GDT: Game 59: Anaheim Ducks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Lets Keep On Rolling

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Might be an idea to float him out there as trade bait this summer, maybe some lazy GM will be charmed by his stat line.

What stat line? Who is going to want that $4m per risk? He's not going anywhere unless they take on an equally bad contract, but maybe they swap a bad deal for a bad deal and get someone more suited for the system. I know trades in division are rare but I think Boedker for the Sharks would be a much better fit for VGK and Eakin fits the Sharks style better as well.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
What stat line? Who is going to want that $4m per risk? He's not going anywhere unless they take on an equally bad contract, but maybe they swap a bad deal for a bad deal and get someone more suited for the system. I know trades in division are rare but I think Boedker for the Sharks would be a much better fit for VGK and Eakin fits the Sharks style better as well.

19 points in 58 games is decent enough for a third-liner, I guess. You're right, maybe a swap would work.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Shut out? Can't win without scoring.

GwhatCERT.gif

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Poor offensive night for Vegas... No finish, lot and lots and lots of stupid passes instead of shooting.

The bright sides of the game, we were playing juggled lines, with a couple of players who spent the whole day traveling. Also unless I'm very much mistaken, no Ducks goalie gets credit for the shutout.

But all the blame must go to BattleBorn, there is no doubt that he deliberately sabotaged the team tonight to protect his best GDT record. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

But I really wanted to win tonight, because in the ducks GDT I lost count of how many of ours players they wanted injured...

Reactions: Nevada Jones

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Not an inspired effort and sloppy at times, but Ducks got the bounces.

Ducks certainly didn't scare me with their game tonight, they just knew how to pack it in and clog the game up enough once they got the lead. I see this as a reality check for VGK, games like this happen in the playoffs and you have to adjust your style a bit to win. Knights were forced to play dump and chase a lot more than they would like due to the neutral zone traffic by the Ducks. Further the Ducks were blocking all kinds of shots because they played so compact to the goal with the lead. In those cases smart players should know you don't take slap shots and you don't try to find the open shot on the other side because its not going to be there. You change your game and take quick wrist shots aiming for the traffic in front and hope for a favorable bounce with some intentionally wide shots trying to get the same effect. Do that enough and you'll get some prime chances for bounces and easy goals, its the only strategy that consistently works against a team playing to protect the house.

I didn't see that from the guys tonight so hopefully the coaches point this out and the team adjusts better the next time it happens.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Hyka played well. Tuch didn't look natural on the Perron/Haula line. I liked Nosek today. I'd like to see Nosek play with Tuch and Hyka ave some shifts with Perron and Haula - If neal is away for another game. Fleury has looked shaky for the last half dozen games or so, solid, but not confident.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Went to the game last night. My friends and I both agreed that the whole experience was top notch. Seems like your city has really embraced the Knights. Never have seen so many hockey fans in Las Vegas. Cannot wait to go again. Good luck to you guys in the playoffs!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Went to the game last night. My friends and I both agreed that the whole experience was top notch. Seems like your city has really embraced the Knights. Never have seen so many hockey fans in Las Vegas. Cannot wait to go again. Good luck to you guys in the playoffs!
Glad you had a good time, thanks for coming.

If it makes you feel any excitement for returning, that was the deadest game I've attended all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad