GDT: Game #57 - Blues@Oilers - 6:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don’t think it’s that awful. Plus anthems and pre-game shenanigans it’s probably a 6:45-6:50 start. That’s fairly close to when you’d be getting in if it was a 7 pm start.

If it was 5 then yeah that’s downright silly.
City is pretty big now though. If one is driving in from say southside, Westend etc or working outlying areas getting off at 5 and being in arena as 6:30 would be tough. In these road conditions we have now basically commuting anywhere is +hr drivetime.

Edmonton had a big dump of snow on mostly Sunday and the city still hasn't been clearing many roads. ruts 10inches deep on even main roads.

Was just looking up the city road clearing app. The entire area of Millwoods and Meadows has ZERO plows operating right now. We're on a bus route and we had one slight grading since the snow storm. Was just a quick pass thru. Maybe a slight dusting of sand since, on a bus route.

Last edited:

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
IMG_4540.jpeg

Was hoping for Pickard tonite myself…

Reactions: brentashton

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Love the earlier start time. Need retribution on these guys from the last game.
Me2
930 here

City is pretty big now though. If one is driving in from say southside, Westend etc or working outlying areas getting off at 5 and being in arena as 6:30 would be tough. In these road conditions we have now basically commuting anywhere is +hr drivetime.

Edmonton had a big dump of snow on mostly Sunday and the city still hasn't been clearing many roads. ruts 10inches deep on even main roads.

Was just looking up the city road clearing app. The entire area of Millwoods and Meadows has ZERO plows operating right now. We're on a bus route and we had one slight grading since the snow storm. Was just a quick pass thru. Maybe a slight dusting of sand since, on a bus route.
Holy shit, your snow removal sounds like ours. Our last storm, some places were almost a week . To be fair, we had 6 feet of heavy wet snow. Down to 1/2 now. 10 degrees here the last 2 days

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Has anyone started a new rumors thread? It's not showing up for me.

IIRC you can unblock threads of people you ignore by clicking the "remove ignored content" off. Should make threads pop up while still blocking their message (assuming you havent blocked me)

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Probably started by a poster that you have on ignore.

IIRC you can unblock threads of people you ignore by clicking the "remove ignored content" off. Should make threads pop up while still blocking their message (assuming you havent blocked me)
I hardly have anyone on ignore lol. Who is the thread starter? Broberg Speed? 🤣

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
See tickets for $60 for the game. Was gonna go, but the weather = happy to watch at home instead.
Hope we win.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I'm all set for the game and my wife will be providing snacks, beer, cushions and remote around 6:30.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
On behalf of people going to the game though this is a really early weekday start after the city got hit with a huge dump of snow and the City still hasn't been clearing the roads. Took 40mins yesterday to go what would usually take 20mins.

This is a ridiculous start time for working people to go to the game. With the start time just being manipulated to create a double header on the tube I guess.

Agreed. This is a terrible inconvenience for the local fans trying to make the game, even without the dump of snow.

Is there a double header after this game (which is still going to end rather late)?

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad