GDT: Game 55: Coyotes @ Sharks - 8:30 PM - FSAZ

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Agreed RT.

Haven't heard much more about boedkers deal aside from it being offered as a 4 year deal.

Time to start trimming the fat.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This again?

You want to fire Tippet in a rebuilding year? Not rebuilding fast enough for you? I thought that rt had the corner on this stupid, but I guess not.

:laugh::laugh:You should know by now rt doesn't have this corner all by himself.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agreed RT.

Haven't heard much more about boedkers deal aside from it being offered as a 4 year deal.

Time to start trimming the fat.

We don't have much fat to trim this year. If we do trade Boedker he is the only one we can expect a good return. I still hope Boedker signs.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
We don't have much fat to trim this year. If we do trade Boedker he is the only one we can expect a good return. I still hope Boedker signs.

I'm under the impression he will, but (he) would prefer a longer deal.

Fold the year up and go for Mathews or chychrun.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agreed. His best wasn't all that good though. He wasn't a glaring negative the last two games.

It takes time for a Dman coming to a new team with new team mates etc., so maybe we hit it lucky and he gets better. :dunno:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm under the impression he will, but (he) would prefer a longer deal.

Fold the year up and go for Mathews or chychrun.

With rumblings of the cap going down, he better be careful of what he asks for.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Guess which one is getting 18+ min TOI and which one is getting 12+ min TOI

DuClair's +4 is a reflection of getting sheltered minutes. I agree with rt that we should be sellers. Next year I want to be in the playoffs with Strome and Dvorak and two other rookies, a rejuvenated Smith, a more experienced Domingue, and no Richardson, Chipchura, Boedker. I would like to retain Gordon for his face off and defensive prowess.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
DuClair's +4 is a reflection of getting sheltered minutes. I agree with rt that we should be sellers. Next year I want to be in the playoffs with Strome and Dvorak and two other rookies, a rejuvenated Smith, a more experienced Domingue, and no Richardson, Chipchura, Boedker. I would like to retain Gordon for his face off and defensive prowess.

No room for Gordon. Gaudet and Richardson can replace him. Like to keep Richardson as he and Doan have good chemistry, and that would be a great fourth line next year. I still would like Boedker to sign a reasonable deal with us.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
DuClair's +4 is a reflection of getting sheltered minutes.

Advanced stats says he's our #1 player

I don't want Gordon back, the offense shortcomings out weigh his defensive prowess

Richardson signed for 2 years, so he'll be back, and he's been ok on the 3rd line with Martinook & Doan

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
So, shooting for a 5/5, I guess, but will GMDM pull the trigger? I think he waits to see what he can get in return for him. In the mean time, 4.5 million per for 5 years would be somewhat acceptable to me (as long as there are no NTCs/NMCs involved) for a 2nd line winger that can fill-in on the first if necessary. I'd be more comfortable with a 3.75 million per for 3-4 years, but that ain't going to happen.

Of course, the way he's been playing lately (including last night's game), he'd be lucky to be offered a 3/3 offer

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
No room for Gordon. Gaudet and Richardson can replace him. Like to keep Richardson as he and Doan have good chemistry, and that would be a great fourth line next year. I still would like Boedker to sign a reasonable deal with us.

Funny how our top goal scorer is considered 4th line material.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Funny how our top goal scorer is considered 4th line material.

:laugh:That's what I thought when I posted it. Just shows that our talent level still has a ways to go. The one thing about Doan is he can play on any line and do well, but at some time I would like to see a few of the kids take over. We are seeing a lot of progress this year with most of the kids which is very encouraging. I'm already excited for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad