GDT: [Game #58] Dallas Stars vs. Chicago Blackhawks - 8:30 PM CT (TNT)

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Like...we COULD still tank and miss playoffs. If we win the lottery and get into the top 10 we get the pick back. Maybe we start talking top 5.

It's time to start questioning the lundqvist trade. A 1st Rd pick is a biiiig price for an invisible player.

Reactions: starsfan86

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Team is horrible. Nill better not trade away any of the future studs.

You aren't winning the cup with this defense no matter who you add in the top six. Colin Miller and Ryan Suter average over 36 minutes a night. Yuck. They both suck.

Reactions: DieselPig

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Like...we COULD still tank and miss playoffs. If we win the lottery and get into the top 10 we get the pick back. Maybe we start talking top 5.

It's time to start questioning the lundqvist trade. A 1st Rd pick is a biiiig price for an invisible player.
Nah, Lundkvist is a 22 year old rookie. I wouldn’t be quick to judge the trade yet.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

It was questionable when it was made.
a player that request a trade, refused to report to camp, isn't worth a first round pick, let alone an additional pick on top of it. But at least it wasn't another overpiad scrub or geriatric.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Wild are only 5 points behind with a game in hand. We are not making the playoffs, well not unless there are some drastic changes and the riot act is read to some.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Glad Harley and Borque are holding down the fort in Austin. Not like we need skilled, energetic and talented players.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
This is some of the problem with being so tight up against the cap. They can't afford to scratch a guy and give a kid a shot.
Yeah, so much cap tied up in plugs has screwed us. This season once again may have to be written off. Suter and Marchment, what a total waste of cash.

Reactions: mc3488

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022

I think he will be okay. I do think Nill over paid for him. He asked to be traded and was blocked in NY on the right side. No reason to give that much up for an unproven kid.

Reactions: catters078

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
i would say the issue isnt necessarily that they traded for him, but that they traded for him when they did.
They were going to have to do something. Otherwise, Hanley is playing every game. Even with Lundkvist's rookie mistakes, I wouldn't want to see Hanley being a regular.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Official site has been updated. Noche Mexican is on so that's a relief. Was worried they might have had some post game interviews to reassure us with.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
They were going to have to do something. Otherwise, Hanley is playing every game. Even with Lundkvist's rookie mistakes, I wouldn't want to see Hanley being a regular.
Lundkvist was a desperation move after he struck out completely in the offseason. He didn't have to "do" anything. What would have happened if Lundkvist had never requested a trade? I agree with you in a sense, and I mentioned it before the Lundkvist trade- the Marchment trade didn't make any sense if you weren't going to make any upgrades to the defense because it sucked. Nill doubled down and now the defense still sucks and you don't have your first.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
I told You Stars won't make the playoffs. It's the same slump as in Hitchcock season. Every win will be very tough to get now for the Stars.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016

What was Faksa doing here? Why would he think lifting the puck into the middle of the net is going to do anything. All he had to do was jam it five hole. He’s another guy that is just a useless waste of cap space.

Reactions: MrHeiskanen

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Glad I went to bed after the second. Knew they weren't winning.

When your team has Hanley, Olofsson, and Gurianov in your top 12 you can't be taken seriously for going deep in the playoffs. Early season luck is wearing off they play completely different now, no longer fun controlled hockey, more sit back do nothing Bowness style and lose by 1 goal.. no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad