GDT: GAME 54 | Stars @ Senators | Ride 'Em Cowboy! Edition | Thu Feb 22 7PM, 2024 | TSN5, RDS2

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I think he’s trying to be nice. And had to give him credit for something. So it was that. But then in the next breath he talks about how uncontrolled their emotion was and sometimes is.

DJ did Jack shit for way too long.

I agree JM was trying to throw him a bone.

Comes across as a backhand compliment when he had said in previous pressers that the team gets too high and too low and are lacking maturity to control their emotions.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I agree JM was trying to throw him a bone.

Comes across as a backhand compliment when he had said in previous pressers that the team gets too high and too low and are lacking maturity to control their emotions.
“Back to basics” and also in year 5 of DJ Martin had to give them a speech about how if they don’t play defence they won’t win

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Dallas ain’t winning shit with that loser Duchene.
He is the Ted McGinley Jr. of the NHL. As soon as he arrives in your dressing room, you know that you are doomed to start losing.

He did absolutely nothing last night, which must have been disappointing to the folks in saw in the building who had clearly made the drive from Haliburton for the game. Also invisible last night - Tyler Seguin. Other than Pavelski, whose motor is always going, Dallas's big dogs were totally silent...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I fell for it last year, I thought they would improve and turn the corner. But this time actually looks different, they are much better defensively and you can see the changes week to week. Hope we can get Korpi to figure shit out.
I honestly think if we had gotten even the goaltending Talbot/Forsberg gave us last year, DJ would still have a job right now (for better or worse, probably worse, significantly worse). Collectively, those two were giving us ~900 sv % (we had tons of injuries so they only combined for 64 games though).

This year, those two combined for a .886 sv% under DJ, over a full season that would make a 33 goal difference.

Our problem was not limited to goaltending, and Jacques has done what he can about the skater portion of our problems, but until we get decent quality goaltending, we aren't going anywhere.

Reactions: Emrasie and DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The highlights skipped the 3rd period entirely. 2nd ended and they jumped right to the final seconds ticking down.
Lol, I just took a look, that's hilarious, 10 seconds of the 8 min long extended highlights dedicated to the 3rd period, and of those 10 second, the only "highlight" was the scuffle after the final buzzer...

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
They dominated last night. What a game!!!

It's so much fun watching this team right now, but every game that goes by sure does make it obvious that DJ should have been gone a long time ago. Kept way beyond expiry and clearly an opportunity missed. It's basically a season lost to cleansing the past deficiencies of management and coaching.

Dorion's legacy was a rollercoaster, but the beginning and end probably sum it all up and last night had me thinking about it... starts by trading up for Logan Brown and trades away "our #1 center of the future" Zibanejad+ within 2 of his first 3 moves. Then he finishes it off with undying loyalty to his 5 year tenured coach and hands out arguably the worst UFA contract ever given in Ottawa.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Lol, I just took a look, that's hilarious, 10 seconds of the 8 min long extended highlights dedicated to the 3rd period, and of those 10 second, the only "highlight" was the scuffle after the final buzzer...
Some of those highlight packs on the networks can be absolutely brutal. Like, nonsensical to even bother showing and they should just put up a scoreboard.

"Tonight, we have the Magic beating the Suns 101-99. Here's a shot of <insert first name here> Kardashian sitting courtside. Kevin Durant walks by and has a chuckly" A mention of X and Y not playing tonight. Random shot block in 3rd quarter shown. End of highlight pack as they voice over that the game was won on a buzzer beater.

Googling highlight packs is a much better option. If I skip games, I try to watch those curated like 10-20 minute packs on youtube over letting Sportsnet spam me with the 3 Leafs goals only after a 4-3 Senators win.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Some of those highlight packs on the networks can be absolutely brutal. Like, nonsensical to even bother showing and they should just put up a scoreboard.

"Tonight, we have the Magic beating the Suns 101-99. Here's a shot of <insert first name here> Kardashian sitting courtside. Kevin Durant walks by and has a chuckly" A mention of X and Y not playing tonight. Random shot block in 3rd quarter shown. End of highlight pack as they voice over that the game was won on a buzzer beater.

Googling highlight packs is a much better option. If I skip games, I try to watch those curated like 10-20 minute packs on youtube over letting Sportsnet spam me with the 3 Leafs goals only after a 4-3 Senators win.

For the record, I'm talking about the official NHL highlights (via dtmts). But they can be very uneven. You'll often see every shot on net for like the first 10 minutes of the game, then just casually skip another 20.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I go to DTMTS, I think it just pulls from the NHL.com's extended highlights. Not sure where the ones you find on google come from.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
For the record, I'm talking about the official NHL highlights (via dtmts). But they can be very uneven. You'll often see every shot on net for like the first 10 minutes of the game, then just casually skip another 20.

I go to DTMTS, I think it just pulls from the NHL.com's extended highlights. Not sure where the ones you find on google come from.
Interesting. I was not familiar with DTMTS, but I just googled it. That's kind of a cool format of keeping the score from you.

I don't do it so much for Sens since I watch the full games. Thinking more for Nucks/Oilers/Flames games I miss and a lot of basketball, Lakers in particular. There's usually a few different pretty well put together packs put up on youtube not long after.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Interesting. I was not familiar with DTMTS, but I just googled it. That's kind of a cool format of keeping the score from you.

I don't do it so much for Sens since I watch the full games. Thinking more for Nucks/Oilers/Flames games I miss and a lot of basketball, Lakers in particular. There's usually a few different pretty well put together packs put up on youtube not long after.

It was fairly recently they added basketball, a sport I personally don't care about and it clutters up the view a bit, but I survive. Mostly I'm glad it's working consistently again, for about the first half of the season it wouldn't load half the time and I had to go hunting down a different spoiler-free site

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It was fairly recently they added basketball, a sport I personally don't care about and it clutters up the view a bit, but I survive. Mostly I'm glad it's working consistently again, for about the first half of the season it wouldn't load half the time and I had to go hunting down a different spoiler-free site
Lol, I hear that. If I could, I'd cut anything but Hockey, Basketball, Hockey and NFL Football from sports networks. Cool site though, when it works I guess. I'm so used to games being spoiled that I'm not sure I'd actually seek it out, but a cool idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad