GDT: Game 58: Bruins (43-8-5) @ Kraken (32-19-6) - 7 PM PST/10 PM EST

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I feel like Hakstol gets too much of a pass. Most of the Kraken's problems are fixable with good coaching

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Over the course of 6 hours I was able to watch my 2 favorite teams each lose 6-5 and my least favorite team in the NHL deliver one of those losses. Ouch

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
These refs f***ing suck tonight. Boston is getting away with quite a lot.
Huh?
Kraken had like 6 power plays and Bruins had what? None.

The Marchand whining is lame. He did nothing tonight. Gourde is just the same. Both great players for their teams.

Can't fault the effort level tonight. Pity they didn't get a point. Game really should have gone to OT but that's what great teams do, they find a way to win. No shame in losing a one goal game to the top team in the league.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, even if it's the Bruins you've got to get something out of a game you score five in.

Still a great effort though, but like others have said, you do need to be able to clear the puck and not give up goals at the end of games.

Next game will be agains the Leafs on Sunday and we'll need some points given that we're now in a wild card spot and only four points ahead of Calgary, who're out of the playoffs.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Huh?
Kraken had like 6 power plays and Bruins had what? None.

The Marchand whining is lame. He did nothing tonight. Gourde is just the same. Both great players for their teams.

Can't fault the effort level tonight. Pity they didn't get a point. Game really should have gone to OT but that's what great teams do, they find a way to win. No shame in losing a one goal game to the top team in the league.

They missed the most egregious calls that should have gotten majors.

You're not wrong on that last point though. The Bruins are good and did good team stuff.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Yo. I know some of you dismiss the +/- stat.. but getting a +2 in a game where your team lost says it wasn't your fault. Froden and Borgen had the best +/- on the team last night. I felt during the game that they were both noticeably good eye test wise. Froden looked like he belonged in the NHL. Not sure Schultz did last night though. Every time his name was said out loud it was involving some giant mistake on the ice that turned over the puck or lost a really nice possession run or whatever.

Then you've got Larsson and Dunn who also don't seem to have retained their top tier chemistry. Something was off. I'm sure they are burnt out, but they can't afford to be.

Ultimately, griping aside, offensively this was a very good game. They scored 5 on a VERY good team. I liked what I saw from Matty, Froden, Borgen and McCann.

Defensively, well, the score says everything... as do the unreal number of breakaways they allowed. Matty probably made the best defensive efforts for a forward by far too big a margin.

Blah Blah; tldr; Go Kraken.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I feel a bit emotionally hung over this morning. It's not a great feeling but it beats last year when another loss at this stage, even a tough one just seemed inconsequential.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Good game. On a day when the Kings, Oilers, Flames, and Knights could all get some points it hurt for us to not get any points.

If they can keep up with this level of play, though, they should be able to keep pace in the playoffs but in a close Pacific, can't take too many days off.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I feel a bit emotionally hung over this morning. It's not a great feeling but it beats last year when another loss at this stage, even a tough one just seemed inconsequential.
That is a very good way of putting it. The close Pacific and looming TDL make me anxious, even though I know we have exceeded my expectations for this season based on the last off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad