GDT: Game 55: Flyers @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We need to get bigger and stronger. At this point, we also need a new goalie, one without a glaring hole glove side high. That and a new coach and we're all set for next season. Not too much to ask.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
That said, I do think that Raanta played well in the final period, overtime and shoot out.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
We need to get bigger and stronger. At this point, we also need a new goalie, one without a glaring hole glove side high. That and a new coach and we're all set for next season. Not too much to ask.

I think the high glove side is underused as a place to set the shots at most goalies. It's not just Raanta.

Good game. Cousins should lead the shoot-out practise and tell the others how to do it. The stats on those shooters were abyssmal. Could perhaps also improve the shooting in other circumstanses.

"here comes .. He has no goals on any of his attempts so far..." and that was, like, everybody.

But I still se improvement. It's next year we actually needs to win those ones, right? :naughty:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011

Hahaha, god damn he's really not helping his case. Just a roll of the dice, pick random players and throw them out there? Seems to me he's not taking the shootout seriously because he simply doesn't like it. That's not how this f***ing works, Rick. An extra point is on the line.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Hahaha, god damn he's really not helping his case. Just a roll of the dice, pick random players and throw them out there? Seems to me he's not taking the shootout seriously because he simply doesn't like it. That's not how this ****ing works, Rick. An extra point is on the line.

Well, it's the players being sent out who should take it seriously. To send out a guy who insists he will score, I'm fine with that. Confidence must be a big part of scoring in a shoot-out.

Reactions: kbay

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The book on Raanta is high glove side. That has to be the 7th or more goals I have seen this year on him high glove side.

Yup. Very weak glove side and everyone knows it as almost every shot is there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's it? Come back with an actual stat to support your currently baseless theory.

I and others have been complaining about Raanta's glove side for sometime. He has a very weak glove side and I don't think their is a stat to my knowledge to back this claim but if you watch the game and see where the players are always shooting on him you would see it for yourself. One thing I do know, it's not a theory.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Yup, we need some muscle in our line up that can play. Raanta's glove side is weak but his over all game is pretty damn good. I do think the jury is still out on him though.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yup, we need some muscle in our line up that can play. Raanta's glove side is weak but his over all game is pretty damn good. I do think the jury is still out on him though.
I don't think his overall game is very good. I think he is a borderline starter in the NHL at this point.

Reactions: MIG

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Not if you’ve watched a lot of Coyotes games this year.....

giphy.gif
Every one
???

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Yeah I will pay more attention to the glove side issue or watch some replays. I thought basing it off 7 goals seemed like jumping to conclusion but sounds like this is a weakness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad