Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Bruins @ Leafs Thursday @8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I don't know. I am torn.

On one hand, I want the Leafs to win the cup. But I also know if they somehow do come back/limp to round 2 like last year and not even make it to the dance....."Run it back" will probably happen again. Do we think this mix of guys, coaches, management is the answer? After the 8 years of shambolic losing?

So... Cup appearance or bust with this group?
If winning a single round changes the longterm plan then the people in charge of said plan aren't capable of successfully executing a longterm plan anyway.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
It they manage to force game 7 I hope the fair and unbiased Sportsnet production team gives these two the same amount of screen time as usual at the end of the game.
Weird, what are they doing cheering at a sports event? That's not allowed here.

Any chance the league could schedule the same refs as last night for the rest of the series?
Loved how they didn't cave to the B's theatrics.
Wes the Fixer is waiting.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Weird, what are they doing cheering at a sports event? That's not allowed here.

Wes the Fixer is waiting.

Just want to see their sad faces on my TV too. Guess we're only allowed to see their joy?

People who have season tickets to show up and cheer on the opposition are anti-fans. Oh and #$@% them!

Reactions: Jmo89

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Nylander has been tough to watch to be honest. Obviously once the puck is on his stick he’s great, but watching him without the puck hurts my head. He doesn’t even look like he wants to be out there.
Where do you get that vibe ? He's out there throwing hits for God sakes telling guys off on the bench knowing he's wired up I don't see how you drew that conclusion but it's yours to draw

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
The downside to the Leafs winning this series in the manner they will is that it may save Keefe's job no matter what happens in the second round.
This is a very un-Evilhomer-like post and I am very concerned if you are alright.

Add to it that I’m finding myself agreeing with you, and now I’m wondering if I’m alright too…. :)

Sorry, but I feel this game is lost by Keefe and his inability to make last line changes that benefit us.

We aren’t winning scoring less than 2 goals every game and a PowerPlay that delivers no goals.

I don’t think any of that gets sorted out on Thursday.

Would love to be wrong, but at this point wins feel like short wins but long term losses because things that need fixing don’t get done, starting with firing Keefe.

Such a crappy feeling :(

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
1000009052.jpg

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The downside to the Leafs winning this series in the manner they will is that it may save Keefe's job no matter what happens in the second round.
I disagree. Minimum Final Four or he and Shanny are taking a holiday until they find their next gig.

Reactions: wingman75

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Just want to see their sad faces on my TV too. Guess we're only allowed to see their joy?

People who have season tickets to show up and cheer on the opposition are anti-fans. Oh and #$@% them!
That guy also owns like bunch of season seats (not just the ones he uses for himself ) and is a degen scalper.

Reactions: Marshy

Mar 26, 2010
I really hope Matthews plays.

But at the end of the day, we are going to need another incredible performance by Woll to take this to game 7.
It will come down to Woll. Hopefully he is dialed in.

Also going to take a full effort from the team regardless if 34 is in the line up or not.

Reactions: Brown Dog

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
2-6 since beginning of last year at home in playoffs, and even worse record going further back. not super confident about next game with keefe behind the bench and special teams being so piss poor. but at least i get to watch another game.

hopefully we can pull it out.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Boston sounds pissed after last game. I think we bout to lose in 6

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
2-6 since beginning of last year at home in playoffs, and even worse record going further back. not super confident about next game with keefe behind the bench and special teams being so piss poor. but at least i get to watch another game.

hopefully we can pull it out.

It's 1-7 lol. 1-8 if you want to include game 7 2022.

Just sad.

Reactions: ToneDog

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
8pm puck drops = awesome when you're watching from home

8pm puck drops = BRUTAL when you're going to the game.

Thought I was done with that building for another year.
I agree completely. After going to the Jets game last night for an 830 local start (puck drop really closer to 9), it's f***ing brutal. By the time you get outta there and get home it's after 12. And that's without OT.

People will watch on TV almost regardless of when a game is. They gotta do better for the ticket buying customers

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This is a very un-Evilhomer-like post and I am very concerned if you are alright.

Add to it that I’m finding myself agreeing with you, and now I’m wondering if I’m alright too…. :)

Sorry, but I feel this game is lost by Keefe and his inability to make last line changes that benefit us.

We aren’t winning scoring less than 2 goals every game and a PowerPlay that delivers no goals.

I don’t think any of that gets sorted out on Thursday.

Would love to be wrong, but at this point wins feel like short wins but long term losses because things that need fixing don’t get done, starting with firing Keefe.

Such a crappy feeling :(
I get that everyone likes to take the piss out of me, and I have no problem with that. Having said that, if people read a bit deeper they would see that my opinion of this series really has much more to do with Boston than it does with the Leafs. I've said repeatedly that I think the Leafs would have a heck of time getting past the Hurricanes or the Rangers, and I still think that is the case. Can they get past Florida? I previously thought they could, and it's interesting to see that Bob's save percentage was under .900 against Tampa, but I can readily admit that Florida will not be an easy series.

But this is about Boston. I don't think this iteration of the Bruins can win anything, including this series. I would say the same if they had taken a 3-0 series lead. The Leafs gave Boston games 1 and 4. Silver platter stuff. That won't happen again, which means Boston will actually need to perform. Last night was a good example of their inability to do that. Their top player, who 99% of the people here praise as being so much better than Matthews, Marner, Nylander, etc., is a playoff dud unless he can get a free look on the power play. Their coach is, if you can believe it, worse than Keefe because he thinks he is smarter than everyone else. If he's pissed now, I'm sure he'll be thrilled when he is coaching Ottawa next season. Their offense has degraded to the point of having to rely on DeBrusk and Frederic. As with most of the season, they have been largely saved by their goaltending. That approach has a way of backfiring the longer a series goes, as I think will happen here.

Anyway, diatribe over. As to the original point of what happens to Keefe, I do have a feeling that he will be spared after they win this series (assuming they don't beat Florida in the second round, because if they do there is no way he is getting fired) because of the circumstances under which it will be won: star players out, goaltending change, and yet a big comeback from being down 3 games to 1).

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I get that everyone likes to take the piss out of me, and I have no problem with that. Having said that, if people read a bit deeper they would see that my opinion of this series really has much more to do with Boston than it does with the Leafs. I've said repeatedly that I think the Leafs would have a heck of time getting past the Hurricanes or the Rangers, and I still think that is the case. Can they get past Florida? I previously thought they could, and it's interesting to see that Bob's save percentage was under .900 against Tampa, but I can readily admit that Florida will not be an easy series.

But this is about Boston. I don't think this iteration of the Bruins can win anything, including this series. I would say the same if they had taken a 3-0 series lead. The Leafs gave Boston games 1 and 4. Silver platter stuff. That won't happen again, which means Boston will actually need to perform. Last night was a good example of their inability to do that. Their top player, who 99% of the people here praise as being so much better than Matthews, Marner, Nylander, etc., is a playoff dud unless he can get a free look on the power play. Their coach is, if you can believe it, worse than Keefe because he thinks he is smarter than everyone else. If he's pissed now, I'm sure he'll be thrilled when he is coaching Ottawa next season. Their offense has degraded to the point of having to rely on DeBrusk and Frederic. As with most of the season, they have been largely saved by their goaltending. That approach has a way of backfiring the longer a series goes, as I think will happen here.

Anyway, diatribe over. As to the original point of what happens to Keefe, I do have a feeling that he will be spared after they win this series (assuming they don't beat Florida in the second round, because if they do there is no way he is getting fired) because of the circumstances under which it will be won: star players out, goaltending change, and yet a big comeback from being down 3 games to 1).

You have no idea how much I hope you will be right.

Reactions: Jojalu

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I really hope they can bring that level of desperation for two more games. I want to really celebrate and enjoy that win but it’s just step 1 of 3.

Don’t let us down Leafs. Finish the job

Reactions: Al14 and PROUD PAPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad