GDT: GAME 6 ECQF | RANGERS vs. PENGUINS | Fri, May 13th 7:00PM EST | “Win. For Sid.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Got notes below, but...I don’t want to see the era end this way. With another Crosby concussion from another no name loser. If this is their last run, it should be together, going out in a blaze of glory. Make it happen.

1652412892661.jpeg

1652409059888.png

Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Heinen - Rodrigues - Kapanen
Zucker - Carter - McGinn
Boyle - Blueger - DOC/Zohorna

Matheson - Letang
Pettersson - Marino
Friedman - Ruhwedel

Domingue - D'Orio

1652409274323.jpeg

Kreider - Zibanejab - Vatrano

Panarin - Strome - Copp
Lafrenier - Chytil - Kakko
Hunt - Rooney - Reaves

Miller - Trouba
Braun - Fox
Nemeth - Schneider

Lazarus - Georgiev

Look, there’s no getting around what happened in game 5. We were in total control, playing our best playoff hockey in probably 6 years to my eye. We were going to win the series. Then a low rent nobody who will never be remembered by anyone associated with this game of hockey, spurred on by a low rent coach will never be remembered by anyone in this game of hockey except as the guy who bag skates his players, eggs them on to violent cheap shots disguised as hard hockey, and smiles weirdly at odd times like Chucky the doll, takes out a top 5 player in NHL history. We sagged a little, guys lost their cool, we made some bad coaching decisions, and we were on our heels. Then the league showed the world just how few f***s they give about their living legend. It’s not fair.

So what. Time to go out there and just win. This is nothing new. We know how this league is. It’s time to take care of business and relegate this garage league franchise to the golf course for the 28th year in a row.

1652414390332.jpeg

Live look at Parros and the boys analyzing the latest headshot.

My keys to the game:
  1. Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang. It’s time for the big Russian and the core’s third pillar in Letang to shine one more time and pick us up in Crosby’s absence. It’s a team effort, but we need Geno to stay out the box and lead on every shift. We need Letang to drive the offense and defend smartly. The captain is out but I believe in this core and they believe in each other.
  2. The goalie. Guys, make the save. We can’t have a collapse, Domingue or Jarry. The Rangers are going to push and we can’t keep them out of the zone all the time. We need some steals without Crosby.
  3. Shelter the guys who are getting killed in the series. Putting Carter out after Crosby went out was a critical mistake and he has been getting killed all series. The ship has sailed. He’s tired. Stop putting him in position to fail.
  4. Team defense. This needs to be an all out effort. I want no part of game 7 in New York with the refs as bad as they’ve been. No cheating. No fly bys.
The Rangers aren’t a good team. We dominate when we manage the puck. What happened last game was not justice. I’m tired of seeing goonery rewarded. Let’s turn the lights out on this clown show of a team and league.

Oh, in case you’re wondering about the quote in the thread title, Geno said it today.

1652409725832.gif

Last edited:

Genetic

Oct 21, 2009
My heart is going to be racing the entire game. Can't wait... :rolleyes:

We NEED to win this at home. I admit I'd be a bit scared if we have to go back to NY.

Reactions: RSPens

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
It's Friday the 13th.
cBSkz8n.gif

Either Sid comes back from the dead and eliminates these bums.
tumblr_oq7zz4khhU1vrq0m3o1_500.gif

Or perhaps Zucker will be the hero as Jason makes sure this isn't taken back to Manhattan.
PwvIzWE.gif

Wish I still had the time to do themed GDTs like the F13th one I did years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad