GDT: Game 55: Stars @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 2PM

Which Coyote gets to 12 goals first??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I expect that with a year more of experience our team will be better equipped to respond to another team's late push. Too many games like this one have been overly exciting in the final 2 minutes.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Both of Gallys goals were sick. Reminded me of his play during preseason. He has an elite shot and it’s good to see them go in
I have been saying for awhile that Chucky is our best forward. Good skater, physical, good along the boards, goes to the net, he can stick handle, and of course, doesn't have a bad shot either. I just wish he was better in the FO. The one thing that I don't understand is his TOI. He gets straddled with Weal, gets three points, 5 SOG and three hits, and is rewarded with 14 TOI. I would have double shifted him. He was in a groove yesterday.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Galchenyuk is only 9 points behind Keller with 10 less games played. It probably shows the kind of year Kels is having, more than anything, but still..
You are not giving Chucky enough credit here. Don't forget, he missed training camp with an injury and then was injured again during the year. His games isn't all about points. He'll go to those dirty areas without fear.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's not competitive enough. He wants room to skate and if he doesn't get it he goes into a shell. He's a little wee guy with little moxy. He needs an ounce of Brad Marchand in him. He can do this.
I agree, and the NHL is playing him different now that they have a read on him. It's up to Keller to adjust, and I think we have seen that the last few games.

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
You are not giving Chucky enough credit here. Don't forget, he missed training camp with an injury and then was injured again during the year. His games isn't all about points. He'll go to those dirty areas without fear.
Now we're sounding like the Montreal forum where people made excuse after excuse for this guy. It's always been that way for him.
He's not a bad player. But he's not as good as he's projected.
He's got speed and a heavy shot. His issue is hockey I.Q. It's on the low side.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Now we're sounding like the Montreal forum where people made excuse after excuse for this guy. It's always been that way for him.
He's not a bad player. But he's not as good as he's projected.
He's got speed and a heavy shot. His issue is hockey I.Q. It's on the low side.
Still our best forward at the moment, with Keller the only one close. I like the way he plays and what he brings. I think he has been outstanding the last dozen games or maybe even more.

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Still our best forward at the moment, with Keller the only one close. I like the way he plays and what he brings. I think he has been outstanding the last dozen games or maybe even more.
I agree he's been pretty good. He's not Domi and I said at the time it was a bad trade but it's not as bad either. Domi is younger, better and the Habs have a better contract situation with him.
I think Chucky is an UFA after next season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree he's been pretty good. He's not Domi and I said at the time it was a bad trade but it's not as bad either. Domi is younger, better and the Habs have a better contract situation with him.
I think Chucky is an UFA after next season.
I wasn't a big supporter of Domi as most are here. I liked the trade when it happened, and I like it now. I highly doubt Chucky will be a UFA.

Reactions: cobra427

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I wasn't a big supporter of Domi as most are here. I liked the trade when it happened, and I like it now. I highly doubt Chucky will be a UFA.
Domi was exactly what the Coyotes don't have enough of. A highly skilled scrappy guy.
Chucky will be an UFA after the 2019 season. I suspect after playing here for his time he's going to test the market and miss playing in a hockey market , maybe not as crazy as Montreal .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad