Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Show me something positive Rangers, we want to see the best team in the NHL this season out there.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
I would love to see the Rangers fight like the Blackhawks do on a regular basis...Unreal spirit.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I would love to see the Rangers fight like the Blackhawks do on a regular basis...Unreal spirit.

Yeah, too bad they lost though, terrible play on the dump in by Bickell leading to a 2-1 the other way and Kesler with the perfect shot for the rebound not into the logo.

So the 2 teams a lot of people had in the final are now down 3-2 in their series.

Let's go Rangers! Please turn this around.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Come on, boys! Respond to the adversity like you have all season. Keep finding a way. Set up another game 7 at home.

Blueshirts51

Oct 8, 2014
Astoria
Seriously doubt it unless Doc and Pierre and Eddie get locked in a bathroom. Now thinking about it, if I got locked in a bathroom with Pierre and Doc, I'd lose my mind. Doc would be in a fetal position reciting odd adjectives in one corner, and Pierre would be in the opposite corner talking about some random hockey facts that no one else knows about while still talking bad about the Rangers. And better yet, if we're in there long enough, Pierre might actually grow some hair on that shiny head of his! :laugh:

Okay, on a more serious note, with Albert and Micheletti doing the Anaheim-Chicago game right now, Doc and the gang have to be doing the Rangers game. No way Albert and Micheletti are doing the Rangers game.

I think Doc is only doing the games in Chicago and New York this round. Edzo already tweeted he's in Tampa Bay. So, should be Kenny and Edzo with the call and Pierre between the benches.

Game 6 - just win. LGR!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Uh, Round 2? This year and last year?

This roster has had plenty of heart for years, there's just other teams that are better. Accomplished quite a lot recently considering our scoring drops off a cliff every spring.

lirl, last year was the only one recently where are scoring didn't drop off a cliff, it was ok (2.56 in the playoffs?), but the eventual Cup winner was averaging almost an entire additional Goal/Game as us. Other years we're averaging 2.15-2.20...yuck

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

This roster has had plenty of heart for years, there's just other teams that are better. Accomplished quite a lot recently considering our scoring drops off a cliff every spring.

lirl, last year was the only one recently where are scoring didn't drop off a cliff, it was ok (2.56 in the playoffs?), but the eventual Cup winner was averaging almost an entire additional Goal/Game as us. Other years we're averaging 2.15-2.20...yuck

I completely agree.

On a whole, this team most certainly has a ton of heart. The problem is our top-end offensive talent doesn't show in the post season. Chicago's does.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
I think in a perfect world, Rick Nash is playing in a role more similar to Hossa on Chicago.

in a perfect world instead of just missing the playoffs during the dark era of 1998-2004 we are dead last in the conference and we get to load up on high draft picks

in a perfect world the Cherapanov tragedy never happens and we get to see what he was capable of

in a perfect world with the decent draft picks we did actually get over the years we instead make the right choice ( tarasenko )

In a perfect world the Rangers as a big city franchise play up to the other big city sports franchises here like the Yankees and Giants...at least the Giants

in a perfect world :laugh:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
in a perfect world instead of just missing the playoffs during the dark era of 1998-2004 we are dead last in the conference and we get to load up on high draft picks

in a perfect world the Cherapanov tragedy never happens and we get to see what he was capable of

in a perfect world with the decent draft picks we did actually get over the years we instead make the right choice ( tarasenko )

In a perfect world the Rangers as a big city franchise play up to the other big city sports franchises here like the Yankees and Giants...at least the Giants

Mckayla_is_Unimpressed.png

:D

Still, my point, I think I had one. Oh well.

IMHO, this game is a must win.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

With the Giants, I think there's an argument to be made that the Rangers have been better 2012-current than the Giants were in their seasons of winning the Super Bowl. The difference being that the Stanley Cup is far harder to win than the Super Bowl.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I think in a perfect world, Rick Nash is playing in a role more similar to Hossa on Chicago.

I don't want to make excuses for Nash, as he should be putting more pucks in the net; but he should be part of a proper 1-2 punch. Thus far through the playoffs the 2 has either been Richards or MSL, neither of which are in there prime to offer a realistic alternative.

It would be very interesting to see what would have happened if we had of kept Gabby and Nash upfront for more than half season and used some of the picks that we've since traded to fix some of that forward depth...

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Mckayla_is_Unimpressed.png

:D

Still, my point, I think I had one. Oh well.

IMHO, this game is a must win.

lol....Most definitely

With the Giants, I think there's an argument to be made that the Rangers have been better 2012-current than the Giants were in their seasons of winning the Super Bowl. The difference being that the Stanley Cup is far harder to win than the Super Bowl.

No argument there

I think back to pre - 2012 Rangers and I say our only real chance at winning a cup during those years was the 2006-07 team which lost to Buffalo in the 2nd round.

I think we could have taken Ottawa in 7 in the next round

and the Ducks would have been a battle but possible out of any of those teams prior to 2011-2012

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

Yeah, great, we brought it in Round 2 of last year and this year. I want them to bring it every round in every game. They don't have the right to not bring it one game or not bring their best one round.

All comes back to being weak mentally. But I forgot. I got destroyed for saying that. "This isn't chess. Mental game doesn't exist." LOL. Still laughing at that one all the way to the bank.

They played Game 5 like it was a regular season game in November. Just disgusting. I don't expect them to win every game. That's absurd. But I do expect them to bring a level of intensity that matches or exceeds the opposing team. Whether they win, that's another story.

I feel like Game 5 hasn't been played yet in this series. Still feel like there's a game to watch. Well, one team played the game, the other didn't.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
There are plenty aspects of it that are similar to chess, Alain ****ing Vigneault is our coach FFS. You know what isn't similar to chess? Every team doesn't start with the same damn pieces.

I find it very off-putting that anyone would suggest this team is 'mentally weak'.

Literally: pls

Yeah just bring it every game, the players are robots.

Last edited:

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
On a selfish note, I wouldn't mind if they snagged a Cup this year. I'm likely moving to Asia soon and I'm not sure I'll be able to see the games all too easily. So let's win the next two, then go down 3-1 in the Final and win it in 7 like we do

:pickle::devdance:

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
On a selfish note, I wouldn't mind if they snagged a Cup this year. I'm likely moving to Asia soon and I'm not sure I'll be able to see the games all too easily. So let's win the next two, then go down 3-1 in the Final and win it in 7 like we do

Asia.....why so? if you don't mind me asking.

also Asia is a big ass continent.....where in Asia?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

There is always hockey streams until Bejing filters it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad