GDT: Game #54: Pens play in the Litter Box Feb 8th 7:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The team needs to get back to playing a sound, committed 200 foot game. They've kind of gotten lax in that department a bit lately.

Starts with the top line tbh.

McCann has looked so bad at wing. I don’t get it tbh. At this point I’d go with this..

Simon - Crosby - Lafferty
Tanev - Malkin - Rust
Galchenyuk- McCann - Agozzino
ZAR - Bleuger - Hornqvist

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

McCann has looked so bad at wing. I don’t get it tbh. At this point I’d go with this..

Tanev - Malkin - Rust

Might as well try to get offense moved down the lineup. It just hasn't clicked and I wish he did with Sid.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Tanev - Malkin - Rust

Yeah, McCann looking so bad on the wing has been odd. I wonder if he'd finally gotten in a groove at center, and now he's having trouble for some reason re-adjusting to the wing and winger responsibilities.

Whatever the case, I really wish Sullivan would end the McCann experiment next to Sid. Find someone who can compliment the Sid/Simon duo and read off of them better than McCann seems to be doing.

I know this was initially about their defensive play, but McCann's not helping them at all on offense, either. When they enter the O-zone, it's like he's clueless about where he needs to be or what he needs to be doing when either Sid or Simon has the puck.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Since 2010 season, 14-2 with the Hawks and this year with the Panthers..
350.png

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Florida 1-3 since the break.

Puhleeeezzz don't lay an egg vs these guys.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Tanev - Malkin - Rust

Horny need more minutes than 4th line minutes. If that means giving Galchenyak less than make it so.
Or
If either one is having a bad game drop them to 4th line.
MS will never roll those lines and stick with them. He'll start doing the shuffle.

Over the next 10 games I'd say there is roughly 3 games against teams the penguins could 'attempt' to shuffle the lines to get things flowing.
Games against Tampa, Toronto(b2b), Capitals they need to go with what they know or they will get stomped.

William I NEGLE

Mar 30, 2018
Lol

Id start Jarry

But Sullivan might want to run with Murray since he wasn't bad last game? Or something.

It's really a tough call when you have two goalies and a coach who keeps everything secret as long as he can.

Murray. Jarry. Whoever it is, FLA will score 3 goals.

So we gotta score 4.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Murray. Jarry. Whoever it is, FLA will score 3 goals.

So we gotta score 4.
In Florida last 4 games (3-1) they scored, 0,5,0,2 goals.

I really hope they don't get more than 2 on the penguins today.

I hope Jarry starts as well.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Just tough to be optimistic at this point

- Team has been fading for weeks now and even though they have gotten some wins out of it I’m not seeing the same tenacity

- Injuries are really starting to add up we are missing a lot of important guys at this point I mean are Dumo/Bjugs out for the season? Kahun 3 weeks with a concussion? Always the worst possible scenario

- Sid doesn’t seem the same since coming back perhaps it’s the injury? Perhaps his line mates due to injuries? Perhaps he’s getting old???

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
With all the mixing up they've been doing I don't see why you can't place Gally on RW.

Simon, Crosby, Rust
McCann, Malkin, Hornqvist
Agozzino, Lafferty, Galchenyuk
ZAR, Blueger, Tanev

I mean....WTF!

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
With all the mixing up they've been doing I don't see why you can't place Gally on RW.

Simon, Crosby, Rust
ZAR, Blueger, Tanev

I mean....WTF!

These forward lines no matter what Sully does missing Jake, Kahun and Gally being horrible are pretty much dog shit. He can’t do much unless you want to blame him for Gally sucking due to his line placement

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Simon, Crosby, Rust
ZAR, Blueger, Tanev

I mean....WTF!

Sid with two of his favourites.......

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Sid needs to suck it up and play with Horny, or at least McCann needs to be back at centre. Also Rust needs to be RW. Maybe if Sully really wants McCann at LW so badly, play him with Geno. There are so many options that are way better than what Sully is using.

Simon - Sid - Horny/Tanev
McCann/Lafferty - Geno - Rust
Gally - McCann/Lafferty - Horny/ Aggozino
ZAR - Blueger - Tanev/ Aggozino

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
These forward lines no matter what Sully does missing Jake, Kahun and Gally being horrible are pretty much dog ****. He can’t do much unless you want to blame him for Gally sucking due to his line placement

They need guys in positions to succeed considering the position the team is in. He placed him at RW and things were night and day with him, so there is reason to question his motives. This isn't a call up here. He is a quality forward even if he's a liability defensively. He's done more in this league than most of these call ups getting chances at RW.

Agozzino?
Angello?
Lafferty?

How's Gally any different then freakin Simon?

It's getting to be moronic levels here when they need NHL quality forwards.

Reactions: LittleSpoon

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

Tanev - Malkin - Rust

if flip horny and agozzino tho

I’d also keep playing Angello and see how he looks with other guys.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean, wtf already.
The only 'official' report on 6 is that MS said he looks 'ok'.

So even NHL has him listed as injured and not playing. Yet still, nothing official.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
They need guys in positions to succeed considering the position the team is in. He placed him at RW and things were night and day with him, so there is reason to question his motives. This isn't a call up here. He is a quality forward even if he's a liability defensively. He's done more in this league than most of these call ups getting chances at RW.

Agozzino?
Angello?
Lafferty?

How's Gally any different then freakin Simon?

It's getting to be moronic levels here when they need NHL quality forwards.
I agree fully that gally should be getting more minutes especially with the situation we are in currently(even before honestly) but I think he does turn the puck over much more than Simon has and in way less time. But I’d also argue that could be because of lack of ice time and not getting into any sort of a flow. Truthfully the guy just has not had much of a chance here, and I’m sure he is just in the mindset of don’t mess up...which then causes him to mess up. Stuck between a rock and a hard place for sure. Feel bad for him honestly.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I agree fully that gally should be getting more minutes especially with the situation we are in currently(even before honestly) but I think he does turn the puck over much more than Simon has and in way less time. But I’d also argue that could be because of lack of ice time and not getting into any sort of a flow. Truthfully the guy just has not had much of a chance here, and I’m sure he is just in the mindset of don’t mess up...which then causes him to mess up. Stuck between a rock and a hard place for sure. Feel bad for him honestly.

Why do you feel bad for him?
I can't gather up any feelings for a guy who makes 5 million dollars for 8 minutes of actual 'work' per game because he doesn't have a fit on this team.

I do feel bad for 6 who got his face broken.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Why do you feel bad for him?
I can't gather up any feelings for a guy who makes 5 million dollars for 8 minutes of actual 'work' per game because he doesn't have a fit on this team.

I do feel bad for 6 who got his face broken.
Just because he is getting paid doesn’t mean it’s not a crap time for him. And it’s not like I’m sobbing for the guy here. It’s a matter of empathy for a guy I think has a lot more to offer, probably knows he has a lot more to offer, and most definitely feels like he’s letting down his new team. We’ve heard over and over by sully himself that it’s not a lack of effort from him. Bad fit or mismanagement, it’s still a poor situation for a decently young player. And anyone who’s been in any sort of team sport environment can attest that it’s a pretty awful feeling to let down your mates.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Right, right.

It's like they want to be proven right at detriment to the team of reasons to be rid of him instead of playing him (even at center on line 3) where he's most comfortable. A blind squirrel can see that nuts case to crack. As soon as Jake went down they forced him right back there and what do you expect to happen?

It's all about who you give him as linemates. Guys with roles to support your best given player on a line.

Kahun, McCann, Galchenyuk are going to be suspect defensively, but their speed, and some defensive flashes should keep that to a minimum.

I actually like that line when it was together. I wouldn't hate it as a 3rd even if I think McCann is not gonna be all that great in that role, I think offense there.

It doesn't seem like that's possible with how things are going with injuries and their view of him.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I mean, wtf already.
The only 'official' report on 6 is that MS said he looks 'ok'.

So even NHL has him listed as injured and not playing. Yet still, nothing official.

Sully talks at 5 pm EST...I’m sure he’ll address it then..

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Just tough to be optimistic at this point

- Team has been fading for weeks now and even though they have gotten some wins out of it I’m not seeing the same tenacity

- Injuries are really starting to add up we are missing a lot of important guys at this point I mean are Dumo/Bjugs out for the season? Kahun 3 weeks with a concussion? Always the worst possible scenario

- Sid doesn’t seem the same since coming back perhaps it’s the injury? Perhaps his line mates due to injuries? Perhaps he’s getting old???

this is a bad post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad