GDT: Game #54 - 1.30.14 - vs New Jersey - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

McGinley

Captain, my captain
Feb 13, 2013
iXewBYbkFQx4s.gif

WHEW!

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Geez Lehtonen has looked like **** the last few games, you'd figure they'd bench him for a game or two since we're not in the playoff picture anyways.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
You can't pin.anything about that goal on Lehts. First goal? Absolutely. Not that one.

Didn't say anything about that last one, did I?

The last few games he's not been tracking the puck as well and is overcommitting far more often than usual. If it wasn't for the fact that he got extremely lucky on a save or two tonight, it would've been 4-1 in the 3rd period. He needs to get some rest, he's looking way too scrambly (not a word, but it works) at times.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX

The last few games he's not been tracking the puck as well and is overcommitting far more often than usual. If it wasn't for the fact that he got extremely lucky on a save or two tonight, it would've been 4-1 in the 3rd period. He needs to get some rest, he's looking way too scrambly (not a word, but it works) at times.

We agree.

MetalGodAOD*

You're exactly right. He's not looked good the past 2 games. That last goal was just a bad rebound in a perfect spot for Elias though, but I wanted Ellis in this game.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Lehtonen has not have a great year. Probably slightly below average for starting NHL goaltenders. I hope he can bounce back for next year (when the Stars will need him to be on his game for what should be a playoff year) because otherwise that contract extension will start to look real bad real fast.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah i'm so damn confused why Connauton is getting scratches. Their going to **** his stride up at this rate.

It's ridiculous. The only reason Jordie is even in the NHL is because his last name is Benn. He's a borderline #7 dman at best and should be a career AHLer but he just happens to have the same last name as our captain and best player.

All he does is ice the puck or cough it up when he has it behind the net.

MetalGodAOD*

Jordie was in when we had a 3 game winning streak so he's in for the rest of the season guys.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Don't tell management that...

You mean the guy who said this 10 days ago:

“I do look at wining every game, I look at all of the issues that goes into that and what we can do better,’’ he said. “But I also have to look at big picture, and so it is a little different for me. We need to win, but we can’t win at all costs.’’

He's clearly said that he wants to make the playoffs (duh) but that he's thinking big picture too. I'm not sure where these phantom assertions are coming from.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Jordie isn't that terrible, but he's not nearly as good as his lineup placement suggests. Pretty difficult to drop/trade/etc a player who is brothers with our captain and one of our leading points scorers :\

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad