GDT: [Game #55] Dallas Stars vs. Boston Bruins - 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #55 – 2/14/2023 – 7:30 PM CT – BSSW
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Boston Bruins
30-14-10, 70 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 39-8-5, 83 pts

1em5YM3.png

h7C3jbq.jpg
zyrvPc0.jpg

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

:bruins

Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Zacha - Krejci - Pastrnak
Hall - Coyle - Foligno
Greer - Frederic - Lauko

Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbort - Clifton

Ullmark

fMRTnDk.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LT and Kipper 17

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Boston is a great team having a great year but am I the only one that looks at their lineup and asks how are they so good? It's a good team on paper but I don't see a 39-8-5 team when I look at their roster. Am I delusional?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Boston is a great team having a great year but am I the only one that looks at their lineup and asks how are they so good? It's a good team on paper but I don't see a 39-8-5 team when I look at their roster. Am I delusional?
It's fairly mystifying. Obviously they have a dominant line taking one last hurrah with Bergeron close to retirement. But you could say the same thing about Pavelski and the Stars. Then they go and drag Kreijci back from overseas and it somehow works and he hasn't fallen off. Then you have a goalie nearing 30 who's never been an undisputed starter decide to career by a massive margin. Then our ne'er-do-well ex-coach comes in and catches lightning in a bottle with a different style than he used here. It's something of an argument for just not having bad players anywhere I guess. Everyone is pretty functional. I shouldn't minimize the impact of McAvoy. If your team has a #1 D you're probably going to be good, the only question is how good. (Unless you're the Sharks) Also Grzelcyk has kind of gone nuts and Lindholm eats minutes.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Feels like all Boston games in recent seasons have been disappointing, be nice to see a clear win for a change.

Because depth matters more than superstars in the modern NHL, though very few GMs seem to have gotten the message despite the success of Vegas in their first year.

If you can put together a team with 3 second lines plus 1 third line, 3 second pairs, and back them up with a good goalie, you will win a Cup or 3.

Reactions: Azrael89

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Feels like all Boston games in recent seasons have been disappointing, be nice to see a clear win for a change.

Because depth matters more than superstars in the modern NHL, though very few GMs seem to have gotten the message despite the success of Vegas in their first year.

If you can put together a team with 3 second lines plus 1 third line, 3 second pairs, and back them up with a good goalie, you will win a Cup or 3.
Last season they beat Boston at home like 6-1

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
well, okay.

maybe we get a middling make-up call for this middling penalty

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Pavelski cant even skate with the puck now? Jesus Christ next season is going to be bad with that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad