GDT: Game #56 - Kings@Oilers - 7:30PM - Kill the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
These lines look so awful. Man Brown failing, Perry being old and none of our forward prospects being worth a damn really hurts our top 9.

Reactions: Duke74

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Why not? So don’t take Mcdavid a professional hockey player for his word take your word?
I doubt they mind 4 in 7. I think where it likely becomes an issue is when it's 5 in 7 or 8 days, or 6 in 9 or 10 days or as much as 8 in 14.

Playoff series tend to be scheduled for as many as 7 games in 14-16 days which is likely optimal not too much and not too little in terms of workload.

Reality is they haven't been hit too crazy yet. Lets not forget they still have a 9 in 16 day stretch in in 7 cities with travel between 8 of those 9 games. Then they get a few days off before having 6 in 9 including a stretch of 5 in 7 (in three cities)

Last edited:

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Koach K kaught in the same old 97 29 glue trap.

It hasn’t been working since Day 1 this season and instead has been costing us games, rather than winning us games as these 2 abandon any pretext of playing well defensively when together and instead make costly turnovers from hope plays.
Teams know how to defend these 2 now and refusing to play them apart is detrimental to long term success.

RNH usually can’t do much centering his own line. Holloway buried on line 4 with the most useless player since Tobias Kahun does nothing. Foegele and McLoed are the Magic 8 ball of players, you never know what you’re going to get out of them. Skinner better have his head out of his ass as well or were cooked.

So with all that and a useless morning skate I predict a 4 - 1 Oiler win and the start of a @CROTT GDT win streak! :nod:

Carats the same???? da fuk?

Someone explain that to me please.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Koach K kaught in the same old 97 29 glue trap.

It hasn’t been working since Day 1 this season and instead has been costing us games, rather than winning us games as these 2 abandon any pretext of playing well defensively when together and instead make costly turnovers from hope plays.
Teams know how to defend these 2 now and refusing to play them apart is detrimental to long term success.

RNH usually can’t do much centering his own line. Holloway buried on line 4 with the most useless player since Tobias Kahun does nothing. Foegele and McLoed are the Magic 8 ball of players, you never know what you’re going to get out of them. Skinner better have his head out of his ass as well or were cooked.

So with all that and a useless morning skate I predict a 4 - 1 Oiler win and the start of a @CROTT GDT win streak! :nod:

Talk about futility.. as bad as Kahun was, he is 15x the player this current version of Brown is.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Even with good D, skinner has been bad.

They dont go hand in hand.
That's a stretch, I'm talking about how they played D during the streak.

As long as Brown is still in the lineup, that's what matters. He'd be in the AHL on most teams but somehow still in the lineup most nights

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
1st period will be bad.

rest of the game will depend on how big of a hole we need to dig ourselves out of
Its sad this is like clockwork with this club. I think most of us would be surprised if we're not down after one period. Its been so striking lately but being down only 1G after first period could be considered better than expected.

Reactions: FlameChampion

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Its sad this is like clockwork with this club. I think most of us would be surprised if we're not down after one period. Its been so striking lately but being down only 1G after first period could be considered better than expected.
I guess that is the one difference from this cold stretch that's different than the start this year. In the 3-9-1 start, Edmonton scored first more often than not, then got burned as the game went along if they didn't end up scoring at least 3 in the first.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Imagine most of the fans that cheer for this team dicking off at work after the kind of bullshit poor performances they put up before and thinking that’s acceptable

Most of those fans would probably get fired. These guys can just skate to collect a paycheque

Embarrassing lack of accountability from leadership down.
Pro players really don't come from the working class anymore. Pretty evident in ways that one can see.

"oh well, good nuff, onto the next game"

You've probably seen me mention this but the founder of the Oilers, The illustrious Bill Hunter, sideshow carnival barker type, would give fans free tickets to any next game of their choosing when the Oil Kings or original Oilers lost due to playing like crap. I think he carried that over into first season of the upstart WHA Oilers. lol that the Elks did it last season. Didn't work out too well for the club..not for fans either unless you liked seeing a club losing.

Now its give me all your money, Pay 200bucks for a ticket, 100bucks for food and concessions/booze, 30bucks for parking, pay an arena levy surcharge on ticket, pay ticketmaster more than people used to pay in total for a ticket, and then we'll decide at some point in the game if we even want to show up and play.

I guess that is the one difference from this cold stretch that's different than the start this year. In the 3-9-1 start, Edmonton scored first more often than not, then got burned as the game went along if they didn't end up scoring 3 or more in the first.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't heh. I guess the constant is needing or approximating 60mins of play.

With posts like this and a cup of coffee my insight is worth a cup of coffee. ;)

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Pro players really don't come from the working class anymore. Pretty evident in ways that one can see.

"oh well, good nuff, onto the next game"

You've probably seen me mention this but the founder of the Oilers, The illustrious Bill Hunter, sideshow carnival barker type, would give fans free tickets to any next game of their choosing when the Oil Kings or original Oilers lost due to playing like crap. I think he carried that over into first season of the upstart WHA Oilers. lol that the Elks did it last season. Didn't work out too well for the club..not for fans either unless you liked seeing a club losing.

Now its give me all your money, Pay 200bucks for a ticket, 100bucks for food and concessions/booze, 30bucks for parking, pay an arena levy surcharge on ticket, pay ticketmaster more than people used to pay in total for a ticket, and then we'll decide at some point in the game if we even want to show up and play.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't heh. I guess the constant is needing or approximating 60mins of play.

With posts like this and a cup of coffee my insight is worth a cup of coffee. ;)

The players today are coddled and told how great they are from Novice on out. I’ve dealt with many a parent who asked my advice about player agents from age 6! And I’ve been out for a decade +. It’s a lot worse now.

Reactions: brentashton

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Maybe if this team didn’t show up until the third it would be better. first two periods they stand around in their own zone, no intensity, lose every battle, can’t get the puck out and then skinner is such trash he can’t make a save. Even 30% more work ethic would go a long way. 🤷‍♂️

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I have lost all faith in Knob and making lines

We are winning so many games and he has never put those liens back together

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
This game will tell me a lot about this team's commitment to playing the type of game that will win them something in the playoffs

Reactions: K1984

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
I'm by no means blaming McDavid but I miss the days when he would single-handedly take over a game and get us the win.

It's not even this but he doesn't look like the same player as he was last year due to injury or whatever else it is.

We've all seen the relucatance and/or inability to shoot but when is the last time McDavid speedbursted around somebody?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I can assure you they dont like 4 in 7 but 3 in 7 is what they prefer not 1 in 7 like the start of the season
Yup either way it’s a heavy schedule that can lead to serious injuries, fatigue and goalies that are overworked all in the last 1/3 of the season … should be no problemo.

But I hear we’re playing 4D chess to decide who we play in the playoffs with the losing streak, winning streak and recent play. This team might be way ahead of its time. :|

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I've been saying, if they are just coasting a bit with plans to really ramp it up in the playoffs I'm ok with that. They had to play playoff hockey for awhile just to get back in it. This is the worst McDavid and Drai have looked in the regular season. If it means they are waiting and have a great playoffs we will be looking back going ahhhh I see what they did there.

Reactions: sepHF

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Woody, tmac “I really made some awful decisions with the lines at times “

Knob - “hold my beer”

I really hate being a fan of this team sometimes

Let’s hope we win…. Need to right this ship. This is getting ridiculous
We might need you to up the sacrifice. What else can you consume that isn’t a and w?

We need to think outside the box

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad