GDT: Game 57: Columbus vs Coyotes - 6:30pm - BSAZ, NHLN

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
BA is going to hold a going out of business sale. Everything must go. He might even trade Bear.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
View attachment 653439
I see a lot of dumb stuff on this platform, but I would hope someone with his pedigree would be better. I didn’t realize the Coyotes had played 9 games in the last 9 days.
They do look like they are playing better without Chych. This might be part of this situation being a distraction, now that he is gone more or less, players can focus on moving forward.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
It’s really unfortunate that this team needs to be dismantled, but it’s all for the greater good (the greater good)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It’s really unfortunate that this team needs to be dismantled, but it’s all for the greater good (the greater good)
Our top line is here to stay.

Valimaki - Moser has been treated like our top pair during this streak. They're here to stay.

The Veggie - Ingram duo has been maybe the biggest reason for our success this season. They're both here to stay.

Some of our vets will be replaced by kids/new dumps next season. But it doesn't feel like a dismantling to me.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
BA is going to hold a going out of business sale. Everything must go. He might even trade Bear.
96FDD320-0A5E-41B9-B7FF-450C810FCBC3.jpeg

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Our top line is here to stay.

Valimaki - Moser has been treated like our top pair during this streak. They're here to stay.

The Veggie - Ingram duo has been maybe the biggest reason for our success this season. They're both here to stay.

Some of our vets will be replaced by kids/new dumps next season. But it doesn't feel like a dismantling to me.
Valimaki and Moser need new partners and should be a priority this off season, to keep both players on their natural side as long as we are moving from Ghost and JC.
What would be the cost to re-sign Ingram?

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I’m saying I think M^2 better now than Keller was as a rookie

I know points aren't everything but Keller put up 23G/42A in 82 games as a rookie. That's .79 ppg.

Maccelli is at 3G/25A for .64 ppg.

I'm a BIG Maccelli fan. His skating, stick handling and passing are near elite. However, I'm not sure I would say he's better than Keller at the same point.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I know points aren't everything but Keller put up 23G/42A in 82 games as a rookie. That's .79 ppg.

I'm a BIG Maccelli fan. His skating, stick handling and passing are near elite. However, I'm not sure I would say he's better than Keller at the same point.
good point.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

I'm not trying to argue that Maccelli is better than Keller, but looking at pts per ice time provides a different perspective.

Keller's rookie year, he averaged 1.96 pts per 60 minutes of ice time (5on5)
Maccelli is averaging 1.99 pts/60.

Keller scored many more goals, while Maccelli is ringing up a greater number of primary assists.

Keller also had the advantage of more powerplay time, 3.01 min/game vs Maccelli at 1.57 min/game.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
With our pick in the 7-10 range?
Yes. Nemec and Korchinski were crazy risers. I think we’ll see a lesser version of that with Reinbacher and Dragicevic.

I don’t know much about Reinbacher other than his production and performance in his men’s league (a lesser league) is quite noteworthy for his age. Apparently he’s in rarified air given he’s a teenager and he’s performed so well in a top men’s league.

Do I like Reinbacher more than most of the forwards I’ve got ranked 7-10? I don’t know. I don’t think so. I only watched him at the WJC and it was impossible to form an opinion on a 17 year old defenseman whose team was getting absolutely caved in every shift in a 19 year old tourney.

He’s tall, he’s a right shot, he can skate and pass and defend, and is supposedly somewhat physical. And he’s having a pretty remarkable season in the NL.

Now, that league is behind the NHL, AHL, KHL, SHL, and Liiga. But many think it’s the very next one on the list. Having said that, 37 year old former Coyote Dan Winnik is 6th in league scoring there, right now. And if you had told me an hour ago that he was an assistant coach with the Omaha Lancers, I’d have believed it 100%

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Yes. Nemec and Korchinski were crazy risers. I think we’ll see a lesser version of that with Reinbacher and Dragicevic.

I don’t know much about Reinbacher other than his production and performance in his men’s league (a lesser league) is quite noteworthy for his age. Apparently he’s in rarified air given he’s a teenager and he’s performed so well in a top men’s league.

Do I like Reinbacher more than most of the forwards I’ve got ranked 7-10? I don’t know. I don’t think so. I only watched him at the WJC and it was impossible to form an opinion on a 17 year old defenseman whose team was getting absolutely caved in every shift in a 19 year old tourney.

He’s tall, he’s a right shot, he can skate and pass and defend, and is supposedly somewhat physical. And he’s having a pretty remarkable season in the NL.

Now, that league is behind the NHL, AHL, KHL, SHL, and Liiga. But many think it’s the very next one on the list. Having said that, 37 year old former Coyote Dan Winnik is 6th in league scoring there, right now. And if you had told me an hour ago that he was an assistant coach with the Omaha Lancers, I’d have believed it 100%
There's always the possibility that Michkov will fall to us. That would be nice, indeed.

Reactions: lanky

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I'm not trying to argue that Maccelli is better than Keller, but looking at pts per ice time provides a different perspective.

Keller's rookie year, he averaged 1.96 pts per 60 minutes of ice time (5on5)
Maccelli is averaging 1.99 pts/60.

Keller scored many more goals, while Maccelli is ringing up a greater number of primary assists.

Keller also had the advantage of more powerplay time, 3.01 min/game vs Maccelli at 1.57 min/game.
Can’t compare the two from a pure points output. Maccelli is a playmaker first while Keller is more of a scorer first.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
There's always the possibility that Michkov will fall to us. That would be nice, indeed.

Keller did. Remember that we were all set to pick Chychrun at 7 when Keller dropped into Chayka’s lap. Then they scrambled to get Detroit’s spot because Chychrun wasn’t going to fall down to them at 22.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad