Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Caps @ Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
By the grace of God, on behalf of Russian NHL and Washington Capitals fans, I express my deepest gratitude for the amazing opportunity to watch this game before midnight.

Just win.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
It's time to right some wrongs and send the Flyers to next year country.

I am busy on Sunday mornings so I look forward to hearing the happy news around noon or so. :)

Flip the switch. Win. Let's go Caps!!!

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Michal Neuvirth has been unexpectedly released from the Flyers’ bench, and he’s back in town for revenge on the team that gave up on him and the goalie who made him expendable. When Braden Holtby finds that team he’s fought for won’t provide him any goal support (except own goals), it’s up to Holtby alone to face down Neuvirth and his gang of thugs at…

HIGH NOON!

g4veB8H.png

The Flying Finn

Nov 9, 2009
Finland
crash the net, park your ass in front of hello kitty. Don't let him get only these easy shots and justin williams don't take penalties.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
This has been a different type of team all year. Time to prove it wasn't a fluke. Williams will make a difference in a positive way, Ovie and backstrom will put points on the board. We will be talking Penguins in 12 hours time!

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Thankfully we have guys like Williams and Richards. Otherwise it'd be full-scale panic again.

Not that nervous really. Keep playing like they did the last time and the Flyers are eventually going to run out of luck.

Sep 19, 2008
What I didn't want was another game in Philly. Should they have taken care of business? Yes. Should they have won on Friday? Yes. How long can this Neuvirth play continue?

The guy's faced a lot of shots over his career in Buffalo. He's a stone wall and he was always a solid goalie. In fact before he got hurt he was playing pretty well. So suffice it to say the Caps probably won't put up 6 on him like they did with Mason. The change to Neuvirth was a huge momentum shift in the series.

That being said this series still has two games to go. However Game 6 is in that infamous city known as Philly where the officiating is questionable and the fans are as classless as can be. That's why I didn't want this series going back there. Also remember. Both times in Philly the Flyers scored first, to date. So my fear is that they score within the first period and then sit back and trap for the remainder of the game.

We cannot let that happen. We have to have traffic in front of the net and we have to keep up the pressure. But we have to also realize that it's not going to be easy anymore. Games 2 and 3 were a cakewalk. Game 4 and 5 and 1 are more indicative of this series. A gritty series where both teams detest each other and have played neck and neck.

You gotta take the early lead tonight. You can't let them score first. Score early, then hold on.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Predicting around 11 we'll be hearing reports that Neuvirth is out with a severe hangnail and Mason is back in net. 4-1 Caps

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Got a big exam on Tuesday, if they don't play a good first 30 minutes i'll be forced to go study. So in other words... Play a solid 60 minutes so I can procrastinate more.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hopefully their players drank more and were out later last night, having home advantage and all.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
What I didn't want was another game in Philly. Should they have taken care of business? Yes. Should they have won on Friday? Yes. How long can this Neuvirth play continue?

The guy's faced a lot of shots over his career in Buffalo. He's a stone wall and he was always a solid goalie. In fact before he got hurt he was playing pretty well. So suffice it to say the Caps probably won't put up 6 on him like they did with Mason. The change to Neuvirth was a huge momentum shift in the series.

That being said this series still has two games to go. However Game 6 is in that infamous city known as Philly where the officiating is questionable and the fans are as classless as can be. That's why I didn't want this series going back there. Also remember. Both times in Philly the Flyers scored first, to date. So my fear is that they score within the first period and then sit back and trap for the remainder of the game.

We cannot let that happen. We have to have traffic in front of the net and we have to keep up the pressure. But we have to also realize that it's not going to be easy anymore. Games 2 and 3 were a cakewalk. Game 4 and 5 and 1 are more indicative of this series. A gritty series where both teams detest each other and have played neck and neck.

You gotta take the early lead tonight. You can't let them score first. Score early, then hold on.

I can't help but read every post you make, like the Doc himself.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hold on Holts

brbHyBZ.gif

I think the series has evolved to him vs Neuvy to decide the series.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I've been away from the hockey world for the last two games. What's the story? Halak'd 2.0?

Any injuries?

Any news on Orpik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad