GDT: Game 6: Detroit Red Wings vs. devils | 10/25/2022 | 7 PM ET (BSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (3).png

Ned is expected to start.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Please edit the date from 10/17 to 10/25.

And I'll throw some good vibes out there and say Raymond gets on track with multiple points against New Jersey.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Please edit the date from 10/17 to 10/25.

And I'll throw some good vibes out there and say Raymond gets on track with multiple points against New Jersey.
I would hope he gets untracked, squeezing the stick too tight and hasn't been shooting enough. Seider hopefully will also get a multi point game.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Undefeated*, baby!

*In regulation. Only applicable in the continental United States. Not redeemable with other coupons. May cause nausea and dry mouth. Not intended as legal advice.
People should not take Undefeated if they are allergic to any of its ingredients. Void where prohibited. Prices may vary.

Reactions: Fowler524 and Bench

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's interesting, that Devils are NHL Top team in expected goals distribution, but that is not transferring to wins anyhow.

Like that last game against us, they "dominated", but Wings did score the goals. Same happened yesterday at vs. Washington.

NJD vs. WSH
41 - 22 (shots)
4.73 - 2.04 (Natural stat trick xGoals)
4.87 - 2.08 (Moneypuck xGoals)
Actual score 3-6

Earlier game:
NJD vs. DET
39 - 22 (shots)
4.36 - 2.03 (Natural stat trick xGoals)
4.56 - 1.65 (Moneypuck xGoals)
Actual score: 2-5

They score less goals than they should and their goalies will give more goals than they should. Problem in both ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
And they had over 40 shots . This game not going to be easy.
But they also gave up 6 goals on just 22 shots...
Their goaltending has been pretty bad.
Blackwood has a SV% of .871 and he's their best option, Vanecek has been even worse.

Reactions: lilidk

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'm sure there is an analyst out there who has already compiled the numbers and I just don't know where, but I would love to see the historical trend of how teams perform in game 2 of a back to back in relation to the average age of their roster.

I would expect to see that younger teams fare a little better just based on their bodies being able to bounce back a little quicker. Maybe we see a Devils team that has a little more in the tank. They are the 4th youngest team in the league.

I also found out that Detroit is the 3rd youngest team in the league at 26.4 years. Two years ago we were the 3rd oldest at 29.3. My how things have changed.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
People should not take Undefeated if they are allergic to any of its ingredients. Void where prohibited. Prices may vary.
Side effects include impotence, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness, inappropriate happiness, and bulging eyes. See your doctor if any symptoms are severe or persist

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
View attachment 598577

Our SF/G and SA/G doesnt look so hot - but theirs looks pretty strong.

And yet we're scoring over a goal a game more and giving up a goal a game less.

Hockey advanced stats tell you lies. With shots, it really is the quality over the quantity. How many times did the 2000s Wings have like 50 shots and they scored A goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad