GDT: Game #59: Coyotes @ Leafs - 5:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, Coyotes Corner, ESPN+

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I wonder if we will ever look back on this skid and laugh about it?

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't yet been able to laugh at all the other long losing streaks we've had over the past five years. Give me a new barn at Desert Ridge, and then maybe I'll start chortling morosely. That's as much as I can promise right now. :sarcasm:

My daughter said to me that we will win the lottery and the player probably will pull a Lindros.

I think it's far more likely that we'd win the Celebrini lottery, and the kid would end up like Nail Yakupov or Alexandre Picard. That seems way more in line with Coyote Karma these days.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Props to O’Brien for taking on Reaves in the game and Todd Walsh afterwards. :sarcasm:

Goddammit, I hate it when sports reporters say, "Speak to the XXXX..." instead of asking a f***ing question.

I remember after one of my first press conferences when I was new to the journo gig, I ran into the athlete in the media center afterward and thanked him for giving me such good answers. He said, "You made it easy on me, man. That's the first time anyone has asked me a smart question all season. Everyone is always saying, 'Share your feelings on this,' or 'Talk about your emotions.' That's your job, bro, not mine. I get paid for a completely different job than you guys do. Don't forget it." That was just an incredible piece of feedback for a kid fresh out of school and trying to figure out the landscape. Never forgot it.

Which is why when I see Todd "REGIONAL EMMY" Walsh doing his mumblecore "COME WITH ME ON MY NARRATIVE JOURNEY" shtick, I want to throw heavy things at expensive things. Isn't there any way we can relocate HIM to Salt Lake City? They'd eat that faux-emotion crap up like it was cake.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Keefe saying we were the better team.

Reactions: Jakey53

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
The frustration of being a Yotes fan continues. They deserved more out of this meeting. 2nd and 3rd periods we were the better team but our current inability to turn chances into goals is getting old. Horrible turnovers (again) cost us goals. Please let this end tonight.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Coach AT stating his unhappiness with Cooley’s backcheck… not sure if he meant in general or specific to one or both of Logans turnovers that led to leafs goals
The back check after he coughed it up. He was weak on a back check that lead to a goal last game as well, worse yet, this time it was necessitated by his own screw up. As I read this thread this AM, was surprised no one pointed it out, during game. Cooley will be fine (we hope), but another oddity of his is that he almost always goes for the play with least odds, like he’s always going for the element of surprise.

Last edited:

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
He’s doing his best to become one. Hope he’s not tired of this org. (who could blame him) and hoping for a way out.

Not saying he was setting the world on fire pre-injury but I perceive most skaters struggle to get back to where they were after being on the shelf for close to 3 months. 6pts in 27gp is definitely abysmal though and he he shouldn't be as tired with the org as tired with himself for not performing. I would like to see him have one more (hopefully healthy) year before calling it and there's no big reason to not be patient on him.

IronFinn

Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
The frustration of being a Yotes fan continues. They deserved more out of this meeting. 2nd and 3rd periods we were the better team but our current inability to turn chances into goals is getting old. Horrible turnovers (again) cost us goals. Please let this end tonight.
I watch every game and never read the GDT during the game, but typically catch up the next morning. I know the losing streak is frustrating, but this is the second game in a row where we were the better team and we just aren't getting the puck luck. I counted 4 hit pipes in the first 6 or 7 minutes of that 3rd period. The only one that went in was the one Cooley tapped in after it hit the back of the goalie. With a little bit of luck we would have tied that game up early in the 3rd. I continue to see the Coyotes getting better and better each game ever since the mid-way point of this losing streak. I would not be surprised at all to see a big win by the Coyotes tonight if the luck/momentum continues to turn.

Also, I thought Dumba had one of his best games of the season last night. We need to see more of that the next few days and maybe someone will give us a 2nd for him.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Also, I thought Dumba had one of his best games of the season last night. We need to see more of that the next few days and maybe someone will give us a 2nd for him.

All I wanted from Dumba before he gets traded was to have him do ONE THING right, and last night he did that when he shoved his elbow into Max Domi's pie hole.

I kinda want to make that my avatar.

IronFinn

Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
All I wanted from Dumba before he gets traded was to have him do ONE THING right, and last night he did that when he shoved his elbow into Max Domi's pie hole.

I kinda want to make that my avatar.
I have to say I was pretty surprised he did not get a penalty on that.

Anyone know when and how Domi lost all those front teeth?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He’s doing his best to become one. Hope he’s not tired of this org. (who could blame him) and hoping for a way out.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:What next. As if Hayton has teams lined up for his services.

Not saying he was setting the world on fire pre-injury but I perceive most skaters struggle to get back to where they were after being on the shelf for close to 3 months. 6pts in 27gp is definitely abysmal though and he he shouldn't be as tired with the org as tired with himself for not performing. I would like to see him have one more (hopefully healthy) year before calling it and there's no big reason to not be patient on him.
The Coyote's don't have a choice do they.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Goddammit, I hate it when sports reporters say, "Speak to the XXXX..." instead of asking a f***ing question.

I remember after one of my first press conferences when I was new to the journo gig, I ran into the athlete in the media center afterward and thanked him for giving me such good answers. He said, "You made it easy on me, man. That's the first time anyone has asked me a smart question all season. Everyone is always saying, 'Share your feelings on this,' or 'Talk about your emotions.' That's your job, bro, not mine. I get paid for a completely different job than you guys do. Don't forget it." That was just an incredible piece of feedback for a kid fresh out of school and trying to figure out the landscape. Never forgot it.

Which is why when I see Todd "REGIONAL EMMY" Walsh doing his mumblecore "COME WITH ME ON MY NARRATIVE JOURNEY" shtick, I want to throw heavy things at expensive things. Isn't there any way we can relocate HIM to Salt Lake City? They'd eat that faux-emotion crap up like it was cake.
he is beyond annoying at this point

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
he is beyond annoying at this point

His gravest annoyance is that he's not trying to get a story, or discover a narrative - he has a narrative, and it's that he knows (or thinks he knows) what the real story is, wants to show that apparent knowledge to his interview subjects, and therefore approaches every interview like, "Look, you and I know the real story here, but explain it for the morons who aren't as connected as we are."

So he never actually asks a question, y'know? He just tells people or asks them to confirm the story he's got in his head. "You guys were out there battling every minute of that loss, weren't you?" "Talk about how that fight made everyone energized and more ready to win." Etc.

The team probably loves him because he doesn't challenge them on a goddamned thing. He's the everpresent Victorian Gent, to paraphrase Tom Wolfe, always looking for the seemly appearance and proper tone.

God, he drives me nuts.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

It is a side hope of mine when they go to move into the new arena they do a fresh start on many things including cleaning house in the media group.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
We can't go a full week without getting shit on by someone. It's such a stale topic at this point that I think even if I lived in Canada or a northern market I'd be so tired of hearing about the Coyotes and just continue scrolling beyond these snakes and their dumb articles. Is anyone at this point really not aware that the team is on a long losing streak without any arena updates since last week?

Except we shit on ourselves daily in f40.

He’s so cringe. I’ve seen youth hockey players who skate better.

Domi is also a see you next Tuesday.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Hayton needs a new contract after this season, doesn't he? Didn't BA have a difficult time coming to an agreement with his agent last time around? If so, wonder what the situation will look like this time around. Arbitration maybe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad