GDT: Game 55: Montreal Canadiens vs Calgary Flames 3/3/22 9:00pm EST TSN2, SNW, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
nm70Ttf.jpg

CWIRiLe.jpg

RtPYruW.jpg

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I've generally liked dauphin under msl, but to see him as the 2nd line center pretty much tells you all you need to know about this season.

It goes without saying that it's not easy to find top 6 centers, that can both score and defend.

I wonder if Domi isn't worth picking up in the offseason on a short term deal. See if Drouin-Domi-Gallagher can't produce in a 2nd line role - and then ship all three out for futures while they're putting up numbers.

If Domi produces offensively, but hurts us defensively, all the better for the tank.

Last time he got us Josh Anderson. What would he get us this time?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The Johnny hockey show. Didn't know he was an American from New-Jersey. Plays good Canadian hockey. :laugh: Now I sound like Don Cherry.
This will be a hard game to win, but the boys will be ready, I'm sure

GO:habsGO

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I've generally liked dauphin under msl, but to see him as the 2nd line center pretty much tells you all you need to know about this season.

He also looked liked he was being coached by DD last game. His first stinker under MSL, so I’m curious to see where he goes from here.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Dauphin is an ahler. It's just the reality.

Well, he's already 26, and spent most of his pro career in the AHL, so he is pretty much an ahler.

But, I think he's trending towards a closer look as far as being an option in the bottom 6 next year, if he can maintain his current form under msl.

The line can be very fine between ahl and nhl, and I think dauphin is one of those guys straddling that line at the moment.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
It goes without saying that it's not easy to find top 6 centers, that can both score and defend.

I wonder if Domi isn't worth picking up in the offseason on a short term deal. See if Drouin-Domi-Gallagher can't produce in a 2nd line role - and then ship all three out for futures while they're putting up numbers.

If Domi produces offensively, but hurts us defensively, all the better for the tank.

Last time he got us Josh Anderson. What would he get us this time?

I would hate it.

But then again, in a pump-and-dump situation in a lost season it could make strategic sense. Still, though, I really rather we move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad