GDT: [Game #55] Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild - 7:00 PM CT (TNT)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #55 – 3/6/2022 – 3:00 PM CT – TNT
Xcel Energy Center

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Minnesota Wild
31-20-3, 65 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 32-18-3 67 pts

STATS

iPyFWjw.jpg
10vJYK6.jpg

:stars
vsV97aH.png
:wild

Stars
j7g3fOA.png
QP8XUIe.png
7yB2zXn.png

8Ye99rm.png
Xy5H8jn.png
r2eq1bL.png

bNfLSg7.png
yX5z5uK.png
LnF7Q27.png

YBthtxR.png
1lgZhLo.png
fB5lrh6.png

DpkaJIF.png
FNS31xJ.png

KQciTzi.png
XgXIryF.png

9i2pcHq.png
lqFPRM1.png

ybNIJF3.png

Wild
Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello
Fiala - Gaudreau - Boldy
Dewar - Eriksson Ek - Foligno
Duhaime - Sturm - Bjugstad

Goligoski - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Merrill - Kulikov

Kahkonen

iug5VMR.png

Last edited:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Seguin practiced and he's likely to play. Miro didn't practice, and Bones described him as "very questionable".

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No doubt Tufte is staying in because of the whole family situation last time in Minnesota. Don't agree with Kiviranta over Peterson though

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
No doubt Tufte is staying in because of the whole family situation last time in Minnesota. Don't agree with Kiviranta over Peterson though

That or Bowness is still a dinosaur with his way of thinking and thinks we need Tufte against a big Minnesota team. Peterson belongs in the line up over Tufte and Kiviranta. I would scratch Kivi if it was my call.

Reactions: ugrakarma

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I think this is a 1 game make up for the last game at Minnesota. I agree it's dumb, but it'll be over soon. If I'm being honest though, I'm going to pull something positive out of it. I assume there's no chance Benn plays with Seguin and Gurianov with Peterson coming out. I don't think they'd break up the Faksa line and move Glendening to center.

That's positive IMO because maybe we do finally see Benn back at center, and Peterson could come back into the lineup to an increased role. Trust me ... I hate that means Kiviranta has an increased role as well, but whether it's ...

Peterson-Seguin-Gurianov
Kiviranta-Benn-Radulov

or

Kiviranta-Seguin-Gurianov
Peterson-Benn-Radulov

The only way they have a chance of creating a 3rd line to play more than Faksa's or at least even with his was someone that Bones trusted which likely meant Benn. One of the things holding Dallas back is that Faksa line (really Faksa himself) and their usage. If they could get to a place where they're rolling 4 lines instead of mostly playing Faksa's line with the Top 2, they probably have a better chance for overall success. Peterson and Radulov are poised for really helping the team, but they keep getting relegated to 4th line minutes with everyone healthy. The only way for this to truly work though I think in the long run is someone has to replace Kiviranta. He's fine as an extra forward, but he's not an everyday NHL forward. Wings are cheap at the deadline. I hope they give a low-value asset for one or go waiver diving at minimum for someone that Bones will play.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
That or Bowness is still a dinosaur with his way of thinking and thinks we need Tufte against a big Minnesota team. Peterson belongs in the line up over Tufte and Kiviranta. I would scratch Kivi if it was my call.

That or it's a "make up" for the last game in Minny when he was a late scratch.
Still it should be Kivi sitting.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
At least based on the warmup, they seem to have actually broken up the Faksa line. I'm a little surprised and disappointed. Assume they'll just be going back to the status quo soon.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I don't understand how out of either of those sequences, the Stars didn't end up on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad