GDT: Game 6 - Pens @ Isles - 6:30 PM ET - Do or Die, but Please Don't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Every first round exit is frustrating, but this one is the worst of the last 3. This team SHOULD win and they were playing well enough to win. Just brutal goaltending, questionable coaching, and lack of finish. I don’t know how you move forward here if this roster wasn’t good enough.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Every first round exit is frustrating, but this one is the worst of the last 3. This team SHOULD win and they were playing well enough to win. Just brutal goaltending, questionable coaching, and lack of finish. I don’t know how you move forward here if this roster wasn’t good enough.

The L1 no show ranks right up there.

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
BTW

Speaking of god awful NHL officiating in the playoffs, the Islanders hadn't had one power play until that dumb play.

The penguins weren't playing that clean.
Make no mistake, how the refs are calling these playoffs falls right into the Islanders’ hands. That is the style of hockey they want to play- hooking, holding, interfering to minimize the impact of skill.

Reactions: bigkam

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
This will be good for the organization. Success breeds arrogant and stagnation and that has happened. If this coach returns you know Hextall and Burke still are not ready to do what needs to be done. We need a new goalie and we need to get rid of playoff non-performers. I'm open to moving Guentzel too.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
On the positive side, I would love to have Jeff Carter back.

10 years ago that sentence would've made me puke in my mouth a little.

You do know that he is back next year, right?

Absent retirement.

Which the Pens play could make him do and I would totally understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad