GDT: Game #6 | "Matrix" | Lightning @ Oilers | 20.10.14 | 7:30pm | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Stammer with a 4 point night. At least Oilers fans will be treated to a show. I hope they get blown out again. As long as they lose close games, nothing changes.

I'm gonna say 5-2 Bolts, and that's with Scrivens playing a very solid game.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Practice like you play

To me, this is a team that has fully given up on their coach. They don't individually mail it in, but they also don't practice hard, don't work as a unit, don't exhibit any cohesive system (that, even if it's not a very good one, absolutely exists).

Seems like the only ones who have bought into the coach's line are Schultz, Ference, Arco, Gordon, and Yak. Everybody else has been taking nights off, doing his own thing from time to time, and looking all out of synch with the rest of his teammates.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Oh god playing the swarm and leaving one of the top goal scorers in the NHL open in the slot.

Aaand who wants to bet Ference is matched up against him too.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
To me, this is a team that has fully given up on their coach. They don't individually mail it in, but they also don't practice hard, don't work as a unit, don't exhibit any cohesive system (that, even if it's not a very good one, absolutely exists).

Seems like the onl

Well we've been critisized by 3 different individuals that our practices are sluggish (Smid, Schultz and Tortz via Dubnyk), so it maybe by design(good or bad). Practice being not as intense that is.

ghostnights

Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton
Ference is a great captain. I really like how he is a real leader on the ice and always sticks up for team mates. I love that our captain is a player who on most nights is the strongest and most complete player on the ice.

:)

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
It's not confirmed that Drouin is playing tonight from what I know. Bobby Mac thinks he'll debut against Cowtown.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
zHqjjyb.gif

DareDoiler

Jan 29, 2010
I actually think we will win our first of the season, and everything will be alright according to the bosses.

This is what I don't want to see. We (sadly) need to just keep on losing until Katz's hand is forced to make some kind of change.

I can totally see that a single win will cause the same old diatribe of "You see. We are good enough to beat one of the best teams in the league! No meaningful changes required!"

Seems counter-intuitive as an Oilers fan, but I want the losing streak to continue.

8-2 TBL

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Jack Michaels‏@EdmontonJack·45 secs46 seconds ago
“@TBTimes_JSmith: Scary moment at skate with Killorn crashing into boards. Skated off ice w trainers now”....maybe Drouin plays after all.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I had a dream that all the management but Bob Nicholson, and he used his hockey Canada hook up to get us a proven gm, and a coaching staff complete with sutter (head), laviolette (offense systems) and Terry Murray (defence systems).

Was hard to wake up from that one.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Practice like you play

I don't think the Oilers have played sluggish at all so far this season and the old 1.5 periods of being hemmed in our zone because we're gassed hasn't really happened yet. That's one of the decent points for me. They just defensively sucked the fat one so far. A little improvement last game.

Also I'm not sure I'd expect a morning skate on game day to go at a high tempo.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Hope Stamkos can pot 5 goals and some lucky Tampian can be hooked up with Safeway Score and Win tonight!

Ergot

Pinko
Oct 4, 2014
GVA
Hard to see this game being the one in which the Oil break their losing streak. Hopefully we'll see another decent game from a defensive standpoint and not a blowout. 3-1 Lightning with Purcell getting the lone goal for.

Smart Dunsparce*

I'm s

At least I have Stamkos on one of my fantasy teams.

#OilersPositives
I'm so dumb... I fell into the Oilers hype train again and have Hall, Hopkins, Yakupov, Perron, Schultz and Scrivens in my pool. LOL.

Gambl0r83*

4-2 Oil. Eberle 1G 2A. Stamkos pointless, Hedman 1G 1A
Then lose 3 straight thereafter and focus on this one win until next win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad