Pre-Game Talk: Game #53: Vancouver Canucks vs. Phoenix Coyotes - Sunday, Jan.26th 5:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

Elliot Pap reports that Henrik is confrmed as a scratch:

Canuck captain Henrik Sedin will miss a third consecutive game when the goal-starved Canucks entertain the Phoenix Coyotes on Sunday in a 5 p.m. start at Rogers Arena.

“Henrik is still day-to-day but he’s making progress,†said acting head coach Mike Sullivan.​

And the Canucks Powerless Play?

On the power play, defenceman Yannick Weber (scratched last game) was taking reps on the first unit with Jason Garrison, Daniel, Kesler and Burrows (no goals in 20 games). The second unit featured Higgins, Dalpe, Kassian, Alex Edler and Chris Tanev. Edler also took reps on the first unit. Weber will draw back in Sunday. Not clear was whether they’ll dress seven defencemen.​
http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/01/25/henrik-sedin-to-miss-third-straight-game-sunday/

member 202355

If Sestito could knock Hanzal the **** out, that'd be great. :)

Kidding, just get a little revenge for his dirty cross-checks.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I'm sure Hanzal will look for the easiest opponent possible. He's only got seven career fights and most of those are against noted tough guys such as Jonathan Toews, Devin Setoguchi, James Neal and Rick Nash.

Really the only tough guy that he's fought was Jared Boll from the Bluejackets, and I don't even think Hanzal wanted that fight. Although Hanzal sure was tough at the start of the scrum when the linesmen were in between him and Boll.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I'm sure Hanzal will look for the easiest opponent possible. He's only got seven career fights and most of those are against noted tough guys such as Jonathan Toews, Devin Setoguchi, James Neal and Rick Nash.

Really the only tough guy that he's fought was Jared Boll from the Bluejackets, and I don't even think Hanzal wanted that fight. Although Hanzal sure was tough at the start of the scrum when the linesmen were in between him and Boll.

ouch, that didn't end well for Hanzal.

I doubt anything will happen, but I am going to the game. I'd appreciate at least a little blood (hint hint)

LolClarkson*

I don't want to see any pummeling, I want to see hanzal get repeatedly body checked all game. Hard punishing (clean) checks.

That is more of a distraction to the actual game. We don't want guys running around looking for him all game.

A faceoff fight is a better way of dealing with it.

Pseudonymous*

Elliot Pap reports that Henrik is confrmed as a scratch:

Canuck captain Henrik Sedin will miss a third consecutive game when the goal-starved Canucks entertain the Phoenix Coyotes on Sunday in a 5 p.m. start at Rogers Arena.

“Henrik is still day-to-day but he’s making progress,†said acting head coach Mike Sullivan.​

And the Canucks Powerless Play?

On the power play, defenceman Yannick Weber (scratched last game) was taking reps on the first unit with Jason Garrison, Daniel, Kesler and Burrows (no goals in 20 games). The second unit featured Higgins, Dalpe, Kassian, Alex Edler and Chris Tanev. Edler also took reps on the first unit. Weber will draw back in Sunday. Not clear was whether they’ll dress seven defencemen.​
http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/01/25/henrik-sedin-to-miss-third-straight-game-sunday/

Good, i dont get why all these idiots play injured, all it does is hurt the team and them long term.

I hope he sits for a while. Hes clearly far from being healthy.

LolClarkson*

ouch, that didn't end well for Hanzal.

I doubt anything will happen, but I am going to the game. I'd appreciate at least a little blood (hint hint)

If nothing happens then all of the retribution we have been dishing out was done in vain.

Its very likely that something happens.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
That is more of a distraction to the actual game. We don't want guys running around looking for him all game.

A faceoff fight is a better way of dealing with it.

Finishing checks is hockey.
Face off fight isn't hockey.
I prefer the former.

LolClarkson*

Finishing checks is hockey.
Face off fight isn't hockey.
I prefer the former.

First of all, I understand that Hanzal is not easy to hit and he doesn't like to fight.

Second, we want guys out there focusing on the puck. Not Hanzal

Third, trying to hit a guy harder then usual will lead to boarding penalties.

4th, these lame Coyote games need a shakeup.

McLlwain

Trevor Forever
Jun 9, 2005
Cologne/Germany
Dale weise is not very smart. What a complete tool for giving out those quotes.
That was my first thought, too.
OTOH the Canucks are already known to look for retaliation. So even if Weise hadn't said that, Hanzal would know he'll have it coming. Unfortunately the refs will expect it, too.

Fresh tactics: Let's just not go after Hanzal and just keep him thinking all game. Might be a bigger distraction than actually getting it out of the way early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad