Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 - Leafs @ Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonsofPuppies

Send in the clowns...
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
It goes without saying, but tomorrow will be a massive test. Can the Leafs end the Lightning’s 16 game win streak, following a loss? Or will they fold under the monumental pressure on their shoulders to close when given the chance and avoid the dreaded game 7?

While I dislike Keefe (and the things he says) quite a bit, he is absolutely right about the resolve and eventual victory in game 5 meaning nothing if they still find a way to lose this series.

The core is was excellent last game, but I believe that Matthews and Marner still have another gear they need to get to, though it was nice to finally see Auston using his body to be physical for a change. PP needs to get going too. Should be interesting. I have no expectations, but would be happy to be proven wrong for once.

Reactions: ShaneFalco

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The Leafs can't start the same way, that goes without saying. Campbell needs to make that big save early. Matthews and Marner need to outplay whatever matchup they go on.

I said it in the PGT, but I would sit Kase for Simmonds or Clifford I think. Kase brings PK and a little more speed/skill, but he hasn't really done much so far. Fairly invisible. I think Simmonds/Clifford can give you a little more 5 on 5 in terms of intangibles. Could be a mistake though since TB has been feasting on the PP and those players give you a lot more PK chances.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
It’s the Leafs so you never know but after last night I believe that was the moment they finally got it! They faced huge adversity. You follow up a game so bad the next game with that kind of period! Then all the big guys that have been taking some heat stepped up in the moment. Tavares, Nylander, Matthews & Marner. The core 4 got their heads out of their … I believe they will finish this in 6.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It’s the Leafs so you never know but after last night I believe that was the moment they finally got it! They faced huge adversity. You follow up a game so bad the next game with that kind of period! Then all the big guys that have been taking some heat stepped up in the moment. Tavares, Nylander, Matthews & Marner. The core 4 got their heads out of their … I believe they will finish this in 6.

They had a huge comeback against the Blue Jackets a few years back as well. I think it was game 4 or 5? They were down 3-0 if I recall correctly. We know what happened.

It could be different this time around. But this Leafs curse knows no bound.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
They had a huge comeback against the Blue Jackets a few years back as well. I think it was game 4 or 5? They were down 3-0 if I recall correctly. We know what happened.

It could be different this time around. But this Leafs curse knows no bound.
You’re right till they get it done it means nothing. For the cores sake and their future together they need to get it done tomorrow or if needed Saturday.

Reactions: cheechonaleash

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
This team is entering game 6 with confidence and riding a high. I think we need to close it out on Thursday.

Back to back champs need to eventually lose to someone, and their 16-0 after a loss has to end at some point. The script can’t be written any better.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If this series has proven anything, it's that momentum from game to game has been virtually non existent.

I fully expect Tampa Bay to come out strong and win the game. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: NiftyMits

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If this series has proven anything, it's that momentum from game to game has been virtually non existent.

I fully expect Tampa Bay to come out strong and win the game. I hope I am wrong.

Game 5 was the first time a team that opened the scoring didn't win. It was also the first exchange of leads from one team to another.

Every series and game needs it's first and every team ends a streak at some point. That's my copium.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Positive thoughts only.

There is no way the Leafs start as bad as they did last time in Tampa.

Reactions: Havoc

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Vasi is 16-0 after a playoff loss.

If we win it'll be a surprise by all accounts.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd be all for the drama of a Game 7 on a Saturday night if not for the investment in a certain team. Tampa shouldn't be lacking for motivation with their backs now firmly against the wall, and the Leafs will be right there with them if they can't manage a victory tomorrow night. Two chances - if needed - to make this right. Here we go!

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Time to put them away. Take advantage of your opponents weakness. Tampa has played a lot of games winning back to back, they are fading and we should be peaking. Vas is all too human and playing very average. Keep attacking like we did in the 2nd period of Game 5 and Leafs should emerge with a 1st round win. Don’t let up. Play like you are always down 2 goals.

Reactions: Jojalu and Havoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad