GDT: Game 57: Edmonton Oilers @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Can We Please Beat The Oilers?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I was just referring to Oilers fans on twitter. You guys have the best player in hockey, and plenty of time go build around him. Oilers will be tough for years.

Best to avoid Oilers fans on Twitter. They’re often a caustic lot that routinely harass their own players (Hall, Eberle, Schultz especially) and then brag about it. Angry frustrated young men.

You could sense that the Oilers fans in attendance were begging for that 1-0 lead in order to bellow the “Let’s Go Oilers” chant over and over, but the “Go Knights Go” chants and the obvious difference in compete level quickly turned them into silent spectators.

I have to say, Knights fans remind me a lot of Penguins fans. Genuinely sociable, enjoyable to converse with, no chip on your shoulder, and you have an identity already, arising out of #VegasStrong, but bigger than that even.

I look forward to seeing your team experience playoff rivalries and gaining league-wide respect that might be lacking, being a Western team in a league with Eastern-heavy and California-heavy media focus. Should be a wild ride.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
How can Haula score so many greasy goals?

I have to admit some have been really brutal to opposing team. Neal standing next to the goal, Haula in front... a pass and Haula kicks it in. Last time they were positioned like this Neal whacked off Hellebuyck's head and Haula tucked it in meanwhile. xD

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I have to admit some have been really brutal to opposing team. Neal standing next to the goal, Haula in front... a pass and Haula kicks it in. Last time they were positioned like this Neal whacked off Hellebuyck's head and Haula tucked it in meanwhile. xD
Yeah but the thing is....he has always gotten those goals. Every god damn season he gets the dirtiest shittiest goals imaginable. Nothing wrong with that, but it is pretty incredible.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Best to avoid Oilers fans on Twitter. They’re often a caustic lot that routinely harass their own players (Hall, Eberle, Schultz especially) and then brag about it. Angry frustrated young men.

You could sense that the Oilers fans in attendance were begging for that 1-0 lead in order to bellow the “Let’s Go Oilers” chant over and over, but the “Go Knights Go” chants and the obvious difference in compete level quickly turned them into silent spectators.

I have to say, Knights fans remind me a lot of Penguins fans. Genuinely sociable, enjoyable to converse with, no chip on your shoulder, and you have an identity already, arising out of #VegasStrong, but bigger than that even.

I look forward to seeing your team experience playoff rivalries and gaining league-wide respect that might be lacking, being a Western team in a league with Eastern-heavy and California-heavy media focus. Should be a wild ride.

I've yet to meet a Pens fan remotely like that. Maybe because I'm from NY, but all the Pens fans I meet are all as obnoxious as the Steeler fans. Or they're all bandwagon fans who have no clue about hockey.

Reactions: Aurinko

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I've yet to meet a Pens fan remotely like that. Maybe because I'm from NY, but all the Pens fans I meet are all as obnoxious as the Steeler fans. Or they're all bandwagon fans who have no clue about hockey.

Too funny. I'm from Pittsburgh and have been a fan of Pittsburgh teams all my life. I think fans from Western PA (and the tri-state area) tend to be very passionate but are also reflect the very down to earth nature of the people from the region. (This contrasts with the Philadelphia fans who are both savages and brutes.) Unfortunately, with any successful franchise, miserable mutants (most of whom aren't from the area) glom on to the team. Steelers Nation extends far beyond the Pittsburgh area.

That said, NY fans aren't known for always being the paragon of civility and virtue. :naughty:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

That’s possible. My views are based on visits to host cities. I do find that fans of out-of-town teams are often intentionally obnoxious as hell. The behaviour of nearly every Vancouver fan in Edmonton seems to support this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad