp.gif

KreiMeARiver*

I mean, since it's the theme of the thread:

"Would you **** me? I'd **** me!"

henrik-lundqvist-gq-style.jpg

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

You don't have to play like that against Pittsburgh to beat them though. The big thing is to not do what Tortorella used to do which is sit back and try to play defense on Crosby and Malkin all night long. Make them play in their own end, hold onto the puck, and make Fleury have to win or lose games and not just be a passenger

The Rangers would always lose to Pittsburgh under Tortorella because they played a very passive game, always defending, trying to dump and chase which didn't challenge the Pittsburgh D or goaltender. Crosby and Malkin had all the time in the world to do what they wanted because the Rangers were always backing up against them. Maybe the Rangers wouldn't beat them now under AV either but I think they'd give them a hell of a lot more trouble.

But...gotta win this series first and the Flyers aren't gonna go quietly. Also, stay out of the box.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Nash needs to actually show up (yes I know, 4 assists, but he's paid to score!).

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Time to eliminate this orange crud! Take it to them early, expose Mason again, eliminate their will - and on to Pittsburgh.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I honestly feel like this team can take a big step forward tonight... not just win a series but to show what they're made of.

If they lose this one it's same ol' same ol'

Maybe this time they don't win game 7 and they realize "Wow... we had a 2 goal lead in game 2... maybe that's more important than we thought? Hmmmmmmm"

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
I honestly feel like this team can take a big step forward tonight... not just win a series but to show what they're made of.

If they lose this one it's same ol' same ol'

Maybe this time they don't win game 7 and they realize "Wow... we had a 2 goal lead in game 2... maybe that's more important than we thought? Hmmmmmmm"

With the way we've played this series it should've been a sweep. That's just how I feel.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Flyers take a 2 goal lead despite the Rangers playing well

End of second period Rangers score to make it 2-1 and then score 4 more unanswered in the third for a 5-2 elimination of the Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad