GDT: Game 59: Toronto (36-15-8) at Seattle (32-20-6)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah. That is what I am thinking as well.

We have Gavrikov, Chychrun and Boeser if moved are likely to get 1sts. I don't think Karlsson gets moved this TDL. Henrique at 50% would return a 1st as well.

I don't see Gavi or Boeser landing 1sts at this point. The only remaining clubs I'd expect to use their 1sts are Edmonton and Colorado. I'm not sure how Arizona expects to get their return with so few left.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I don't see Gavi or Boeser landing 1sts at this point. The only remaining clubs I'd expect to use their 1sts are Edmonton and Colorado. I'm not sure how Arizona expects to get their return with so few left.
Reason why I can see that happen for Gavrikov or Boeser is the physical elements in their games. GM's always go nuts about this at the TDL. Of the two teams you mentioned, Oilers would definitely be one that would spend for a D-man. Avs have no need for Chychrun. Why Edmonton does not want to pay for Chychrun really baffles me.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Reason why I can see that happen for Gavrikov or Boeser is the physical elements in their games. GM's always go nuts about this at the TDL. Of the two teams you mentioned, Oilers would definitely be one that would spend for a D-man. Avs have no need for Chychrun. Why Edmonton does not want to pay for Chychrun really baffles me.

The FO was initially interested but they asked their star forwards about it about a month ago and they said they wanted puckmoving D upgrades, not as much shutdown or shooters. Get me the puck faster. Gavi is a shutdown type. Chychrun is a great shooter with a good shutdown game. Both are just average at puckmoving / transition. They might sooner add Gostisbehere if you can believe that.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The FO was initially interested but they asked their star forwards about it about a month ago and they said they wanted puckmoving D upgrades, not as much shutdown or shooters. Get me the puck faster. Gavi is a shutdown type. Chychrun is a great shooter with a good shutdown game. Both are just average at puckmoving / transition. They might sooner add Gostisbehere if you can believe that.
Kind of makes sense if they go with Ghost because they were after Karlsson for a while. I do think the market for Chychrun is getting smaller but there takes only one to change that .. :)

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Some returns have looked high to me too, but there have already been a historically high number of 1sts traded and there aren't many left, and there are still a lot of good players remaining that teams are trying to sell. Everything points towards a buyers market as the deadline approaches, the price for the team acquiring Chychrun might end up being pretty good.

I don't think Chychrun will be available for much less than what Armstrong wanted in the first place.
If they can't move him now they can do so in the summer at the draft when they know which exact picks they might get.

Though, maybe Francis would look at that during that time.
The problem I do see with Chychrun is that we already have somewhat of a similar player in Vince Dunn and he needs to be re-signed.
Both are more offensive minded guys that have actually played better defensively(this season) than they're getting credit for.

Yeah. That is what I am thinking as well.

We have Gavrikov, Chychrun and Boeser if moved are likely to get 1sts. I don't think Karlsson gets moved this TDL. Henrique at 50% would return a 1st as well.

There's also Klingberg and Ghostisbehere, if anyone wants a puck moving/offensive minded defenseman.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
One of you people is going to actually know something about what I'm about to say, which I don't know squat about so... Just pretend I'm right to feed my ego.

I think what we're seeing the Kraken do right now is what they call in statistics "Regression to the mean". We all sort of said this when things were going really well. That we're going to see them shit the bed pretty hard at some point to bring things to where they should be. Ultimately, I think that's going to lead to a hell of a battle with Calgary late in the season.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
One of you people is going to actually know something about what I'm about to say, which I don't know squat about so... Just pretend I'm right to feed my ego.

I think what we're seeing the Kraken do right now is what they call in statistics "Regression to the mean". We all sort of said this when things were going really well. That we're going to see them shit the bed pretty hard at some point to bring things to where they should be. Ultimately, I think that's going to lead to a hell of a battle with Calgary late in the season.
Lol. Nah, regression to the mean is something that I have heard very often in hockey. Especially when shooting percentages are unsustainable .

Bura missing certainly hurts our scoring but the up and down defensive play is inexcusable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad