Pre-Game Talk: Game 6; Habs Vs. Bruins May 12, 2010 (plz win or I cry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzotik*

Montreal wins 4-3.

Pacioretty (2), Gallagher, Briere

Bergeron, Iginla, Krejci

Fights: Thornton vs Moen :naughty:

If i'm spot on on my predictions i'm creating a psychic 1-800 hotline.

Last edited by a moderator:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
If we win the special teams battle -- we will most likely win.

Pacioretty -- didn't realize what a career-defining moment this is gonna be for him despite it being his first playoffs. I remember the monkey off the back game. This has to happen

What is Vanek's deal? How is he THIS bad all of a sudden?

Otherwise, I think we'll be fine. Subban and Price will make everything possible, but the rest of the team has to follow.

MT should honestly be fired if we don't win this series. We had this. Twice. His piss poor coaching (or lack thereof) to date has led to this. He just leans on his players, but doesn't help them.

Still, I expect a win. Hopefully on Wednesday we hear "Everything is happening in Massachusetts".

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Do we live and die with who played Game 5 or change things up?

If Briere isn't good enough to play Game 6 when this is what he was brought in for then buy him out in the off season

Prust is damaged goods, can barely even clear the puck on the PK

Pacs + DD have got nothing going and it's pretty easy to defend when the world knows DD won't shoot and won't pass to anyone but his BFF

Murray makes Brad Marsh look like the Road Runner and we're not going to win the physical battle so no point dressing him

Sorry just had to vent a little...

My Line Up

Pacioretty Briere Vanek
Bourque Eller Gionta
Bournival Plekanec Gallagher
Moen DD Weise

Subban Gorges
Emelin Markov
Beaulieu Weaver

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Pacioretty-Briere-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Vanek
Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Desharnais-Weise

Beauliue or Bouillon in for that Swedish pylon.

Nothing to lose.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Honestly, I believe we'll win. Subban scoring at the end of the game five game me irrational hope that they won't just give up.

It was very 2011 gm7 down a goal. That was pure awesome.

I also get hope from that, but the problem is not Subban. It was never Subban. He single handedly (I don't count Price in this cuz to me he's just out of this world and has been every game, as opposed to Rask who loses his **** constantly) lifts this team.

We all know where the problem lies. The question, the big question is what the response will be. Maybe that's why we love sports and particularly the Habs. The drama. People have given up, talking about golfing, series over, yada yada. It's just trying to protect yourself emotionally.

But if we win next game, I guarantee those same people will be back with gm7 winning predictions. All we need to see are 2-3 players elevate their game to a reasonable level.

I think Brière will play a big role.

dreamingofdrouin*

i wanna win really bad...but at the same time i realize...we're just in the 2nd year of bergy's tenure.....his rebuild is on going......and no matter what happens we'll always be ahead of boston:laugh:

but really....i think they got enough to force a 7th atleast....the way they came out in game 3...that will be pace....everything will be left out there....we'll just have to wait and see.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Prust better be out next game again. The guy is injured that is obvious. Murray needs to go. I expect Cube to be back in. I would sit Bournival for White too.

I expect the only changes will be Briere and Cube back in even though I would've loved to see Tinner in this series.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm still pissed off about Plekanec, Pacioretty and MT's Pejorative Slured decisions to dress Murray/Prust. We pissed away this series.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I give props to mt for taking the training wheels off Bournival this post season. He needed into do it with Tinordi as well. Riding vets like Bouillon and Murray will cost the series.
Some of his other adjustments such as playing Prust past night is still a head scratcher. How did Ryan White not warrant at least one game?
DD 19 playoff games, 5 points. This is why most of us were scratching our heads when Bergevin signed him to that ridiculous contract.
Pacioretty 13 playoff games, 4 points. He and DD are responsible for this upcoming series loss. When Boston realized that the DD line brought nothing they shifted their attention to the Eller line thus stopping them as well.
Why is it that a team like Boston can employ all of these young D and we can't even get a look at our young D? Beaulieu would do well given the chance. Habs have no transition game and Beaulieu would have helped.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna

Pacioretty Desharnais Vanek
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Bournival Briere Weise

Subban Gorges
Emelin Markov
Beaulieu Weaver

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
If we're going down at least go down with a fight! I expect a motivated Habs team tomorrow along with a rocking Bell Centre to give them a boost.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Prust better be out next game again. The guy is injured that is obvious. Murray needs to go. I expect Cube to be back in. I would sit Bournival for White too.

I expect the only changes will be Briere and Cube back in even though I would've loved to see Tinner in this series.

Heart and soul is all good but it's clear that Prust isn't healthy enough to be effective. If MT wants a physical presence then why not play White? I'm hoping to see Prust out and Briere in. Elimination game on home ice, he'll be ready to go clutch!

Having a guy like Briere in the lineup will also create some more speed which should be what we focus on since we're not going to beat the bruins by trying to play in the physical department,

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
If we win the special teams battle -- we will most likely win.

Pacioretty -- didn't realize what a career-defining moment this is gonna be for him despite it being his first playoffs. I remember the monkey off the back game. This has to happen

What is Vanek's deal? How is he THIS bad all of a sudden?

Otherwise, I think we'll be fine. Subban and Price will make everything possible, but the rest of the team has to follow.

MT should honestly be fired if we don't win this series. We had this. Twice. His piss poor coaching (or lack thereof) to date has led to this. He just leans on his players, but doesn't help them.

Still, I expect a win. Hopefully on Wednesday we hear "Everything is happening in Massachusetts".

Yes ...Therrien should be fired for not beating the best team in the league ..give your head a shake!

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Yes ...Therrien should be fired for not beating the best team in the league ..give your head a shake!

That's not why it's because HE'S TERRIBLE. I literally felt bad for leafs fans when they extended Carlyle because i relate that to how i would feel about Therrien

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
That's not why it's because HE'S TERRIBLE. I literally felt bad for leafs fans when they extended Carlyle because i relate that to how i would feel about Therrien

If Habs extend series to game 7 and lose, do you still fire him?

If Habs beat Bostn in 7, do you fire him?

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Pretty much the team started performing poorly the minute therrien started coaching

Of course ...I mean when team does well, Therrien gets no credit ..the players are just doing it themselves.

When the players are playing like ****, it's all Therrien's fault ...

LOL

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Of course ...I mean when team does well, Therrien gets no credit ..the players are just doing it themselves.

When the players are playing like ****, it's all Therrien's fault ...

LOL

Don't worry bill Lindsay and Douglas Murray will be on the ice for a crucial game 6 face off in overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad