GDT: Game 6: New Jersey Devils vs Montreal Canadiens: 10/24/23 7:15pm EST TSN2, RDS(HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
R0qeKts.jpg

ra25hiX.jpg

f2nMhrw.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure about the lineup tomorrow, I'd imagine Montembeault starts but wanted to include a little nod to Allen for his performance against Buffalo
The man redirected and halted puck traffic with a signature game -- in a manner that Montreal's construction workers would be proud.

Jake Allen notched 36 stops against Buffalo. If you include Saturday's game vs. the Caps, he's now posted 67 saves from the 70 shots he's faced in his last two outings.

Y5A7EjP.gif

Last edited:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Anyone want to see Newhook with Caufield. I was listening to NHL radio and they were talking about the speed with which Larkin and Debrincat play together. Made me think it would be interesting to see Newhook with Caufield. We would need a a big body to go along with them, but it might be an interesting duo to try for a game or two.

I would then try Suzuki with Slaf, just to give the kid a chance. I don't think it would necessarily spark Suzer, but who the hell knows.

Anderson - Newhook - Caufield
RHP - Suzuki - Slaf
Pearson - Money - Gally **this seems to actually work**
Pezz - Evans - Ylonen

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Anyone want to see Newhook with Caufield. I was listening to NHL radio and they were talking about the speed with which Larkin and Debrincat play together. Made me think it would be interesting to see Newhook with Caufield. We would need a a big body to go along with them, but it might be an interesting duo to try for a game or two.

I would then try Suzuki with Slaf, just to give the kid a chance. I don't think it would necessarily spark Suzer, but who the hell knows.

Anderson - Newhook - Caufield
RHP - Suzuki - Slaf
Pearson - Money - Gally **this seems to actually work**
Pezz - Evans - Ylonen
Suzuki is currently playing like someone who doesn't want to be there. He's disinterested most shift. Not the kind of player I would put with Slaf.

People need to stop putting Anderson in the top 6. He's totally useless in the dzone which cause all the lines he plays on getting stuck in their own ends. You don't want that when matched against other teams top 6.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm expecting Montembeault to start, but with Primeau staying behind in Montreal yesterday, I can't help but be curious if he will get the start seeing as he didn't travel.

Reactions: Tyson

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Suzuki is currently playing like someone who doesn't want to be there. He's disinterested most shift. Not the kind of player I would put with Slaf.

People need to stop putting Anderson in the top 6. He's totally useless in the dzone which cause all the lines he plays on getting stuck in their own ends. You don't want that when matched against other teams top 6.
There is no where else for him unless we move Pearson up. But I would be hesitant to break up that third line at this point. They are playing great right now. Alas, maybe we just leave things as is, and hope that Caufield and Suzuki find their mojo.

I Have His Mojo GIF - Austin Powers Dr Evil Mojo - Discover ...

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
There is no where else for him unless we move Pearson up. But I would be hesitant to break up that third line at this point. They are playing great right now. Alas, maybe we just leave things as is, and hope that Caufield and Suzuki find their mojo.

I Have His Mojo GIF - Austin Powers Dr Evil Mojo - Discover ...
Caufield is playing great, he's just playing alone on his line.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Definitely don't have a good feeling about tonight. Unless Habs goalies stand on their head, Habs don't win, even against terrible teams like Chicago, Wash and Sabres.

But, that's been the case since when Roy came about I believe.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Jersey has had terrible starts every night so far, and I don't think it'll change after being off since Friday.

3-0 Habs after 1 period, 6-3 Jack Hughes by end of game

If the Habs win though we are flooding the NHL board to bully HF Devils

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This is amazing especially since Habs was one of the worst teams for many years in FO
1698156690742.png

Habs also allowed only 2 goals at 5-on-5, also best team in the league.

But tonight, we face New Jersey with a 42.9% on the PP
So I think the math is simple here, we only have a shot if they stay out of the penalty box which is highly unlikely especially with the very young defense we will have tonight.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Big test for the kids . On back to back vs rested top team, there is nothing on paper that says this should not be a blowout .
Thus the test, I see the team confidence growing and in fact if you remove special teams , this team competed ,or dominated every game so far this year .

I thought after Dach injury they will crash and burn and so far they holding their own .
Hope they keep improving .
Winning is very benificial to the young players and ads value to the ones you want or hope to trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad