GDT: Game 54: Coyotes @ Predators - 6:00pm (AZ) - BSAZ

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Well the good news.
Crouse now has 19 goals. That's two less than Brady Tkachuk. That's more than DeBrincat. He has to be a top 15 player from the 2015 draft now right? Top 20 at least. We got him for a 2nd which could have just been a 3rd. Can't forget to be patient with players.

Maccelli looked great again. Is he becomes more consistent watch out.

Moser has been great since Chychrun has been out. I think he was a little more over his head vs STL but he looked confident and collected tonight. He is reminding me more and more of a Hanafin type player.

Valimaki, the other Moser, had another nice night.

Vejmelka was spectacular. He does have his ups and downs but his good nights make him look like a top 10 goalie.

The bad
Hayton took a step back I thought. Bad at faceoffs, didn't store the pot as much as he can and only had a shot. Hope he bounces back because he's been winning me over

We won and have four games in a row with a point or more.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
The no-look pass from Maccelli to Crouse was BEAUTIFUL!

Maccelli gets my vote for this season's biggest surprise.

Rookies (min 30 games). Take out the rookie filter, and Matias is 14th in assists per 60. Nice.
Screenshot_20230214-060547.png

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Look at the column to the right! A1/60. Very nice.

To further highlight your point, this is all players with min 30 games. Also, consider that the Coyotes are bottom 5 in goals per game.

Some heavy hitters on this list and playing for teams that score more goals.

1676389775685.png

Reactions: Heldig

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I know you like Benson, but from what I've seen, Benson doesn't have the hockey IQ Smith has...Benson does have a high motor though.
I disagree. I think Benson has the higher hockey IQ and is more skilled in every facet apart from height.

Having said that, I’m a big fan of Smith and he’s #1 on my “best of the rest” list. Benson v Michkov is a more interesting argument to me. Smith is a full tier down from both, though. Of course, only IMO.

rt

May 13, 2004
Well, you can be the Benson camp leader, I'll be the Smith camp leader.
You missed my ninja edit. I may be President of the Benson fan club and you may be President of the Smith fan club. But I want to be at least Veep for Smith.

I don’t think I’m in a mutually exclusive position. I think Benson is both a huge step ahead of Smith, and it’s not even close. But I also think Smith is the very next guy after my top 5.

1. Bedard
-
2. Fantilli
-
-
3/4/5. Benson/Carlsson/Michkov
-
-
-
6. Smith
7-16. A/whole/buncha/dudes

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
see, and I think the exact opposite, Benson is more direct, I can give you several plays where Smith manipulates the outcome through deception that I've never seen Benson even attempt. Smith in my opinion has the highest IQ in the draft.

rt

May 13, 2004
see, and I think the exact opposite, Benson is more direct, I can give you several plays where Smith manipulates the outcome through deception that I've never seen Benson even attempt. Smith in my opinion has the highest IQ in the draft.
Benson does it every single shift. Pick any game, and shift and you’ll see it.

Smith does A LOT of slippery and amazing things in an effort to avoid going hard up the middle. ;)

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad