GDT: [Game #56] Dallas Stars @ Nashville Predators - 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #56 – 3/8/2022 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSW
Bridgestone Arena

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Nashville Predators
32-20-3, 67 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 31-20-4, 66 pts

STATS

lu4mu3e.jpg
Kz8aaex.jpg

:stars
vsV97aH.png
:nashville

Stars
j7g3fOA.png
QP8XUIe.png
7yB2zXn.png

8Ye99rm.png
Xy5H8jn.png
r2eq1bL.png

bNfLSg7.png
yX5z5uK.png
LnF7Q27.png

YBthtxR.png
1lgZhLo.png
fB5lrh6.png

DpkaJIF.png
FNS31xJ.png

KQciTzi.png
XgXIryF.png

9i2pcHq.png
lqFPRM1.png

ybNIJF3.png

Predators
Forsberg - Johansen - Duchene
Tolvanen - Granlund - Kunin
Trenin - Sissons - Jeannot
Luff - McCarron - Tomasino

Josi - Fabbro
Ekholm - Carrier
Harpur- Benning

Saros

iug5VMR.png

Reactions: LT

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Need that top wildcard spot so yes big game. But also I don’t want to face St. Louis. So wild need to stop sucking. I do think they overachieved early on however.
I honestly don’t feel anymore or less confident no matter who they face , if they make it . There pretty much capable of beating or losing to anyone in the west .

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I honestly don’t feel anymore or less confident no matter who they face , if they make it . There pretty much capable of beating or losing to anyone in the west .

retweet.

And I don’t know if that’s a good or a bad thing lol

Reactions: BfantZ

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
retweet.

And I don’t know if that’s a good or a bad thing lol

It's a good thing. It makes watching the playoffs for this team at least interesting. Anything could happen even if the realistic and likely odds aren't in their favor.

Well ... it's not a bad thing as long as you agree to ignore the know-it-all jack wagons that pop up the moment they get blown out or advance to the next round because the idea either is a certainty or likely with this team is delusional. They'll puff up or just stay quiet depending on the results and whatever their particular flavor is. No different than what happens after a few losses or wins in the regular season ... just infinitely more obnoxious.

Reactions: LT and MBTendy

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It's a good thing. It makes watching the playoffs for this team at least interesting. Anything could happen even if the realistic and likely odds aren't in their favor.

Well ... it's not a bad thing as long as you agree to ignore the know-it-all jack wagons that pop up the moment they get blown out or advance to the next round because the idea either is a certainty or likely with this team is delusional. They'll puff up or just stay quiet depending on the results and whatever their particular flavor is. No different than what happens after a few losses or wins in the regular season ... just infinitely more obnoxious.

I guess it can be a bad thing because if we were to get bounced early then there’s the potential of having no critics on our early departure.

Although I do agree, it makes watching the boys more entertaining. Going into any series as most likely underdogs but the ability to win and for it not to be such a surprise. I think one can argue (barring a collapse), this team is stronger than they were going into the bubble back in 2020.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

has anyone ever said them advancing was a certainty? pretty sure only group that's certain are those who think this team is a steaming pile of skat.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I guess it can be a bad thing because if we were to get bounced early then there’s the potential of having no critics on our early departure.

Although I do agree, it makes watching the boys more entertaining. Going into any series as most likely underdogs but the ability to win and for it not to be such a surprise. I think one can argue (barring a collapse), this team is stronger than they were going into the bubble back in 2020.

That's honestly an interesting discussion. Was it an 8 game losing streak going into the shutdown?

My bigger fear is there may not be as much pressure right now to address the biggest issue with the team because of the amount of winning at the moment. Maybe that losing streak was actually a positive because they went into the bubble with a different attitude and approach. You get these glimpses right now from the coaching staff about making changes. They'll start talking about rolling 4 lines at the same time the Peterson line has a really good game, and they don't stick with it. They'll experiment with a guy like Benn with Peterson and Radulov for a handful of shifts and go back. There's a bit more staying power with that Harley-Klingberg. It's starting to get used at least somewhat regularly in certain situations.

I think they have enough pieces not to be a pushover and look out of place. I just wonder if the current approach is good enough to be an actual threat as opposed to a hard out.

Whatever happens at the deadline at this point happens. I'm just hoping the new core gets valuable playoff experience together and looks relevant in that arena in May. That seems like the best possible outcome at this point in the season with where they find themselves. It's not going to make watching Klingberg walk for nothing hurt any less if that's what ultimately happens.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That's honestly an interesting discussion. Was it an 8 game losing streak going into the shutdown?

Something like that. That season had the 1-7-1 start, then a nearly .800 40ish game stretch, and ended with a terrible losing streak before COVID happened.

We also have the Hitchcock collapse. A bit less recent and more because of suspect goaltending. But it shows a dangerous history of seemingly random collapses that are very costly.

One difference though is that this team has a new core. It's not Benn/Seguin/Klingberg/Bishop anymore. Will be interesting to see how Hintz/Robo/Heiskanen/Otter differ.

Also one huge credit to Nill, maybe via luck, is the fact that this transition of core pieces has been so smooth. There was no big tear down, we were able to find those elite pieces in other ways. How many teams have had something like this? Tampa is the only one I can think of but they're an anomaly in many ways.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Winning the lottery to pick Heiskanen is definitely some luck, but we have to give credit to the scouts. It's a little odd when you think about it a bit. Hintz is basically the one bigger, two-way guy that hits big. They draft that guy over and over, and those guys basically just become depth, Bottom 6 forwards at best often (jury still out on Dellandrea). Robertson on the other hand is the bigger surprise in that they'd even be willing to take him. He fits more with the current drafting philosophy of overlooking warts, taking risks, and valuing skill. That 2017 draft probably goes down in Dallas Stars lore ... it's trending that way at least. If Dallas becomes a Cup contender soon or even wins a Cup in the next 5 to 10 years ... your franchise D, franchise forward, and franchise goalie that are the reason it becomes a reality come from that draft. Not saying they're all bonafide franchise players right this moment today ... but it's at least looking like it's not a fantasy.

Reactions: LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Preds broadcast talking about Kunin catching Robertson on that backcheck and how Robertson has speed

:sarcasm:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I have no beef with Hanley at all, but why in the hell are we trying to pretend his 6 or 7 minutes are "the most important in the game" according to Razor. That's just absurd. What the hell has happened to Razor? His credibility just takes hit after hit.

Reactions: Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad