GDT: [Game #58] Dallas Stars @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Scratching Peterson should be something that gets you fired.

Maybe it’s time to break up Benn and Seguin. Seguin is starting to look better and Benn is looking worse. Put Peterson and Gurianov with Seguin. Move Benn down with some other bums.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Scratching Peterson should be something that gets you fired.

Maybe it’s time to break up Benn and Seguin. Seguin is starting to look better and Benn is looking worse. Put Peterson and Gurianov with Seguin. Move Benn down with some other bums.
I think if you want to try to get the best out of Peterson the road games are where you put him with pavelski and hintz/robo and mix up the top 9. He’s looked good when he filled in there and we need to have better matchups on the road . Our top line gets shutdown and we are done .

Reactions: Kipper 17

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Wonder if it’s time to maybe break up that top line and spread the wealth. At this point it can’t possibly hurt

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I think if you want to try to get the best out of Peterson the road games are where you put him with pavelski and hintz/robo and mix up the top 9. He’s looked good when he filled in there and we need to have better matchups on the road . Our top line gets shutdown and we are done .
AGREED. I know some think it's heresy to discuss breaking up the top line but Robo is elite and makes players around him better. Let him help elevate a couple other forwards and give another forward the opportunity to play with Roope and Pavs. It is the only hope we have at having two legitimate scoring lines. No combination of forwards that does not include any of the big 3 has looked like a good 2nd line, Benn-Seguin-Guri have been a mediocre 2nd line at best.

Robo - Seguin - Gurianov
Benn/Peterson/Damiani - Hintz - Pavs

What's the worst that could happen? We get shutout by a 25 year old goalie playing his first game for a team that bleeds goals? :confused:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Maybe he could even go back to combining the speed of Hintz and Guri. Hintz is slowing down in scoring, and maybe the two together could create something, with maybe Peterson, putting Benn-Segs-Robo together. If he runs true to form, he might wait until they are almost mathmatically eliminated to try something that drastic. Again, I hope I am wrong, at least if they lose the next few.

Reactions: Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad