GDT: Game 56, President's Trophy battle 6pm at Sharks

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Sharks fielding a B team made me worry the Knights wouldn't come out with intensity but they put that aside right away.

Both games tonight are cakewalks so far. Let's see if the Kings go a full period without a SOG.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Tomorrow's going to be the game the Kings might have a chance in. Grubauer went tonight so it will be interesting to see if they go back with him in the B2B or go with Johansson.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If the Kings want a chance they should use nothing but young guys and those who have something to prove. Guys like Kopitar and Doughty are not thrilled with having to play these two games and are probably thinking about golf right now. We will see if the Kings take a different approach tomorrow.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Tuch hasn't played in the 3rd. If both he and Patches are out we're going to be in some real trouble.

A 3rd line of Sikura-Roy-Kolesar is a nightmare.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Tuch hasn't played in the 3rd. If both he and Patches are out we're going to be in some real trouble.

A 3rd line of Sikura-Roy-Kolesar is a nightmare.
First line hasn't done much since Patches out - Janmark is a fairly good acquisition on the 3rd line, not the first (1 goal since acquisition, but the third line with Nosek-Tuch-Janmark was awesome.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not sure real Kings fans would want to help us. But then again I would have expected the Sharks to want to ruin our shot too.
I can only hope for pride among the LA players and overconfidence among the COL players tomorrow night.

But in reality, I'm wrapping my mind around VGK-MIN first round.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I can only hope for pride among the LA players and overconfidence among the COL players tomorrow night.

But in reality, I'm wrapping my mind around VGK-MIN first round.

Seems Tuch will be ready for playoffs - shut down for maintenance and a "tweak" - "PDB "would've played if we needed him"

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Nice win. Now get some rest and prepare for the Wild.

There is just no way the Avs lose tomorrow. Especially considering the Kings are going to be starting a rookie goaltender with only 3 games played in the NHL.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Donuts for MAF!!!!!!!!!!
This brings him to a .928% which should get him the Vezina, although Vegas has played better team defense than the Lightning. I don't see a convincing argument for Varlamov, Grubauer or Saros over MAF either. Lehner's hiccups the past few games make Fleury's numbers look even better. This is his year.

Great shot by Sikura btw. They'll probably need him with the forwards limping into the post season.

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
^Well Lehner did finish in 3rd for the Vezina two years ago and 6th last year, so Fleury having better numbers than him, even if it’s not by a wide margin looks impressive IMO.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
He needed Lehner to miss another month to win it. Just not enough starts with the rotation. Would have led the league in wins with another 7-10 starts and there would be no argument against at that point. Vasy leading the league in wins so he's probably still the favorite. Grubauer can tie him tonight if he plays. It should really be between him and Fleury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad