GDT: GAME 59: SENS @ HABS | Sens Stank! | Sat. Feb, 25, 2023, 7PM -- CBC, SNE, SNO, TVAS, NHLN, TSN690, 98.5 FM

Will the Habs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs closed out their 4-game road trip with a 5-2 win against Philly on Friday.

At least, it was supposed to be against Philly.

What they actually faced, looked more like this:

U4D0lKL.gif

It was such a cakewalk that even a rando picked off the waiver wire the day before, ended up scoring.

ZPTsVPC.jpg

Habs are now 5-2-0 in their last 7 games, a record that is more evocative of a team that is vying for a playoff spot.

The irony of it wasn't lost on Marty, when during the game he was all too aware of the fallout from his team performing so well.

E4TxsOV.jpg

The roster is decimated and no one really knows how all of these players can be out for so long and never be coming back as per projected timelines. When we don't have a timeline, then we get changing diagnostics that don't even make any sense. Makes you wonder what is really going on ...

K3WPcg1.png

Tierney's addition was not without its misgivings. This forum's own @417, made the following sobering observation:

"Wideman, Hoffman, Dadonov Tierney...ugh. This team has way too much Sens stank on them. Season can't end soon enough."

A pretty disturbing thought when you consider how much Habs fans have abhorred everything about that franchise over the years.

I mean, the one we have had in our midst the longest, has even tried to camouflage his Sens stank by growing Wolverine 'burns. Doesn't look like he fooled anyone, though ...

Mz8dFBe.jpg

This kind of stank will take more than a plunger to repel.

Qa2gLEa.gif

And so, we have had no choice but to purge it via exceptional means, by calling in a favor ...

jc96SR2.gif

And of course, since these are the Sens, we already know what to expect.

znUoGZc.jpg

LINEUPS:

IUWy4DI.png

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Senators will win. They show up for these games.

Montreal's D is better than expected, and is playing well. Goalies are playing well. Forwards are working hard even if they're not the most talented group. It works against pathetic teams like Philadelphia.

Not so much against high octane teams. Sens have lost 2 in a row; hopefully they'll want to stop that.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Ottawa is trash, so I'm nervous.

Best part is 2nd intermission.

Well, maybe not. All we'll hear is more talk about Gavirkov, Chychrun and Meier

Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Another classic GDT by Runner. The guy is better than all of the Habs "reporters" combined. I bet his post gets a ton more read than any drivel Stu Cowan produced at the Gazette...

I've given up on Habs. They will be lucky to draft top ten. And regardless... will be another useless pick or picks like last year. There. That's my dose of optimism for today.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Ottawa for some reason gets up for this rivalry.
Habs probably lose this one. I am OK with a loss if the youngsters perform well.

Another classic GDT by Runner. The guy is better than all of the Habs "reporters" combined. I bet his post gets a ton more read than any drivel Stu Cowan produced at the Gazette...

I've given up on Habs. They will be lucky to draft top ten. And regardless... will be another useless pick or picks like last year. There. That's my dose of optimism for today.
Habs will finish 7th and then win the lottery all the way to the 2nd pick

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

LOL. How do you know how this team will look in 2-3 years? You need to have a little bit of faith in the guys running the show before throwing in the towel man. I won't ever be accused of being Sbah here but I have seen plenty of positive things from the new guys. In looking at the way things are run now, we are leap years ahead of where we were under the last 10 years of Bergevin.

We have played this year with Guhle, Barron, Xhekaj, Harris and Kovacevic on defense and they have been much better than the doom forecast that most of us predicted for them. Even if we pick in the 7-12 range with our own pick and mid-first round with the Florida pick it's still not the end of the world. Montembeault has been a pleasant surprise as well and so has Harvey Pinard, we have a 30-40 goal player in Caufield and Roy,Farrell, Hutson, and Beck are not far away either. There are plenty of teams in the NHL that would love to be where we are and that's my positive rant for the day.:)

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
LOL. How do you know how this team will look in 2-3 years? You need to have a little bit of faith in the guys running the show before throwing in the towel man. I won't ever be accused of being Sbah here but I have seen plenty of positive things from the new guys. In looking at the way things are run now, we are leap years ahead of where we were under the last 10 years of Bergevin.

We have played this year with Guhle, Barron, Xhekaj, Harris and Kovacevic on defense and they have been much better than the doom forecast that most of us predicted for them. Even if we pick in the 7-12 range with our own pick and mid-first round with the Florida pick it's still not the end of the world. Montembeault has been a pleasant surprise as well and so has Harvey Pinard, we have a 30-40 goal player in Caufield and Roy,Farrell, Hutson, and Beck are not far away either. There are plenty of teams in the NHL that would love to be where we are and that's my positive rant for the day.:)
Aren't you a ray of sunshine. Fine, be that way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad