BRUINS GDT GAME 58 7:14 PM - THE BEAR returns to Vancouver - NESN, ESPN+, CITY, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1677302670535.png

1677302721123.png

1677302779435.png
1677302528171.png

The Boston Bruins will continue a four-game Western Conference swing when they head north of the border to face the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday.

After putting together a two-goal third period to finish Thursday's wild 6-5 win in Seattle, the NHL-leading Bruins will aim for their sixth straight victory and 45th of the season.

Boston did not lead until nearly halfway through a second period that featured three goals for each team.

Jake DeBrusk tipped in Thursday's winning goal with 1:38 left in regulation, marking his third goal in as many games since returning from injuries.

"We have an older group, which I don't think you can ever discount," Boston forward Brad Marchand said. "I think it shows through in times where there's a lot of intensity and pressure."

Boston has won 10 games when tied after two periods this season.

As the Bruins prepare for the pressure-filled grind of the Stanley Cup playoffs, they are set to become an even deeper club.

Boston acquired rugged forward Garnet Hathaway and defenseman Dmitry Orlov from the Washington Capitals in a trade Thursday.

Both players were expected to join their new team Friday evening and could play in Vancouver. The same is true about forward Tomas Nosek, who has been out since breaking a bone in his foot on Jan. 19.

Hathaway has ties to New England as a native of Kennebunkport, Maine, and a Brown University graduate.

"With Hathaway, it's his grit and the way that he plays the game," Bruins captain Patrice Bergeron said. "He's a dog on the bone just every shift, and finishing his checks. He's really hard to play against. I think he's a perfect playoff type of player and he's going to fit really well with us."

Bruins coach Jim Montgomery will have to tinker with an experienced lineup that has been incredibly stable throughout a historic season, but he believes the new additions will serve the team well.

"From a depth perspective (and) a toughness perspective," Montgomery said of how his team became better as a result of the additions. "We addressed a lot of things in one trade."

Linus Ullmark (29-4-1) will start in Boston's goal after Jeremy Swayman earned Thursday's win.

The Canucks, meanwhile, are 2-0-1 in a three-game span after coming from behind for Thursday's 3-2 overtime win at St. Louis.

Elias Pettersson scored with 15 seconds left in the extra session, which Andrei Kuzmenko forced with a tying goal in the final minute of regulation.

Pettersson, who also dished out two assists in the game, has 11 points during a four-game point streak.

"Honestly, we're not that far off as a team," Vancouver forward J.T. Miller said. "This is just a process, and we want to start doing the right things on a more regular basis. (But) for the most part, other than a couple of sour games, we've been playing pretty good."

Miller reached the 20-goal mark as part of a two-point effort, extending his own run on the scoresheet to four games.

Kuzmenko has logged points in five in a row and five goals over his last four games.

Overall, it was a team effort that impressed Rick Tocchet, who took over as the Canucks coach last month.

"We didn't have any passengers and when you're becoming a good team, that's what you need," Tocchet said. "Resilience is character and believing in things. It's not giving up and it builds character and a foundation."

Vancouver also gained additions to its forward lines this week, as Aatu Raty debuted Thursday. He was acquired from the New York Islanders along with Anthony Beauvillier in exchange for forward Bo Horvat on Jan. 30.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Well...well...well. No matter how long its been, it's always going to be f*** the Nucks. The city. And their fans. It's just how it's going to be. I'm like an elephant. I'll never forget what was said during the cup final.

So. I'm going to need our boys to do what they do best. Play hard. Play physical. Get dirty. Pass with purpose. Get that pp going. Shoot the puck. Play smart. No injuries. And be ready from puck drop.

I do hope our new little additions play. But either way. Get the job done.

You already know the drill

giphy.gif

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Hello, Bruins.

Daisy here. Today is my 16th birthday and all I want is a Bruins win.

Well, that's not entirely true. It is my birthday, but a Bruins win is what my silly human wants. I'm just here for the treats. But I'll get more treats if you win. So please win. Thanks!

Love,
Daisy

20230225_074334.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hello, Bruins.

Daisy here. Today is my 16th birthday and all I want is a Bruins win.

Well, that's not entirely true. It is my birthday, but a Bruins win is what my silly human wants. I'm just here for the treats. But I'll get more treats if you win. So please win. Thanks!

Love,
Daisy

View attachment 656433
Happy Birthday Daisy!

It doesn’t look like I’ll get a gdt up like I wanted. I have to get a new windshield and bc of my cameras I have to also have them calibrated. Long story short I have no idea when I’ll be home this afternoon and the game is at 7pm et.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Ah, our old friends the Vancouver Canucks.

To be honest, that 2011 Stanley Cup Final is in my mind the best playoff series I’ve ever watched. A 7-game slugfest. The Bruins overcame an 0-2 deficit for only the second time in their long and colorful history, and won the Stanley Cup. A bloody and nasty affair, and we deserved no less. Of all my favorite teams, the Bruins made me wait the longest for a championship, but 2011 was worth the wait.

I’ll never forget June 15, 2011 for as long as I live. Just a beautiful day for me from start to finish.

Will 2023 produce similar memories for us? Only God knows and only time will tell.

1677336590967.jpeg

1677336659522.jpeg

1677336732597.jpeg

1677336761497.jpeg

1677336783609.jpeg

1677336805248.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad