GDT: GAME 59 | Senators @ Flyers | Don't Panic Edition | Sat Mar 2nd 7PM, 2024 | SN1, TVAS2

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There’s no single shakeup that’s going to turn us into contenders. We need consistency in our play. Not run entirely on emotions etc. Jacques and staff working away at that but hopefully the next coaching staff can get it done to start next season.

Regular seasons are full of ups and downs. You will lose a couple in a row but the top teams find a way to quickly stop the bleeding and not go into prolonged slumps. That’s how you make the playoffs. Get in and build on the experience before worrying about being a contender
These guys are coach killers.. and that isn't a compliment to DJ.. he should have been replaced 2 years ago but just their effort level takes huge swings. No idea what it is or what the answer is... other than some obvious roster construction issues but that could take some time to straighten out. We need players that have more fight in them

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I just finished, I was hit from the bullshit embellished PS call. I wish players would get fined for that shit. Tongue out smiling when high giving the bench too.

And then a chorus of goal posts to finish the third.

At least we probably need the L more than the W.

This f***ing team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thought Tarasenko played well.

JBD had a solid game.

Sogaard was a good as we've got out of that position.

Team was a no show in the 1st again. Had a good 2nd and still managed to be down 2 at the end of it. Didn't get the bounces in the 3rd; too little too late
Agreed.

They are emotionally done from the looks of it. They know the season is done, they know they generally can't trust the goalies (though Sogaard was solid), and injuries are starting to pile up.

Tough team to watch right now

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Agreed.

They are emotionally done from the looks of it. They know the season is done, they know they generally can't trust the goalies (though Sogaard was solid), and injuries are starting to pile up.

Tough team to watch right now
If they are emotionally done., based on their own expectations and where they are and being told they have pay more attention to details and not just come and play pond hockey .. ok...I am not sympathetic or going to cut them slack on that. They are supposed to be pros and they have to suck it up and have some more mental toughness.. it's part of it... 82 games in this league is hard . Its what it is.. How many games is this now where they sleep walked to start the first..
I mean it has to be in them. They know. They just are not doing it.

Reactions: Alex1234

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
If they are emotionally done., based on their own expectations and where they are and being told they have pay more attention to details and not just come and play pond hockey .. ok...I am not sympathetic or going to cut them slack on that. They are supposed to be pros and they have to suck it up and have some more mental toughness.. it's part of it... 82 games in this league is hard . Its what it is.. How many games is this now where they sleep walked to start the first..
I mean it has to be in them. They know. They just are not doing it.
It doesn't help that the vast majority are already locked up long term to big contracts. What incentive is there to play hard all the time.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Game wasn't on my cable package, was going out so no possibility to record the game, and so that was the first game of the season that I missed. Sounds like maybe it was for the best?

Should trade Tara and Chych before even going on the West Coast trip.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Stutzle really needs to get his shit together if he wants to be a superstar in this league

12 freaking goals is with 0 PP goals is just embarrassing for someone of this caliber.

He's the biggest dissapointment this season by far.

Korpisalo is next and then Chychrun.

• Haha
Reactions: Race Dawg

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I thought Tarasenko played well.

JBD had a solid game.

Sogaard was a good as we've got out of that position.

Team was a no show in the 1st again. Had a good 2nd and still managed to be down 2 at the end of it. Didn't get the bounces in the 3rd; too little too late
Yes, can't blame the goaltending last night as Sogaard had a pretty good game. I guess some will blame the first goal on him although it was a double deflection. LOL.

Slow start in the 1st period which happens too often and they took a lot of penalties in that period which doesn't help.

They didn't capitalize on their PPs (even a 4 minute penalty), so they need to be more opportunistic. Chabot looked good last night & he was getting some good shots on net.

Senators really lack consistency. They don't bring their lunch pails to work and aren't focused and playing their defensive system effectively often enough.

Last edited:

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I don't agree with those saying they've given up. Yes the first period was bad. But they fought back.

Giroux even said in the before game interview: "we;ve never lost here, we don't intend to tonight." They wanted it.. they just couldn't execute. They looked great on the PP but couldn't bury it. They also fought back against Phoenix.. down 3-0 they battled back to tie it. That's not a team that's given up.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I don't agree with those saying they've given up. Yes the first period was bad. But they fought back.

Giroux even said in the before game interview: "we;ve never lost here, we don't intend to tonight." They wanted it.. they just couldn't execute. They looked great on the PP but couldn't bury it. They also fought back against Phoenix.. down 3-0 they battled back to tie it. That's not a team that's given up.
Yes, they fight back, but they don't start games on time. That makes things more difficult.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

I don't know if many would peg Korpisalo as a dissapointment. I don't think he had a very good track record before signing with Ottawa but somehow he was able to hold Dorion hostage and walk away with a big contract.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
It's just crazy you never know which team you're gonna get on any given night

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I don't know if many would peg Korpisalo as a dissapointment. I don't think he had a very good track record before signing with Ottawa but somehow he was able to hold Dorion hostage and walk away with a big contract.
Dorion seemed to get locked on to acquiring certain players for some reason. Duchene is an example. For whatever reasons, alternatives were not evaluated well enough. Of course, I don't know what went on his head or what happened behind the scenes.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I don't disagree but there was hope that he would stabilize the net and he had a good season last year. Wouldn't say my expectations were incredibly high but I was hoping for .905 or above goaltending. Didn't think that was unreasonable but it clearly was.

That's part of the reason why I would have him 2nd on the dissapointment list because he never had a track record of being a reliable goaltender. Under .890 is another level of bad though.

Reactions: Pierre from Orleans

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka

You're kidding me right? Lol. While Stutzle's been carrying donuts around on the PP his playmaker skills is second to none and obviously too hot for the Ottawa forwards to handle. Lol He's the most exciting player on the team with Sandy being a close second.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
The complaining is just something internal for the fans. We aren’t making the playoffs. The losses are a blessing. Brandt Clarke vs Tyler Boucher blessing.

Stop freaking out. We are done. And I was still believing after Vegas.

No big changes should be made. Just goalies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't disagree but there was hope that he would stabilize the net and he had a good season last year. Wouldn't say my expectations were incredibly high but I was hoping for .905 or above goaltending. Didn't think that was unreasonable but it clearly was.

That's part of the reason why I would have him 2nd on the dissapointment list because he never had a track record of being a reliable goaltender. Under .890 is another level of bad though.
What we're getting from Korpisalo this year is really not off brand for him. His numbers overall were not very good and he had seasons like this in Columbus. Last year looks to be the one that makes no sense.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'm kind of laughing at the idea we missed Tkachuk on the PP as if we had some great powerplay and tonight was a total disaster and not a typical night.

Stutzle needs to shoot more, he's having a down year shooting percentage wise but that's still competitive with Tkachuk's career high as an example. Shoot more. Score more. Even at the lower clip.

We didn't show up in the first which wasn't helped by the referees, our goalie bailed us out, we battled back. Jacques Martin and crew need to sell the shit out of this game to the team. "bad start, good recovery, bad puck luck with all the posts" and hope like hell Soogard can hold it together.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You're kidding me right? Lol. While Stutzle's been carrying donuts around on the PP his playmaker skills is second to none and obviously too hot for the Ottawa forwards to handle. Lol He's the most exciting player on the team with Sandy being a close second.
No, I don't think he is kidding. Stuetzle has clearly had a disappointing season. Given his age, I think it was reasonable to expect that he'd continue progressing from his 39 goal, 90 point season into something like a 45 goal 100 point season where he'd enter the conversation of being amongst the best players in the league. He hasn't stepped forward. He's not in those conversations. I dare say he might have some questions being asked about him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad