GDT: Game #6: October 17th - CGY @ CBJ - 5:00MT (SNET WEST/FLAMES)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Stajan has shown consistently he produces better playing with better mates. He's not a guy that will make others around him better, but he can play anywhere in your lineup and usually match who he's playing with. The thing is I think Hartley loves having Joe play C due to his size.
Agreed, but when scoring is tough to come by something needs to be done. It makes no sense playing Byron, Bouma and even Jooris above Stajan at this point in time. The best thing for the team is Stajan in the top 9 IMO.

Also in the past we've argued about kids being scratched and some of us (myself included) have brought up that being in the press box gives a young player a difference perspective on the game? Thought this quote from Gaudreau was awesome regarding that, this is from the same piece where we learned Churros was injured.

While Gaudreau acknowledged that he was disappointed not to be on the ice on Friday night, he did make the most of the experience, trying to glean as much information as possible from his vantage point.

"It was a different view of the game, up from the top you see the whole ice surface and where their five guys are, where our five guys are.

"You can tell and can see the little differences that you can't tell on the ice. I think that perspective really helped me out."

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah I fully agree, I want Stajan in our top 9. I think Hartley is having a hard time fitting him in though because he likes having a guy with Colbornes size down the middle, especially in the West. I wouldn't mind at all seeing Colborne put back on the wing because I also think he deserves to be in the top 9 as much as Stajan does. But I think he's experimenting with some things.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think the Flames should have at a least a top line rather than trying to roll out 4 lines. Put Glencross - Backlund - Hudler as our 1st line so we at least have a line that can somewhat hold down the fort.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
I think the Flames should have at a least a top line rather than trying to roll out 4 lines. Put Glencross - Backlund - Hudler as our 1st line so we at least have a line that can somewhat hold down the fort.

Yeah, I've always been an advocate of that being our somewhat de facto "1st line", but really any line has the potential to surprise with a big game depending on a variety of factors. I'd still like to see Johnny with Money and Colborne, and Raymond-Stajan-Seto together.. Not really that fearsome of a top-9 by any standards, but as balanced an attack as we could hope right now, imo. I'd love to see Ferland and Granlund up at some point, maybe soon, and especially if the big club starts pooping the bed for a lengthy stretch..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad