GDT: Game 54: Boston Bruins(29-17-4) @ Seattle Kraken(16-33-4) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After losing their fourth in a row on Tuesday against the Islanders the Kraken are back at CPA to host the first ever visit of an original six member, the Boston Bruins.

During their first matchup in Boston the Kraken played well and stayed close but ultimatly couldn't get a point in their 3-2 loss.
This time around the Kraken are looking to end that losing streak and are in need to turn things around not just on the score sheet but rather on how they approach games, given those two really bad showings against Vancouver and the Isles.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are they playing?
Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
DPdrones-Climate-Pledge-Arena-Sunset-Night-08.jpg

When does the game start?
7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
RootSports, NESN, NHL Game Center, ESPN+

-------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Team Effort
During their past two games the team has come out flat and left their goalies hang out to dry.
In order to have any chance against the Bruins the Kraken need to come out and play like they did during the final 20+ minutes against the Isles(who had taken their foot of the pedal, which helped) or this one could get ugly fast.

2) Team Effort
See point one.

3) Team Effort
See point one and two + give a f** at the start of the game.

-----------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Jared McCann: 21(G) - 12(A) ---> 33 points
Jordan Eberle: 14(G) - 16(A) ---> 30 points
Yanni Gourde: 11(G) - 18(A) ---> 29 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 22:01 TOI/Game
Mark Giordano: 21:32 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 20:06 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 12-22-4 / .891(SV%) / 3.18 GAA
Chris Driedger: 4-8-0 / .893(SV%) / 3.30 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 0-3-0 / .858(SV%) / 4.12 GAA

i

Top Scorers:
Brad Marchand: 21(G) - 28(A) ---> 49 points
David Pastrnak: 27(G) - 22(A) ---> 49 points
Patrice Bergeron: 13(G) - 24(A) ---> 37 points

Work Load:
Charlie McAvoy: 24:34 TOI/Game
Brandon Carlo: 19:42 TOI/Game
Brad Marchand: 19:18 TOI/Game

Netminders:

Linus Ullmark: 16-8-1 / .909(SV%) / 2.79 GAA
Jeremy Swayman: 11-7-3 / .925(SV%) / 2.09 GAA
Tuukka Rask: 2-2-0 / .844(SV%) / 4.28 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

The Kraken will be in for a tough one playing against a perenial playoff team in Boston while also having to deal with yet another loss as leading scorer Jared McCann was put on IR today.

The Bruins will start Ullmark in this one, who's been the second best goalie for them so far this season, and might present a chance that way for the Kraken who'll need to find ways to create offense with the little they've got left in their forward group.

Anyways, let's hope the team is up for it and willing to work more than they did during the last two games to try and give something to their fans.

And of course....
giphy.gif

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Like mentioned in the Roster Discussion Thread, no McCann and no Gourde during the mourning skate.

Those lines :help:

I can't really decide on which one being the least dangerous for any defense.

Though, that second line of Sheahan-Wennberg-Donskoi probably takes the cake.

One guy(Sheahan) has noo offense, the other one(Wennberg) doesn't shoot and the third guy(Donskoi) needs about 150 attempts to score a goal. :laugh:

BTW: Grubi the first goalie off the ice.
Good luck to him, he'll need it...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Like mentioned in the Roster Discussion Thread, no McCann and no Gourde during the mourning skate.

Those lines :help:

I can't really decide on which one being the least dangerous for any defense.

Though, that second line of Sheahan-Wennberg-Donskoi probably takes the cake.

One guy(Sheahan) has noo offense, the other one(Wennberg) doesn't shoot and the third guy(Donskoi) needs about 150 attempts to score a goal. :laugh:

Yeah. That 2nd line is hilarious.

They have one offensive minded player on that line who has scored only 1G this season. But then again, they are probably going to be spending all the time in the defensive zone anyway so offensive production from that line shouldn't be an issue. It's more of a PK line for evens.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Yeah. That 2nd line is hilarious.

They have one offensive minded player on that line who has scored only 1G this season. But then again, they are probably going to be spending all the time in the defensive zone anyway so offensive production from that line shouldn't be an issue. It's more of a PK line for evens.

PP doesn't look better either...

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Off chance, albeit low that Gourde has been dealt and is sitting out because paperwork hasn’t been finalized. Not expecting that to be the case, but it’s odd no info has come out as to why.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Off chance, albeit low that Gourde has been dealt and is sitting out because paperwork hasn’t been finalized. Not expecting that to be the case, but it’s odd no info has come out as to why.

I'm pretty sure they'll talk about it during the mourning skate interviews.

But yeah, it's strange that there's no info on Goude so far.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Trading Gourde would be a really really bad move. Not only is he a fan favorite but he is arguably our best forward. 2nd in PPG just behind McCann but considerably better defensively. He is also signed for another 3 seasons after this at a really good cap hit.

If he gets moved, we better be getting a haul OR I will be in line asking for Francis to be fired.

Looks like Hakstol just cleared this up though.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Trading Gourde would be a really really bad move. Not only is he a fan favorite but he is arguably our best forward. 2nd in PPG just behind McCann but considerably better defensively. He is also signed for another 3 seasons after this at a really good cap hit.

If he gets moved, we better be getting a haul OR I will be in line asking for Francis to be fired.

Looks like Hakstol just cleared this up though.

Yeah, I figured as much on the trade issue. It would be a catastrophic move. He's one of, at most, half a dozen guys worth keeping around.

Would be a hell of a game without him, I'll say that. I'm actually looking forward to this one... just to see how much grit the team has offensively when put to the test. If they care at this point.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So if we were to lose today we would be on a 6 game losing streak. Our next game is against San Jose who is on a 7 game losing streak (last win January 29th) and are playing the Islanders today.

Could be a great matchup .. LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2