GDT: Game #55 - 2.1.14 - at Anaheim - 9:00 PM - TX21/FS-W

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
St Louis has been very dominant versus the Stars this year...

For whatever its worth I'd enjoy the Hawks more, purely because they aren't thugs.

nah, they've scored 9 goals on 47 shots against the Stars. That's not domination, that's dumb luck and leaky goaltending. Against Chicago on the other hand we've spent entire games in our own end and honestly those results could have been worse.

St. Louis is a good team, but not elite. Historically they've been better at 5 on 5 play then they have so far this year, and it's only a league best 11.2% shooting percentage which is seeing them pile up that record. We can take them, and I'd be surprised if the Stars didn't win a game or two against the Blues down the stretch.

aloonda*

St Louis has been very dominant versus the Stars this year...

For whatever its worth I'd enjoy the Hawks more, purely because they aren't thugs.

blues fan---cool

hawks "fans" ---generally tools

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
So do we give Ellis the start against the Yotes on Tuesday, and Kari the start on Wednesday against the Sharks?

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
If the Stars get the second Wild card spot and Anaheim leads the Western Conference then the Stars would play Anaheim would they not?

Division leader with the most points plays the lowest wild card spot, and then the other division leader will play the first wild card spot, while the #2 & #3 seeds in each division will play eachother.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Anyone want to compile our record with Connauton playing?

Also didn't realize Fistric left the game with a lower body injury.

11 wins, 9 losses, 3 loser points.

Red hot in December after Daley/Robi went down, but cooled down with the rest of the team after that.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
If the Stars get the second Wild card spot and Anaheim leads the Western Conference then the Stars would play Anaheim would they not?

Division leader with the most points plays the lowest wild card spot, and then the other division leader will play the first wild card spot, while the #2 & #3 seeds in each division will play eachother.

My understanding is that it's 1st vs 4th in the division and 2nd vs 3rd. The only time the "wildcard" comes into effect is if the 5th place team in one of the divisions has a better record than the 4th place team in the other, in which case they take that team's spot vs. the 1st place team in that division.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
My understanding is that it's 1st vs 4th in the division and 2nd vs 3rd. The only time the "wildcard" comes into effect is if the 5th place team in one of the divisions has a better record than the 4th place team in the other, in which case they take that team's spot vs. the 1st place team in that division.

You might be right, i'm still not sure honestly. This is what I was using as a source but I couldn't find anything else to confirm it.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/the-explainer-new-nhl-playoff-seeding-format-1.1871216

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
The Stars really match up well against the pacific teams. The playoffs might be a different animal, but if they made them I'd like their chances against the big slower teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad