Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 | Monday in DEEEEETROIT @ 7pm | Bolts @ Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Probert Owns You

Sep 25, 2007
MI
Cautiously optimistic.

Emphasis on cautiously.

Survive the initial elimination game onslaught from Tampa, and I think the Wings can control the game and close out the series.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
the longer the game goes scoreless, the more I like the wings chances. first goal is going to be huge

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
the longer tampa goes without scoring in this game, the more I like the wings chances. first goal is going to be huge

lol.

So you're saying, if we can hold Tampa scoreless for a long time we've got a good shot? I like your thinking!

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
We have frustrated Bolts for 3 games now.

It seems to me Babcock's plan was to get a split in tampa and then win at home. It seems like Babcock has the series exactly where he wants it.
I also think the team is a bit more confident, just hope they do not get too cocky.

Ericsson has 4 points. The offensive Dman Zidlicky has none.
Glendening has 2 goals, Datsyuk 4/3, Sheahan 2.
Z 0, Tatar and Nyquist 1.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Nervous about this one, aside from about 10 minutes Mrazek has been stellar for 3 games straight so we might be due for a Mrazek stinker coming up here. Not to mention Stamkos and their PP could open the floodgates with one goal.

Obligatory mortalkombatfinishhim.gif

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The series is pretty much over. No need to play hard to close it out. Bolts will just roll over and play dead.

Right?

Or maybe we can come out and play our best game of the year just to make sure.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
giphy.gif

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
We have frustrated Bolts for 3 games now.

It seems to me Babcock's plan was to get a split in tampa and then win at home. It seems like Babcock has the series exactly where he wants it.
I also think the team is a bit more confident, just hope they do not get too cocky.

Ericsson has 4 points. The offensive Dman Zidlicky has none.
Glendening has 2 goals, Datsyuk 4/3, Sheahan 2.
Z 0, Tatar and Nyquist 1.

Ericsson and Quincey = 7 points in 10 games.

Kronwall and Zidlicky = 1 point in 10 games.

And Ericsson is tied for the team lead in points. Clearly, he has offensive skill but just hasn't broken out yet. :sarcasm:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Officially on the Wings bandwagon! Go Wings Go!

Also, where can I find player tees for the Wings? I'd love to buy a Nyquist or Jurco one if I can find one.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the key of course will be that first ten minutes

you know tampa will come out flying with all guns blazin'

if we can survive that first 10 minutes and settle in we can win this game

3-1 detroit

zetterberg
zetterberg
nyquist

i am predicting our capt. finishes this series off for us

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
the key of course will be that first ten minutes

you know tampa will come out flying with all guns blazin'

if we can survive that first 10 minutes and settle in we can win this game

3-1 detroit

zetterberg
zetterberg
nyquist

i am predicting our capt. finishes this series off for us

Thea came out flying in game 5 too. The shots were 8-1 at one point in the 1stbperiod. But we kept them to 1 shot in 2nd period for over 10 min.
We Are gaining confidence, they Are losing it.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Thea came out flying in game 5 too. The shots were 8-1 at one point in the 1stbperiod. But we kept them to 1 shot in 2nd period for over 10 min.
We Are gaining confidence, they Are losing it.

oh for sure and its also very predictable and too be expected

that first 10 minutes tomorrow will be the key to the whole game

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Ericsson and Quincey = 7 points in 10 games.

Kronwall and Zidlicky = 1 point in 10 games.

And Ericsson is tied for the team lead in points. Clearly, he has offensive skill but just hasn't broken out yet. :sarcasm:

Zidlicky has that turnover which led to a sh goal.

Ericsson also had 4 hits.

puttebe

Jun 13, 2011
Nervous about this one, aside from about 10 minutes Mrazek has been stellar for 3 games straight so we might be due for a Mrazek stinker coming up here. Not to mention Stamkos and their PP could open the floodgates with one goal.

I think that's a bit harch, he's been stellar for three games straight. He could have saved Johnsons first but the dude created a lot of space for himself and got really close to goal. It would require absolute world class saves plus luck to save the other two.

Not a confidence booster for sure, but he followed that up fairly decent

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
shop.nhl.com has some, not sure if they have Nyquist or Jurco ones, though.

Don't think they do. Saw some real odd ones on there though. Like Bertuzzi, Legwand. :laugh:

The official NHL shop doesn't have them. I have no idea how legit this site is but they have a Nyquist tee.

URL: http://www.gamedaydet.com/player_t_shirts/rbk_nyqust3404_red/

Thank you, gents!

Absolutely love these two players and many more on the Wings actually. You guys are going to have a nice changing of the guard with these guys I think. So fun to watch, and so good. :amazed:

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

Let's not forget, Mrazek has always been a big game goalie. So far the pattern is continuing. He's really elevated his game in the playoffs.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Get a few octopi on the ice and get the team all fired up and come out quick. Dont let Tampa score early and they should win. Tampa isnt a great road team

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Absolutely love these two players and many more on the Wings actually. You guys are going to have a nice changing of the guard with these guys I think. So fun to watch, and so good. :amazed:

It's been a long time coming, many of us thought we'd never get the youth influx that we have recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad