GDT: GAME 59 | Senators @ Flyers | Don't Panic Edition | Sat Mar 2nd 7PM, 2024 | SN1, TVAS2

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
No, I don't think he is kidding. Stuetzle has clearly had a disappointing season. Given his age, I think it was reasonable to expect that he'd continue progressing from his 39 goal, 90 point season into something like a 45 goal 100 point season where he'd enter the conversation of being amongst the best players in the league. He hasn't stepped forward. He's not in those conversations. I dare say he might have some questions being asked about him
I wholly disagree. You put him a top 5 contender and he's performing way above his mark today. He'd had little support cast on the Sens this year.
Given the current state of Ottawa there are very few players I'd want back next season TBH.
Stutzle - yes
Sanderson - yes
Pinto - yes
Zubb - yes

Brady - meh
Chabot - meh
Norris - meh

Reactions: LiseL

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
No, I don't think he is kidding. Stuetzle has clearly had a disappointing season. Given his age, I think it was reasonable to expect that he'd continue progressing from his 39 goal, 90 point season into something like a 45 goal 100 point season where he'd enter the conversation of being amongst the best players in the league. He hasn't stepped forward. He's not in those conversations. I dare say he might have some questions being asked about him

I’m betting that after the season we’re gonna find out that he injured himself (My guess is wrist/arm) like 10 games into the season and never fully recovered.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
I'm kind of laughing at the idea we missed Tkachuk on the PP as if we had some great powerplay and tonight was a total disaster and not a typical night.

Stutzle needs to shoot more, he's having a down year shooting percentage wise but that's still competitive with Tkachuk's career high as an example. Shoot more. Score more. Even at the lower clip.

We didn't show up in the first which wasn't helped by the referees, our goalie bailed us out, we battled back. Jacques Martin and crew need to sell the shit out of this game to the team. "bad start, good recovery, bad puck luck with all the posts" and hope like hell Soogard can hold it together.
Tkachuk is really the only good member on the PP right now(and Batherson). He does all the dirty work; he creates screens; he creates space and, extends plays through puck retrieval and board work. He generates a ton of offense that does not get reflected on the score sheet. Stutzle, as the most skilled guy, should be the wizard on the PP and he has massively disappointed.

I guarantee you that Stutzle would not be a Craig Berube type player.

I think Stutzle can grow; I wanted him and Sanderson in that 2020 draft. But as of now, he has a lot of growing to do.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
It's just crazy you never know which team you're gonna get on any given night
I'd guess a lot of people would feel that the Flyers are a team we should beat given that they were 3rd worse in the Conference last year with only 75 points (for reference Senators had 86 points). But, they are 3rd in the Metro this year. Their team save percentage this year is just .899 as well, so not sure how much good goaltending is driving their success. And interesting enough is that we lost to them even though we got pretty good goaltending last night. Tortorella has them playing well, the players have bought in and are implementing his systems. I guess what the Flyers have achieved this year is more along the lines of what we expected (hoped) for the Senators.

Reactions: BigRig4

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
That's what it looks like to me as well. Come out soft hoping the other team is willing to play an easy game.

Try hard for a bit when they get down a couple. Then pack it in when the going gets tough.

Big task for management to identify who to ship out and who to keep around.
Not only who, but how many?

Reactions: Dionysus

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd guess a lot of people would feel that the Flyers are a team we should beat given that they were 3rd worse in the Conference last year with only 75 points (for reference Senators had 86 points). But, they are 3rd in the Metro this year. Their team save percentage this year is just .899 as well, so not sure how much good goaltending is driving their success. And interesting enough is that we lost to them even though we got pretty good goaltending last night. Tortorella has them playing well, the players have bought in and are implementing his systems. I guess what the Flyers have achieved this year is more along the lines of what we expected (hoped) for the Senators.
Yup. We had Smith and Philly had Tortorella. Advantage Philly!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad