GDT: Game 57 | Columbus @ Arizona | 8:30 PM EST | Tank Bowl

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Too late for me. :pout: Would've been fun to watch Maccelli. Look out for his vision on the powerplay if Arizona gets any opportunities. (Now I'll jinx him ofc but bleh, maybe I'll say Patty gets a one-timer on PP too.)
:cool: 1.5 out of 2 is good, thank you Maccelli for taking the extra point away from us (he's done that exact pass to the circle three times in a row now, did it twice in the last game on PP). But maybe I should save my Laine whispers for next season...
I haven't been impressed with Boqvist's vision until recently. It looks like he's figured out that there is a pretty good shooter to his left, it's just been a matter of figuring out how to improve the accuracy of the passes. It's a shame that Werenski has never taken interest in what is to his left, almost like his neck doesn't twist that way.

That and RH shot to RH shot. I don't know how you put Werenski on the top unit after this.
My thoughts exactly. Countless times last year on PP Werenski just ignored Laine on that side when he was wide open. I don't think we need to force passes to Laine these days but if he's wide open, his shot is still a great chance.

Reactions: majormajor

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Well, 1 point is better than 2, but 0 would have been best. Plenty of losable games coming up, Need to pull a soccer strategy and park the bus, all defense, no attack. Start doing it with a 2 goal deficit

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
:cool: 1.5 out of 2 is good, thank you Maccelli for taking the extra point away from us (he's done that exact pass to the circle three times in a row now, did it twice in the last game on PP). But maybe I should save my Laine whispers for next season...

My thoughts exactly. Countless times last year on PP Werenski just ignored Laine on that side when he was wide open. I don't think we need to force passes to Laine these days but if he's wide open, his shot is still a great chance.
There is still a place for snipers in todays NHL… It’s beautiful to see when you have a play driver open up the whole side of the ice and fire the puck right in Laines wheelhouse for a 90mph slap shot . I really think if we can land a Fantilli, Karlsson this draft, add Jiricek to the fold , this team can rebound quickly .. Sounds silly right now , but I see a lot of similarities to us and the Devils ..if we can land one of these centers , and Kj adds some strength and settles in at center , we have the beginnings of a potent lineup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad