Post-Game Talk: Game 59 - BRUINS 4 Pizza Pizza 1 - F

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Awesome game. Hey does anyone have video or know if it exists of that cross check Wags took?

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Just home from the Gahden. Good game for Bruins named Charlie today:cool: Brad has certainly found his hands again, sick moves on Pasta’s goal. Chemistry looks good on the ice and the bench, I’m wondering what happens if Cliffy is ready to go tomorrow...and who the scouts are looking at, hoping Bjork and Lauzon are staying put:crossfing

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have no idea who this is but the baby is cracking me up lol

Screenshot_20200215-170213_Instagram.jpg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
They are playing with a purpose now.
Feeling very optimistic.

That move by Marchy for Pasta's goal was just ridiculous.

They certainly are. Team is on a mission and they know where they're headed and what they want to do about it. They're one new winger away from a complete team with 4 really solid, capable, cohesive lines, plus one or two decent guys in reserve. Defense I'm happy with. If they add one more on the cheap by the deadline that's fine, but otherwise I just want to see Cliffy get some game time and let he and Lauzon share the spot alongside Gryz. If one or the other establishes themselves as obviously better than so be it, otherwise I see no issue with rotating them as need dictates. Kampfer is a useful 8th D to have in hand.

Nice to see the team simply go out and produce a solid, professional win. Vintage March'y back, Coyle is a menace, and McAvoy showed renewed shooting confidence with could be very valuable to the Bs in the next couple of months. Detroit didn't have much going on - Helm's shorty was really nice, but otherwise Boston were dominant and Rask had an answer for anything that did manage to threaten his net.

Biggest road stretch of the season coming up - New York then West Canada, a couple at home, then New York again plus the Florida pair. Last year's long, undefeated-in-regulation trip through California, Vegas and Missouri really brought the team together and played an important part in setting them up for their deep postseason run, so hopefully the next couple of weeks does something similar for this current squad, and whoever is added by the deadline gets a chance to quickly gel with the group both on and off the ice. But it's also going to be a tough stretch that will test their mettle - every team they play away during it is in playoff contention except for the Rangers. The Bruins have definitely stepped it up since the break, let's hope they can sustain it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad