GDT: Game 55: Avs vs Jets | 8 PM MT | February 6, 2016 | There's a Hockey Game Tonight

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Nothing significant is going to change as for the roster until the off-season. So we're all going to have to ride this horse down the stretch as another 'almost' 'could have' 'if only'. ****** part is they won't draft high enough to get real help.

We're in the Iginla time period in Calgary with a few more young assets. Should be interesting to see how or if the current management can make the next step, or if we keep cuddling with mediocrity.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I thought bod has looked pretty good. Redmond I have zero faith in even as a 6th d.
No way, he looks awful. He made a nice pass to Duchene, but I'd hope any D could make that pass. There were two times when he had the puck in the d zone, saw someone coming, and just turtled and turned it over. He's terrible.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Nothing significant is going to change as for the roster until the off-season. So we're all going to have to ride this horse down the stretch as another 'almost' 'could have' 'if only'. ****** part is they won't draft high enough to get real help.

We're in the Iginla time period in Calgary with a few more young assets. Should be interesting to see how or if the current management can make the next step, or if we keep cuddling with mediocrity.

That's why we CANNOT get rid of assets. That's the only way out of this.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Can somebody post Roy's comments here as they come? I have a sleeping girlfriend of mine on my chest so I can't watch a video with sound lol.

This used to happen to me a lot when we were in the Pacific time zone, now it's late enough where shes out of here by the time I want to slam doubles of 90 proof rum and cry into my own pillow after games. Just another year being an Avalanche fan these days.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I think this is a big big big problem, more than the plugs playing over their heads.

You have two respected guys who were supposed to be top 6 players who can hardly even play bottom 6. They both should be scratched most nights but Roy isn't going to do that, no coach would. It's a big burden an elephant in the room but there's no solution. You can't play them or get rid of them. They aren't nobodies that you can just make vanish.

I understand what you are saying but it's feasible. Look at the Lecavalier situation. If you can't contribute you sit, whatever your status.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That's why we CANNOT get rid of assets. That's the only way out of this.

Defensive prospects yes, a first round pick that might turn into a little bit better version of Comeau if we're lucky. No thanks...

There isn't any late TT (CHI), or Rychel type guys in this draft from what I've seen discussed.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
subtle brag. Guess I need to change my slogan there...
4 years bro. Not a brag, it's life lol.

Same here. Mine never makes it through these Saturday night games.

This used to happen to me a lot when we were in the Pacific time zone, now it's late enough where shes out of here by the time I want to slam doubles of 90 proof rum and cry into my own pillow after games. Just another year being an Avalanche fan these days.

You managed to not wake her up during those brawls in the 3rd period?

Yup a common occurrence indeed. I've learned to stay quiet through most of the nights but I let some screams out which leads to a punch in the ribs.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

I'm just praying to the asset management gods that they don't snap and try to go for it by going for rentals.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Defensive prospects yes, a first round pick that might turn into a little bit better version of Comeau if we're lucky. No thanks...

There isn't any late TT (CHI), or Rychel type guys in this draft from what I've seen discussed.

You have any idea where this team is going to finish? It's a little early to write off a draft pick we haven't made. At least wait until he's 19.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Im not sure how anyone can fault Grigs for that goal. The dude was putting in work in the O zone for about a minute. wanna blame someone? Blame Johnson for that Ryan O'Byrne lay on my belly defense.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I think this has been Landeskogs worst season of the five he has been here with 12/13 as a close seconded. But that was shortened. Maybe he can get it together for the final third but he hasn't been close to the two-way force he was in the previous four seasons. He has been solid and all. But really was ELITE at it from day 1 in his rookie year.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm just praying to the asset management gods that they don't snap and try to go for it by going for rentals.

I'll be on the fire him wagon if they trade for anyone they don't resign. However if they make a trade and make the playoffs and resign said player I'll be happy as ****.

It's a double edge sword you could just as easily fall on as use it to win the war.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think this has been Landeskogs worst season of the five he has been here with 12/13 as a close seconded. But that was shortened. Maybe he can get it together for the final third but he hasn't been close to the two-way force he was in the previous four seasons. He has been solid and all. But really was ELITE at it from day 1 in his rookie year.

I thought he was 'good' tonight but beastly in the 3 or so games before tonight. The all star break seemed to help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad