GDT: Game 54 - Wild @ Jets GDT - Tuesday, February 20th 7PM CST TSN3/CJOB - Minnesota "Angel" Wild vs Winnipeg "Dirty" Jets, Ron Burgundy edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Thanks @GeorgeJETson for the amazing TGDT...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Well done...

giphy.gif

Let's hope the Jets are as good as your TGDT tomorrow!

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Aha! I thought if I took a break from my Slow Horses marathon (just finished book 3) I might find tomorrow's GDT here on the new time zone calculations.

Vancouver is the best in the league and it took us using all our firepower to beat them 4-2. Then the next day the Wild beat them 10-7. Seventeen goals in a hockey game? OMG. If the Wild can do that to the Canucks, what are they capable of doing to us? Peux-tu nous sauver, Brossoit?

It seemed obvious to me this afternoon that, after Monahan pumped three quick ones, everyone else on the team was so impressed that they took the rest of the day off. If the team repeats that kind of effort against the Wild, we'll be ground beef (lean) before the third period. But if we get the same effort tomorrow/today as we did in Vancouver, we should be able to have the Minny fans whining again.

It all depends on Brossoit. And the defence. And the power power. Whathehell, it depends on the whole team showing up for more than the first period.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I don't know why the NHL makes schedules like this .... both the Jets and Wild are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights and both of them will have two days off before the next game so why not have this game on Wednesday.
After tomorrow the Wild play only 2 games in 6 days and the Jets play only 1 game in the next 4 days.:huh:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I don't know why the NHL makes schedules like this .... both the Jets and Wild are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights and both of them will have two days off before the next game so why not have this game on Wednesday.
After tomorrow the Wild play only 2 games in 6 days and the Jets play only 1 game in the next 4 days.:huh:
Lots of factors, including arena availability and team preferences and fatigue equality, go into the schedule. Agreed tho that the results sometimes defy any common logic.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

When in the chronicle of a fully fueled Jet
I see an active third line, once was the team’s fairest line,
And Pionk’s game in Calgs come up sodding wet
Reset thy ass; exceed the play of any sundry Mild swine,
Courage - the GDT blazon of Burgundy’s best,
To sharpen thy skate, thy blade, and helm – it’s the show,
We seek these antique jokes to somehow deflect
Our current play – with levity as the board wields now.
So all of our praises are but prophecies
Of Lurch’s boardsmash time, all you prefiguring;
They look to Perfecto’s impact with hopeful eyes,
That first line, with enough skill enough your worth to sing:
For we, which now behold these present days,
Chose not to stumble, or to mourn happier days.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
If I had to bet, I wouldn't know where to start. The NHL scheduling algorithm is partially fuelled by the owner's gate revenue, and the need to stuff in 80 freaking games per season, so $$$ perhaps.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
If I had to bet, I wouldn't know where to start. The NHL scheduling algorithm is partially fuelled by the owner's gate revenue, and the need to stuff in 80 freaking games per season, so $$$ perhaps.
The Canada Life Centre is one of the busiest venues in North America since its opening in 2004.[1] In 2008, it was placed 19th busiest arena in the world and 11th in North America, with 385,427 tickets (not including sporting events).[2] In 2009, it ranked as the 39th busiest arena in the world, and 26th busiest in North America.[3]

If you check out Xcel Center in Mpls, it's pretty crowded also, close to 300 events a year.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I surfaced from book world to look around for a bit and went to the Minnesota Wild threads.

As of a few minutes ago, they have no GDT for tonight's game.

Their earlier GDTs don't have more than 6 pages. You beat a team 10-7 and there's only 6 pages? Incredible.

Or in honour of Brossoit starting today: Incroyable!

Say what you want about the strange variety (cough, Sip, cough) of fans on the Jets' threads, at least the fans show up here and support the team. And generously offer their opinions for free on how it should be coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad