Pre-Game Talk: Game 6: Bruins @ Leafs Thursday @8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
joseph-woll-1040x572.jpg

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Well... hardly anyone believes in them anymore, yet here we are. One more win away from us getting sucked in again.... They certainly earned an additional game this year, and Woll was fantastic. We still need the PP and scoring to come alive, and strangely, I think that's possible in game 6. Here's to hoping Matthews finds some health, and comes back to lead the team.

But why do I feel like this?

1714569051307.png

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I don't think Auston plays tomorrow BUT if he does, for the love of God Keefe don't change that Domi line.

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Domi-Marner
Holmberg-Tavares-Jarnkrok
Dewar-Kampf-Reaves
I think this more about not having JT with Nylander and also JT as 3rd line rather than keeping that Domi line together.

Matthews on that Domi line was way more dominant and also won us game 2. Ever since Matty got sick/hurt it wasnt as good.

That Domi line yesterday got 1 goal off a faceoff…..like that is hardly domination.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think they'll play Ullmark.

There was an emergency re-call by the Bruins for Dipietro. I think the plan is to rest Swayman and Monty goes back to rotating goalies
That emergency recall certainly is interesting. It would make sense for them to play Ullmark in game 6. Swayman has rarely, if ever, played 4 games in a row.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
I think this more about not having JT with Nylander and also JT as 3rd line rather than keeping that Domi line together.

Matthews on that Domi line was way more dominant and also won us game 2. Ever since Matty got sick/hurt it wasnt as good.

That Domi line yesterday got 1 goal off a faceoff…..like that is hardly domination.
Yes, goals are what matter most. But that line was rarely ever in the Dzone. Constantly hemming the bruins in and creating chances.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Yes, goals are what matter most. But that line was rarely ever in the Dzone. Constantly hemming the bruins in and creating chances.
Yeah we only scored 2 goals last night which will not be enough. Again, I dont mind those lines since I think JT needs to be on the third line and I would swap holmberg for robertson. We need goals badly.

We need 34 playing badly.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Game six, we see game 2 Auston Matthews.

Let’s Go.
I'm no doctor, but watching his very short skate yesterday morning didn't look like a guy who simply needs 1 or 2 extra days of rest before he's back in the lineup.

He looks beat up. I wonder if it's his back issue flaring up again.

Reactions: ruaware41

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I don't know. I am torn.

On one hand, I want the Leafs to win the cup. But I also know if they somehow do come back/limp to round 2 like last year and not even make it to the dance....."Run it back" will probably happen again. Do we think this mix of guys, coaches, management is the answer? After the 8 years of shambolic losing?

So... Cup appearance or bust with this group?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't know. I am torn.

On one hand, I want the Leafs to win the cup. But I also know if they somehow do come back/limp to round 2 like last year and not even make it to the dance....."Run it back" will probably happen again. Do we think this mix of guys, coaches, management is the answer? After the 8 years of shambolic losing?

So... Cup appearance or bust with this group?

Just imagine if Boston blows this. How painful that is to blow 3-1 leads in back-to-back years. Yikes!

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think they'll play Ullmark.

There was an emergency re-call by the Bruins for Dipietro. I think the plan is to rest Swayman and Monty goes back to rotating goalies
If that's what they wish to do!

We've still yet to score as many goals in any one game as we did in Game 2 (which is meant as an endorsement of Swayman and not at all as a knock on Ullmark).

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I guess the upside is that despite the stars still not scoring, the power play still awful, Matthews missing a game, Nylander missing 3, Marner mostly invisible (though getting better) and Sammy ranging from decent to bad, a backup with very little NHL experience and with all that history of failure behind them they still managed to get this series to 6 games.

No way I'm believing anything until it actually happens. We've been down this "maybe this time ..." road too many times only to almost immediately look like fools. Like after game 2 for example.

So even if it means losing in 7 in yet another heartbreaker, why not just win Thursday and at the very least make Beantown very, very nervous about back-to-back 3-1 series collapses? I mean judging by the headlines in Boston they're already getting anxious down there.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Im not even looking at game 6 like an actual game

Leafs will win this game

I need to see how they win.

Game 7 is happening 100%. If leafs play a strong game where they dominate play like most of game 5 Ill be excited and confident for Game 7

If we dick out a flukey win with bruins out playing us with that shitstain of a team than I expect to lose game 7

Reactions: Bellzy

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
I'm no doctor, but watching his very short skate yesterday morning didn't look like a guy who simply needs 1 or 2 extra days of rest before he's back in the lineup.

He looks beat up. I wonder if it's his back issue flaring up again.
He's injured 100%. Dreger was saying on FirstUp that there was a faceoff play in Game 3 where it looked like he hurt his groin but I can't find the video of it anywhere.

There was also a clip of Auston saying to a trainer in Game 4 "I can't f'n skate"

Reactions: KMNRB and SprDaVE

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
If Keefe wasn't afraid to demote Marner I think the best lines if Matthews is back are this:

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Domi
Knies-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Holmberg-Marner
Jarnkrok-Kampf-Reaves/Dewar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad