GDT: [Game #59] Dallas Stars @ Montreal Canadiens - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Seguin is lifting Allen's stick right where Klingberg shot the puck in, I could see them call it

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I'm sure a player has farted on a goalie and that would have been closer to goalie interference than this play.

Reactions: Elysian

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Klingberg played 29 minutes tonight

Ugh this is one of those painful wins. A 1st++ sounds so nice. Stars would still probably make the playoffs too with how garbage the competition is unless Vegas turns it around

Reactions: Sports2

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
1647571384032.png

Love when the xG matches the outcome.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Was going to post “nice loss by the Stars” after going down 3-2 only to check and see they came back to win it in OT.

Klingberg isn’t helping himself have another GM give Nill an offer he can’t refuse; consistently turning the puck over, passing to no one, almost gave a center line breakaway tonight (again), etc. etc. The risk to acquire him is probably more than the reward I think a lot of GMs are seeing.

Oh, but then he scores the game tying and game winning goal and ends up with a 3pt night so who and the hell knows; it’s driving me crazy.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Was going to post “nice loss by the Stars” after going down 3-2 only to check and see they came back to win it in OT.

Klingberg isn’t helping himself have another GM give Nill an offer he can’t refuse; consistently turning the puck over, passing to no one, almost gave a center line breakaway tonight (again), etc. etc. The risk to acquire him is probably more than the reward I think a lot of GMs are seeing.

Oh, but then he scores the game tying and game winning goal and ends up with a 3pt night so who and the hell knows; it’s driving me crazy.
That’s klingberg though . He usually has a few ups and downs during a game lol what I don’t like about him lately is he is clearly just saying f*** it and just shooting every opportunity he gets and not really passing the puck as much as he should .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Seguin is lifting Allen's stick right where Klingberg shot the puck in, I could see them call it
The only thing I could think of is they called it the follow through on a shot attempt and he is entitled to try to tip a puck in. Stars and Segs have gotten two favorable GI rulings recently which add to their point total. I haven't gone to the MTL board, but I bet both teams' fans are teed off at the officiating. I guess we can say it evened out in the end for Dallas.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That’s klingberg though . He usually has a few ups and downs during a game lol what I don’t like about him lately is he is clearly just saying f*** it and just shooting every opportunity he gets and not really passing the puck as much as he should .
Yes, really dog poo this year. Career average in points is 0.68PPG, this year it is so low at only 0.65PPG. I'm sure he has had many pointless (in the statistical sense, LOL) in the past as he does now. You would have to average over 1PPG to have a chance at points in all 82 games.

I agree there was a sequence last night where he looked like the only option he had was to shoot, and in the presser he noted he probably should have passed. In general, until last night I didn't have the sense that he was overshooting. His career shot attempts per season is 320 and this year it projects to be 375, so, yeah, he is shooting once more per game.

Our selective amnesia differs..............

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yes, really dog poo this year. Career average in points is 0.68PPG, this year it is so low at only 0.65PPG. I'm sure he has had many pointless (in the statistical sense, LOL) in the past as he does now. You would have to average over 1PPG to have a chance at points in all 82 games.

I agree there was a sequence last night where he looked like the only option he had was to shoot, and in the presser he noted he probably should have passed. In general, until last night I didn't have the sense that he was overshooting. His career shot attempts per season is 320 and this year it projects to be 375, so, yeah, he is shooting once more per game.

Our selective amnesia differs..............
It's why if you look at something like points per game played by a Stars d-man since Klingberg entered the league, Klingberg holds the top seven spots. Even this season where everyone is shitting on him (really a coping mechanism since we all know he's leaving), his 0.65 points per game this season is the fifth highest since he was a rookie.

Only one of Klingberg's seasons falls outside of the top of the list. That was 19-20 when he was trying to play through injury and not doing much for a long stretch. That horrible season was still the tenth best ppg by a Stars d-man since he was a rookie.

If you go back to the birth of the Dallas Stars, Klingberg still appears all over the top ten trading off spots with Sergei Zubov. This season Klingberg is still on pace to be the 11th most productive in Dallas Stars history.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I don't know if the fact he's basically gone at this point is the reason for the noise. Every year, there is a vocal, loudly obnoxious, group of Stars fans that have no clue how to appreciate Klingberg or offensive defenders in general. There's nothing new about people thinking he's a terrible defenseman. Like I said, maybe it's louder, I could agree with that, but he's always been a punching bag.

Reactions: M88K

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I don't know if the fact he's basically gone at this point is the reason for the noise. Every year, there is a vocal, loudly obnoxious, group of Stars fans that have no clue how to appreciate Klingberg or offensive defenders in general. There's nothing new about people thinking he's a terrible defenseman. Like I said, maybe it's louder, I could agree with that, but he's always been a punching bag.
People tend to judge elite players a little more negatively when there contracts about to expire .

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00